ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Green..... Welcome to NorCal

Crazy thing about Gordon that a lot of people may not know is he was young for his grade. I want to say he was barely 17 senior year in HS. In a day when nobody is really a fresh or soph that was even more impressive. He was truly a 14 year old playing varsity basketball at Mitty in 9th. He's only 22 and going into his 5th NBA season! Again upside.... The scouts know this stuff. Unlike guys like Kyree walker who are looking for there kids in the stands. Hell Mannion will be a 18 year old jr. What a farce today.

Lmao this guy is obsessed with Walker. This thread has nothing to do with him yet you keep bringing the kids name up. How much energy goes into thinking about a high school kid you don't like? No body cares that you played against j kidd. A lot of guys in the bay played against him during that time. Many of us posting here have played against all star/ hof type players during high school but we don't make it a point like you do.

As far as 2020 players, imo I'd go with scotty barnes and Isaiah Todd as my 1-2. Within California Green, Mobley and Josh Christopher all have legit arguments to the #1 spot.

I do agree with the fact about keeping in perspective in regards to kids that are older
if you are 17 yrs old and calling yourself a 2020 you should be looked at funny not praised
To be some young prodigy of a player who is so much elite over kids who are true 15 year
old kids playing in there age group.

Crazy thing about Gordon that a lot of people may not know is he was young for his grade. I want to say he was barely 17 senior year in HS. In a day when nobody is really a fresh or soph that was even more impressive. He was truly a 14 year old playing varsity basketball at Mitty in 9th. He's only 22 and going into his 5th NBA season! Again upside.... The scouts know this stuff. Unlike guys like Kyree walker who are looking for there kids in the stands. Hell Mannion will be a 18 year old jr. What a farce today.
Wow! You have so

Great point air_baller. We won't ever see anything like Kidd because that was before any social media/youtube/scouting services etc. So it was all word of mouth and looking up box scores in the chronicle/Oak Tribune. You had to invest in a 1-2 hour drive depending on where you came from if you didn't get to play against him in person. Those were great times and i wouldn't trade it for anything. One thing about Kidd is he was so physically gifted in terms of big and fast. He had the body to play in the league and the IQ on the court from a young age. He learned to be a great shooter after college. Guys like k. walker don't do much more me. They just don't. Personally I would rather see a well coached team like Salesian and there PG play as an example. But that is just me.
What's your problem with Kyree Walker? I see you have an affinity for Bashing him. Jeesh the Kid is just trying to play Ball!

Thought this needed a re visit. THE NEW #1 point guard for 2019 who reclassified is Nico Mannion . He is also the Steph Curry King of the court 1v1 champion that included 30 of the best players in country. But he’s just “ a system guy”

Basketball is 5 on 5 right? Just saw a video of Quincy Pondexter beating CP3 and Melo in the same king of the court as the video above. Doesn’t really mean much. Manion is a great talent but hopes he gets a jump shot. All that attacking the basket in college will he met by 7ft 240lb centers.

Reactions: Norcalbuckets
Mannion is special, I completely disagree. Shot is going to develop fine when he goes to a top University.

I think his no. 1 challenge will be building bulk. He needs to build a frame like Russell Westbrook or Lillard if he wants a chance at succeeding past the college level.

P.S: He will probably end up at U of A also btw.

Question on the original purpose of this thread... Is Jalen Green still heading to MC??? Havent heard anything new about this rumor...

Jalen is really an explosive athlete but I saw him do nothing mental on the basketball court nor did I see defending anyone!!!

“Manion is a great talent but hopes he gets a jumpshot.”.
If u made this statement, u have obviously not seen Nico play much.

Do u also have this opinion? “Ewing was a good center but he needed to develop his shot blocking abilities”. LMAO. ‍♂️

Reactions: H.E.A.T.
Question on the original purpose of this thread... Is Jalen Green still heading to MC??? Havent heard anything new about this rumor...
Last I heard is his mom transferred-accepted high role @ Kaiser Modesto, they bought a home near. Also heard there’s a fight with CIF regarding transfer. Havnt heard anything new in last month. This is coming from a very very involved close source....

Reactions: TwitterLegend
Just to revisit all the Niko naysayers. Have you paid attention to the start of his season . He had another top performance tonight on ESPN with 33and 11 per ballislife in a 90-69 win vs San Joaquin memorial. Jalen also had 33 for SJM

Reactions: mansnothot
Just to revisit all the Niko naysayers. Have you paid attention to the start of his season . He had another top performance tonight on ESPN with 33and 11 per ballislife in a 90-69 win vs San Joaquin memorial. Jalen also had 33 for SJM

About to watch now.

Watch espn app. Under basketball. Replay.

Very entertaining game on ESPN last night... the 1st quarter was insane with both studs going toe to toe... Green cooled off until late in the game when it was already over and he added a few clips to his highlight reel, but his status as a top-5 future-pro guy is a no-brainer. Mannion was fantastic, came out red hot, as awesome as Green was in the 1st quarter (18 pts), Mannion was even better with 20 pts lol... Showed some nice vision and playmaking later in the game too.... Both are studs no doubt.

I finally got around to watching the Pinnacle-SJM game last night... Holy Moley!

1st quarter looked like a mixtape!

I don't see anything wrong with Mannion's jumper... Scorches the twine just fine. He's got terrific court awareness and plays pretty hard-nosed D. And I have an idea he'll get even better at it as he fills out his upper body.

Defense is the one thing Green is deficient in... Seems to barely show any interest most of the time. With his size, quickness, and agility, he should be able to clamp down on just about anyone... By that, I mean harass the opponent so much that they can barely get the ball at all, much less get a decent shot.

But I've never seen that, at least not on any consistent basis.

Saw on the internet today that Jalen Green has committed to play wit the Oakland Soldiers. Big time pick up for that program. Didn’t he play for them in middle school?

Mannion is really good. He has a great feel for he game. He’s the real deal

Where did all the "Nico Mannion is a system guy" posters disappear to? o_O Too many folks offering opinions on here without ever having actually watched kids play for multiple games.

Last I heard is his mom transferred-accepted high role @ Kaiser Modesto, they bought a home near. Also heard there’s a fight with CIF regarding transfer. Havnt heard anything new in last month. This is coming from a very very involved close source....
this is hilarious

Saw on the internet today that Jalen Green has committed to play wit the Oakland Soldiers. Big time pick up for that program. Didn’t he play for them in middle school?

Mannion is really good. He has a great feel for he game. He’s the real deal
Yes he did. We took him with us to 7th grade nationals in North Carolina. That was the year it was aged based.

Sounds very fishy and has a real bad odor to it as he didn't need the soldiers or there
platform to boost or elevate his recruiting status at all.

Sounds very fishy and has a real bad odor to it as he didn't need the soldiers or there
platform to boost or elevate his recruiting status at all.

Don't know about fishy, the soliders are the flagship EYBL program on the west coast it's a logical choice. Not saying money isn't involved though.

Don’t think it’s about recruiting for that kid. More about enhancing his brand maybe. No better team to do that for than the Soldiers. Nothing fishy about it. Very close friends to all those people and my son played for them. Always kept their word. Stand up program. Been around for 20 plus years. Never been in the hot seat for anything foul.

He will enhance his brand with youtube/IG highlight videos regardless of his summer competition. Playing a full summer schedule does not make sense for him or any top 5/10 recruit.

lol all the top high school players get free stuff sent to them for agreeing to play on certain circuits, and many of their family members receive benefits as well. It's not even really that hidden, you just need to watch a couple of their Instagram Lives to get the gist.

I might get crucified for this opinion, but it's something I've thought about for awhile now. After watching Luka Doncic do what he has done in the NBA this year, I have no idea why kids don't go to Europe at 13-14 and play with European teams and get paid to do so for 4-5 years before the NBA.

Doncic signed with Real Madrid when he was 15 years old, played for their junior team eventually good enough to make the Senior team and win an MVP of the Euroleague at the age of 18.

Lets take Emoni Bates as an example. Hes a freshman this year. Lets say he signed with CSKA Moscow for 2 years 250K. He does well his first two years there makes the senior team signs another deal for 2 yr/ 2.5 million. Don't forget the shoe deal he would get the minute he became pro, as well as the endorsements. Would that be worth giving up high school basketball where you make zero dollars and zero cents the entire time you are there?

I personally would like to see more kids take this route. Go to Europe and milk your basketball career for all its worth.

Reactions: mansnothot
@Ayalar. I hear you but I'm gonna guess that you don't have any kids yet. Apologize if I'm wrong but up & go to Europe at 15/16 y/o? Jus the fact that you know Emoni Bates name, I'm pretty sure his family won't miss a bill payment. The runners and shoe guys are neck deep on bids. You see how fast Lavar got his boys outta there. Senior that won't qualify, makes sense. Just my opinion

I might get crucified for this opinion, but it's something I've thought about for awhile now. After watching Luka Doncic do what he has done in the NBA this year, I have no idea why kids don't go to Europe at 13-14 and play with European teams and get paid to do so for 4-5 years before the NBA.

Doncic signed with Real Madrid when he was 15 years old, played for their junior team eventually good enough to make the Senior team and win an MVP of the Euroleague at the age of 18.

Lets take Emoni Bates as an example. Hes a freshman this year. Lets say he signed with CSKA Moscow for 2 years 250K. He does well his first two years there makes the senior team signs another deal for 2 yr/ 2.5 million. Don't forget the shoe deal he would get the minute he became pro, as well as the endorsements. Would that be worth giving up high school basketball where you make zero dollars and zero cents the entire time you are there?

I personally would like to see more kids take this route. Go to Europe and milk your basketball career for all its worth.
because most people do not want to send their child to live in europe alone. with grown men. also less than 1 percent make it in pro basketball stateside. So you probably need a high school diploma at least to survive in america after the ball goes flat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT