ADVERTISEMENT

Joe D. Early Predicts in SJS

Is this for the Schools in Sacramento and the sorrounding Areas of Sacramento? No St. Mary's, No Central Catholic? How about teams like Downey, Merced, Tracy Sierra-Manetca, Oakdale, Vacaville, Vanden, Napa , Wood? What Division's?

He sure has those Inderkum Tigers rated pretty highly. Right up there with the usual suspects. Nice to see Sac break into the top 10 too.

5 SFL teams. Color me shocked. :rolleyes:

Reactions: smashmouthrick
St. Mary's has a whole lot coming back from a top ten team last year. Joe D must not be including Stockton teams. Franks must think he has something this coming year, he put St. John Bosco on the preseason schedule.

Sac Bee rankings only include those within its home delivery area if I recall correctly - so it only includes schools in Sac, Placer, El Dorado, Yolo, and Yuba counties.

Thanks 2wcats! Any info on Wood's schedule for this year? Perhaps JD shud only put Sac Teams instead of SJS Rankings. Thanks SacFB

Joe needs to get out and look around. Whitney beat Rocklin last season in preseason, took Del Oro a late stand in deep into their field to hold onto playoff victory 34-28. They should be even better this year....last years playoff team started several sophs......took a few breaks for DO to pull that one out....

Joe needs to get out and look around. Whitney beat Rocklin last season in preseason, took Del Oro a late stand in deep into their field to hold onto playoff victory 34-28. They should be even better this year....last years playoff team started several sophs......took a few breaks for DO to pull that one out....

Whitney certainly won the games they were supposed to win last season but also lost the ones they were supposed to lose. All of their losses were to fairly good opponents. You mentioned the Rocklin game as strong point, but also consider that Whitney lost to Del Campo -- a team that Rocklin beat twice by 19 and 36 points respectively. Goes to show that game was more of an anomaly for obvious reasons. I didn't see as much of the Del Oro game as you did, as I was streaming it while attending a different game and really only followed the score. I recall Hunter Rodrigues and Co. answering the bell late with some clutch scores every time it looked like Del Oro was pulling away. They certainly represented well in that game.

Losing Hunter and Brocchini are big hits, but Coach Doherty runs a good program and should field another good team, I'm sure.
But do you really think they'll be top 10 material? I mean, Joe has Sac at #10 and Antelope at #11 and they've both been better stronger than Whitney the past few seasons.

Whitney could surprise some people. I was at that oak ridge game last year they lost 57-55 and you couldn't tell who the better team was. But you are losing a QB Rodrigues who was an absolute stud. He threw for over 3000 yards and 45 TD. Btw, where is he going? He can play somewhere.

Many fail to mention that DO was losing in that playoff game for about a quarter.....DO also was lucky HRod threw a pic in the endzone.....I know WHS beat RHS largely on players having to sit.....but while that senior class had a few good players the bulk of that team was juniors....the JV is loaded.....Brochini was a good one but the Kraft kid will be special. The JV group has lost 1 game in like 5 years...They know how to play 4 quarters....

I'm pretty up on whitney as well. Lots of people moving into that area and good coaching upgrades in both football and hoops. Who is going to replace hunter? That is my biggest ?,

I'm pretty up on whitney as well. Lots of people moving into that area and good coaching upgrades in both football and hoops. Who is going to replace hunter? That is my biggest ?,

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't consider Paul Doherty an upgrade over Mike Gimenez. Both really good coaches in their own right, but Gimenez is more accomplished.

Kid named Ecklund? Stronger arm then Hunter, not as athletic but can move well. move of a pocket guy so not sure if he really fits what they want??? They just have a few really good classes back to back to back......agreed Thunder...Doherty has move to prove at this point.....

Reactions: pantera-cat
The Sac Bee area also includes Nevada County and Nevada Union was ranked backed when they were good but certainly not being ranked anymore.

Recall Nevada Union having very good teams, section champs, etc. What happened - they aren't mentioned much anymore.

Sometimes guys on here get a little to excited before reading the post or knowing the situation. Joe D top 10 is the Sac Bee top 10. Not The SJS north or south Top 10. Just Sac bee. I don't see Folsom ,Elk Grove, Del Oro etc ever ranked in the Stockton record ,Modesto Bee, etc rankings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT