ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Cattolico steps down at Sheldon

One of the really good guys in High School Football is stepping away

Joe did a really nice job at Sheldon over his 3 years there.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article225037445.html
Streak One….I find it strange that Joe would leave Sheldon after what he did so far. The area is a producer of football players and he may have a down year this season, but it will rebound for the 2020 season....So now, does he go to Christian Bros.???

Just goes to show how much time and pressure is involved as a HC in HS sports, especially football. This is twice now Coach C has stepped down for the same reason. In today's day and age, it's a rough gig.

I also see that Justin Reber has moved on to Bella Vista. Good coach, but he sure likes to move around a lot for some reason. This will be his 5th program since 2010.

Just goes to show how much time and pressure is involved as a HC in HS sports, especially football. This is twice now Coach C has stepped down for the same reason. In today's day and age, it's a rough gig.

I also see that Justin Reber has moved on to Bella Vista. Good coach, but he sure likes to move around a lot for some reason. This will be his 5th program since 2010.

Agree TR. You almost have to be young without a family (yet) or family is older and kids off to college. Trying to raise a family and coaching is brutal gig. Something usually gives and your wife often wins.

Agree TR. You almost have to be young without a family (yet) or family is older and kids off to college. Trying to raise a family and coaching is brutal gig. Something usually gives and your wife often wins.

Yep, those days of the 30-35 year coaching stint are in the rear view mirror. Way to much time commitment and you’re right if you have a family it doesn’t work great. And also way too much parental involvement and other BS these days to put up with that guys just get burned out on.

Yep, those days of the 30-35 year coaching stint are in the rear view mirror. Way to much time commitment and you’re right if you have a family it doesn’t work great. And also way too much parental involvement and other BS these days to put up with that guys just get burned out on.

Sad truth. I'm actually shocked that a majority of programs aren't Dad coaches.

Reactions: awood1 and bella123
Yeah its funny because when we played (most of us older) it was nearly impossible to interact with the coaches (parents). You had to schedule a meeting with them and what parents do that. Most are cowards. Couldn't text, email, or bash on social media. They were sort of untouchable. Leave a message with the secretary. Best programs I see today coaches won't even acknowledged parents feedback. Don't talk to me. I don't care what you think. Its sad that its gotten to that but you have to take a stand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT