ADVERTISEMENT

@Knock Heads

FootballJunkie101

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2017
CHEROKEE COUNTY
Just to let you know, I know football my friend. I did give OR a bit more credit for their offense than I should have or better yet gave less credit to Folsom's very good defense. As I posted, Folsom will put up 62 points on OR. Actual score of the game was 62-6. Folsom led OR 62-6 in the third quarter. My early prediction was 62-21 and possibly a running clock.Take a :rolleyes:.

All that said, Folsom by at least 5 scores if not more. I'd say 62-21. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Nah. I can't see Folsom scoring 62. I could see OR scoring 21 though. I think OR will need to run the football successfully for it to be a close game. That I think is the key.

Who's the D1 athlete on OR team that will stop Ngata from scoring at will? And if you double team him that would be suicidal. Yes both teams are very familiar with each other but the athletic gap is too huge for OR to deal with this year. A running clock is the only thing that will prevent Folsom from putting up 60+ points.

https://norcalpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/scores-for-sept-7-8.19770/

You were right. I was wrong. I can't believe that the Trojans didn't put up more of a rushing attack. They seemed to have a size advantage. SMH. Folsom D shut out their first string offense...I saw a pic of the feet on the receiver on the sole Oak Ridge 1st team TD.....receiver was OB. Not a TD. Suffice it to say, Oak Ridge was a lot worse offensively than I thought they'd be. And, you have to credit the Folsom D. But I honestly believe that some of it is on the Oak Ridge offense....inability to convert on 3rd down. Gave Folsom way too many opportunities to score.

You were right. I was wrong. I can't believe that the Trojans didn't put up more of a rushing attack. They seemed to have a size advantage. SMH. Folsom D shut out their first string offense...I saw a pic of the feet on the receiver on the sole Oak Ridge 1st team TD.....receiver was OB. Not a TD. Suffice it to say, Oak Ridge was a lot worse offensively than I thought they'd be. And, you have to credit the Folsom D. But I honestly believe that some of it is on the Oak Ridge offense....inability to convert on 3rd down. Gave Folsom way too many opportunities to score.
It's all good. I also thought OR would put up a few more scores. Respect to Folsom defense for keeping OR's offense in check. Folsom has the potential of being a 3peat state champion. And folks want them to continue with their soft pre-season scheduling habits. Give me a break.

Reactions: Deltadodger
It's all good. I also thought OR would put up a few more scores. Respect to Folsom defense for keeping OR's offense in check. Folsom has the potential of being a 3peat state champion. And folks want them to continue with their soft pre-season scheduling habits. Give me a break.

You may be right .... unless they try to throw it against an elite defensive secondary again. Sometimes you have to run the ball.

Maybe Folsom coaches do a great job of preparing their kids coupled with the athletes on the outside that could play man I doubt any team will successfully run on them unless you can throw on them. Watching folsom I dong think they have a super talented defense but they do play very discipline for a high school team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT