ADVERTISEMENT

Jesuit vs Folsom thread

cashisking18

Sports Fanatic
Jul 26, 2018
Should be a great night. Look for the Bulldogs to score early and often in this one.

Jesuit has gotten more hype that usual this off season. Peoppe have said this may he the best team they've fielded in a long time.

Can they beat the Bulldogs at home? We shall see!

LaSallian brothers greater than Jesuits - so Folsom by 3 touchdowns. Jesuits, unfortunately, will get revenge at the Holy Bowl. ;)

Reactions: cashisking18
Jesuit offense is much better than DLS' for first half. The Marauders are exposing some weakness in the Folsom D. Tied at 7 - end of 1st.

Jesuit offense is much better than DLS' for first half. The Marauders are exposing some weakness in the Folsom D. Tied at 7 - end of 1st.
Fortunately for Folsom, Jesuit is no where near as good DLS' defense. Folsom 14-7

I realize that this was Jesuit's 1st game, but I was wise not to buy into all the hype about this being their best team ever. It's not. As I figured would be the case. People forget how good some of their previous teams really were.

I get that they played Folsom, but still .... gotta represent better than 51-14, especially when they had all off-season to prep for the 1st game.

A lot of folks have been high on Jesuit since Blanton took over, mostly due to his DLS connection and success at St. Patrick-St. Vincent. I bought in initially, but have been largely underwhelmed. I'm not seeing anything great developing there the past 6 seasons.

Reactions: coachlittle
Lined up next to each other, surprised how much bigger Folsom was. Hardeman and Lynch at the ends are tough matchups.

Rutherford played two series I think before leaving with an injury.

Another fun one in the books like night at Prairie City Stadium last night. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect! My breakdown on the game is as follows:

Final: Folsom 51-14

1st quarter: It looked like a game from the start and Jesuit came out swinging! They had the veer rolling and their offense line was moving mountains! I think Folsom was a bit surprised at this and took a little bit to adjust. Jesuit scored on their first drive and managed to chew up most of the entire 1st quarter clock on dive plays. Unfortunately, Folsom answered right back in 2 or 3 plays and the game was tied pretty quick. Jesuit continued to move the ball at will and even managed to get down to about the 2 yard line with the clock running down in the 1st. They decided to go for it, 4th and goal, on the 2 or so, and got stuffed. Huge mistake in my book. Folsom never looked back as it got ugly from here. I did like the initial game plan, as Jesuit looked to control the clock and limit Folsom offensive possessions. I just had a feeling they couldn't sustain it. I was right. Rutherford was a non factor, being injured pretty quickly. One of Jesuit's best lineman was also carted off the field with a knee injury.

2nd quarter: Folsom really got it going here, scoring 27 unanswered points in the quarter and scoring at will. Folsom defense started to have their way with Jesuit and force some 3 and outs, and a few turnovers. Folsom was scoring quick, and in bunches. It was a huge onslaught. Badger looked like a man among boys, 4 catches for 83 yards, and a TD. Joe Ngata added 3 catches for 22 yards, and 2 TDs. From the start of the 2nd quarter, Jesuit did basically nothing on offense and nothing on defense. They had given up by the time it was 14-7. Totally gassed.

3rd quarter: Folsom's CJ Hutton returned the 2nd half kickoff 90 yards for a TD. This really broke Jesuit's back. Folsom pulled the starters midway through the quarter and the rest of the game was back ups against back ups. Fairly entertaining if you ask me. Folsom's 2nd string offense wasn't half bad. They had another touchdown that was called back on a penalty.

4th quarter: The back up bowl. Jesuit managed to score on a 4th and long hail mary that landed in between 3 Bulldog defenders for a touchdown. Cool play!

Final: Folsom- 51 Jesuit-14

Final observations:
1. This could have been MUCH worse. Starters out in 3rd quarter. Runnin clock ensued. The way Folsom was scoring at will, I think if they keep it going, they could have scored around 80. Jesuit was demoralized midway through the 2nd quarter.
2. I was waiting to see about all the hype I've heard about Jesuit. From the start, their offensive line looked GREAT! But they ran out of gas very quickly and were dominated after the first initial drives. As StreakOne noted, the size difference between the two teams as amazing. I don't think most people realize how big Folsom is on the lines and even at the skill positions.
3. Rutherford got hurt almost immediately. I didn't see him play after that. I think the thinking was that this is the 1st game for them, and they didn't want to risk getting him injured even more in a game like this. Can't say I blame them.
4. Jesuit had a decent running game going with the veer. They had a few RBs that played well. They didn't show any ability to throw the ball whatsoever, expect for to the big tight end that they have. I believe he was really the only threat through the air. Big kid though- he will go somewhere.
5. Folsom had 8 receivers catch passes last night. The ball was moving all over the place.
6. Folsom had 5 different RBs touch the ball last night. Daniyel Ngata was stellar with 7 rushes for 84 yards and a TD. He also had a receiving touchdown. This kid is an amazing RB.
7. Jesuit came into the game, ranked #11 in the state by Calpreps. I am not sure what to think of this. I don't know if Folsom is just that far ahead of SJS teams, or Jesuit was a bit overrated. I hope my write up helps you make that decision.

Overall, it was a fun game to watch, especially in the 1st quarter. When Folsom's offense gets it going, it is pretty much impossible to stop. The big difference from last year is the defense. This defense is big, strong, and gets stops. They are huge upfront. I think the other SJS teams on the schedule and in the SFL are in for a fun year.

Go Bulldogs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan12Kings
Another fun one in the books like night at Prairie City Stadium last night. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect! My breakdown on the game is as follows:

1st quarter: It looked like a game from the start and Jesuit came out swinging! They had the veer rolling and their offense line was moving mountains! I think Folsom was a bit surprised at this and took a little bit to adjust. Jesuit scored on their first drive and managed to chew up most of the entire 1st quarter clock on dive plays. Unfortunately, Folsom answered right back in 2 or 3 plays and the game was tied pretty quick. Jesuit continued to move the ball at will and even managed to get down to about the 2 yard line with the clock running down in the 1st. They decided to go for it, 4th and goal, on the 2 or so, and got stuffed. Huge mistake in my book. Folsom never looked back as it got ugly from here. I did like the initial game plan, as Jesuit looked to control the clock and limit Folsom offensive possessions. I just had a feeling they couldn't sustain it. I was right. Rutherford was a non factor, being injured pretty quickly. One of Jesuit's best lineman was also carted off the field with a knee injury.

2nd quarter: Folsom really got it going here, scoring 27 unanswered points in the quarter and scoring at will. Folsom defense started to have their way with Jesuit and force some 3 and outs, and a few turnovers. Folsom was scoring quick, and in bunches. It was a huge onslaught. Badger looked like a man among boys, 4 catches for 83 yards, and a TD. Joe Ngata added 3 catches for 22 yards, and 2 TDs. From the start of the 2nd quarter, Jesuit did basically nothing on offense and nothing on defense. They had given up by the time it was 14-7. Totally gassed.

3rd quarter: Folsom's CJ Hutton returned the 2nd half kickoff 90 yards for a TD. This really broke Jesuit's back. Folsom pulled the starters midway through the quarter and the rest of the game was back ups against back ups. Fairly entertaining if you ask me. Folsom's 2nd string offense wasn't half bad. They had another touchdown that was called back on a penalty.

4th quarter: The back up bowl. Jesuit managed to score on a 4th and long hail mary that landed in between 3 Bulldog defenders for a touchdown. Cool play!

Final observations:
1. This could have been MUCH worse. Starters out in 3rd quarter. Runnin clock ensued. The way Folsom was scoring at will, I think if they keep it going, they could have scored around 80. Jesuit was demoralized midway through the 2nd quarter.
2. I was waiting to see about all the hype I've heard about Jesuit. From the start, their offensive line looked GREAT! But they ran out of gas very quickly and were dominated after the first initial drives. As StreakOne noted, the size difference between the two teams as amazing. I don't think most people realize how big Folsom is on the lines and even at the skill positions.
3. Rutherford got hurt almost immediately. I didn't see him play after that. I think the thinking was that this is the 1st game for them, and they didn't want to risk getting him injured even more in a game like this. Can't say I blame them.
4. Jesuit had a decent running game going with the veer. They had a few RBs that played well. They didn't show any ability to throw the ball whatsoever, expect for to the big tight end that they have. I believe he was really the only threat through the air. Big kid though- he will go somewhere.
5. Folsom had 8 receivers catch passes last night. The ball was moving all over the place.
6. Folsom had 5 different RBs touch the ball last night. Daniyel Ngata was stellar with 7 rushes for 84 yards and a TD. He also had a receiving touchdown. This kid is an amazing RB.
7. Jesuit came into the game, ranked #11 in the state by Calpreps. I am not sure what to think of this. I don't know if Folsom is just that far ahead of SJS teams, or Jesuit was a bit overrated. I hope my write up helps you make that decision.

Overall, it was a fun game to watch, especially in the 1st quarter. When Folsom's offense gets it going, it is pretty much impossible to stop. The big difference from last year is the defense. This defense is big, strong, and gets stops. They are huge upfront. I think the other SJS teams on the schedule and in the SFL are in for a fun year.

Go Bulldogs!

But not a fun night for Jesuit for sure.

Reactions: cashisking18
Best part of the ignore feature- seeing that the same trolls are posting and you cant see a thing. Such a win!

Reactions: awood1

Final observations:

Go Bulldogs!

Don’t cite Cp rankings until at least October

No one thought Jesuit was #11 in the state

I’d accept fringe top 25 but they need to sho better than last night

Don’t cite Cp rankings until at least October

No one thought Jesuit was #11 in the state

I’d accept fringe top 25 but they need to sho better than last night
Some specific DLS posters were HIGH on Jesuit after the scrimmage. Now it seems like everyone is backtracking big time on them.

I was hearing stuff thrown around like "this is the best team they've ever fielded this year!" It was interesting stuff to ponder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT