ADVERTISEMENT

Latest USA High School Football Rankings

Califfbfan

Superstar
Jul 6, 2018
In the latest rankings that came out today, the West Regional Rankings had 7 California schools in the top 10. Leaving out the three school from other states, the California schools were ranked in this order:

St. John Bosco
Mater Dei
De La Salle
Centennial Corona
Oaks Christian
J. Serra
Folsom

A pretty good accomplishment for California schools.

How can you have seen the southern California schools live since you live in northern California?

socal: sjb, md, cen10, j serra, oaks

norcal: folsom dls

dls sos- 45.7
folsom sos- 46
sjb- 31.2
md- 33.7

looks like I got it right as calpreps

i may even switch sjb and md depending on that game should be a good 1

md
sjb
folsom
dls
cen10

tier 2
jserra
oaks
pitt
serra

Last edited:
DLS will be the only good team that Folsom plays this year and by the end if the year their SOS will be much lower.

actually this is completely false.

bishop Gorman is dls last good game. Calpreps has them at around #85 in the country. the team folsom would likely play in the 1AA bowl would be ranked at least 20 spots higher than bishop Gorman if the trend continues.
as folsom is in the SFL, is stronger league than ebal (although rated almost evenly), folsom will likely have a stronger sos before the bowl games start.

this is why i am ranking folsom number 1 and dls number 2 right now in norcal

actually this is completely false.

bishop Gorman is dls last good game. Calpreps has them at around #85 in the country. the team folsom would likely play in the 1AA bowl would be ranked at least 20 spots higher than bishop Gorman if the trend continues.
as folsom is in the SFL, is stronger league than ebal (although rated almost evenly), folsom will likely have a stronger sos before the bowl games start.

this is why i am ranking folsom number 1 and dls number 2 right now in norcal

I am not quite understanding your logic. Folsom is ranked ahead of DLS even though they lost to DLS, 3 weeks ago? And you basing this because you think Folsom will have played a tougher schedule? They played each other, one team scored more than the other. Neither team has lost since then. in my mind the team that won gets to stay on top until they lose.

I am not quite understanding your logic. Folsom is ranked ahead of DLS even though they lost to DLS, 3 weeks ago? And you basing this because you think Folsom will have played a tougher schedule? They played each other, one team scored more than the other. Neither team has lost since then. in my mind the team that won gets to stay on top until they lose.
if dls loses to bishop Gorman it throws everything for a loop, bishop is around #80 in calpreps, that would actually be a bad loss and could swing things. right now i think folsom is a better team. week 0 obviously not

In comparing DLS to Folsom schedules, and going on just This Year, DLS will play these good teams:

Folsom
Central Catholic (State Bowl Game winner)
St. Francis (state bowl game winner)
Bishop Gorman: down from past years, but still BG
Buchanan: undefeated to date this year.
Then DLS plays their league teams; Monte Vista, California, San Ramon, etc., who are on par with the teams in Folsom's league.

Folsom played DLS; they played, Chaminade, which is not the team they were the past few years. Their other teams on schedule are similar to the teams on the last part of DLD's schedule.

I think norcalfootballfan2 really wants to believe that Folsom is better than DLS. It is possible he is the only fan in Northern California who believes that?

Reactions: jamzz94549
as of right now folsom strength of schedule is actually rated higher than dls. is dls loses to the bishop and chaminade makes a decent showing against sjb, it would throw things out of wack. plus folsom plays in the sfl which is the best league in norcal

revised rankings
sjb
md
folsom
cen10
dls

Folsom should not be ranked higher than DLS. Folsom lost to them this year. If DLS loses, the rankings should be re-evaluated.

But I will say that you trolls make this board way less enjoyable. You just shout names and marginalize anyone you disagree with. It is very immature and not really worth the time to read. It is like having two kids in the backseat that are just yelling and smacking each other.

Knock it off. Grow up.

Have a take. Don't suck. Use stats, facts and opinions in your posts. Trust that the readers know the difference and will come to their own conclusions. No need to troll someone because you do not like their opinion. This is high school sports, not politics.

And there a lot of people that believe that Folsom would not turn the ball over 5 times and would win a rematch if it were held. But since that game is not happening, their opinion does not matter.

Folsom is the only 1 guaranteed a state title. Since they'll go D2 game.

Folsom in the D2 ??... should be a fair match.......
hFCB6DC55

Yippy Ky Yay Big Dawg

Last edited:
Reactions: jamzz94549
Maxpreps has just five California teams:

SJB
MD
CC
DLS
Oaks Christian

In that order. Looks like they reward the teams that play a decent schedule.

Don't pay attention to Maxpreps. They use Calpreps rating system and list them in the same order. As already discussed, Calpreps doesn't really become effective until later in the season as more games are played.

They played each other, one team scored more than the other. Neither team has lost since then. in my mind the team that won gets to stay on top until they lose.

In theory, I agree with you. But sometimes, if a game was close and the losing team plays a more difficult schedule throughout the rest of the season -- and has more marquee wins -- they can pass the team that beat them. I think this happened between TCU and Baylor around 4-5 years ago. TCU was ranked higher by the playoff committee despite a close loss to Baylor.

Also, it happens in the NFL quite often where one team sweeps 2 games from a divisional opponent, but loses the division title because they ended the season with one more loss. The head-2-head matchup(s) only matter when things are equal. But if one team's resume separates from the other, a head2head match up doesn't come into play. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.

For example, let's imagine if Folsom pulled off an upset against DLS that went down to the wire. And then DLS plays the likes of SJB, Euless Trinity and Bishop Gorman and wins all those games (assuming all 3 are elite) while Folsom plays nobody else of consequence. DLS would almost assuredly overtake Folsom for the Open bid. That's how it works.

They did. 14-0 and you rank them below the team they beat...

In this case I agree.

In theory, I agree with you. But sometimes, if a game was close and the losing team plays a more difficult schedule throughout the rest of the season -- and has more marquee wins -- they can pass the team that beat them. I think this happened between TCU and Baylor around 4-5 years ago. TCU was ranked higher by the playoff committee despite a close loss to Baylor.

Also, it happens in the NFL quite often where one team sweeps 2 games from a divisional opponent, but loses the division title because they ended the season with one more loss. The head-2-head matchup(s) only matter when things are equal. But if one team's resume separates from the other, a head2head match up doesn't come into play. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.

For example, let's imagine if Folsom pulled off an upset against DLS that went down to the wire. And then DLS plays the likes of SJB, Euless Trinity and Bishop Gorman and wins all those games (assuming all 3 are elite) while Folsom plays nobody else of consequence. DLS would almost assuredly overtake Folsom for the Open bid. That's how it works.

I agree with this to a point. But in the case of DLS and Folsom neither are scheduled to play an elite team (minus the Bishop and not sure how elite they are this year) the rest of the year. So with all things being equal, head to head is what matters with the schedules they lined up this year. This game was for the defecto Open invite and number one NorCal ranking.

Last edited:
Reactions: feedback1 and RLS13
I wasn’t kidding. Hey they played ignore was a good game. But the

I agree with this to a point. But in the case of DLS and Folsom neither are scheduled to play an elite team (minus the Bishop and not sure how elite they are this year) the rest of the year. So with all things being equal, head to head is what matters with the schedules they lined up this year. This game was for the defecto Open invite and number one NorCal ranking.

I fully understand and agree. I was just providing a hypothetical situation to demonstrate how head2head may not come into play or, better yet, how a close head2head loss can be overcome.

I think the idea of bypassing a head-to-head result is playing out with Pittsburg and Clayton Valley Charter. CVC has the on-field win (at Pittsburg too), but doesn't have the strength of schedule to match Pittsburg. Since it took a loss, now it is a real question. Would be even more so if Pitt beats Antioch later this year.

Don't mean to divert this thread, but this is a very interesting topic in ranking teams.

I think the idea of bypassing a head-to-head result is playing out with Pittsburg and Clayton Valley Charter. CVC has the on-field win (at Pittsburg too), but doesn't have the strength of schedule to match Pittsburg. Since it took a loss, now it is a real question. Would be even more so if Pitt beats Antioch later this year.

Don't mean to divert this thread, but this is a very interesting topic in ranking teams.

What do you think the open would be if Pitt beat Antioch and Liberty? And Antioch lost to Liberty?

1. DLS
2. Pitt
3. Liberty
4. CV/Antioch

One poster writes the situation where a loser plays a tougher schedule and could pass the winner of their game. Well, this year, Folsom was the loser of the DLS game, and they definitely have a weaker overall schedule than DLS.

Folsom lost after all the nonsense I had to listen to...DLS was the better team...the scoreboard dictates who won/lost...time to move on...

Agreed.....,
Woulda-coulda-shoulda pumps up the posts on a thread but doesn't change the results.

....and if the Mongol hordes hadn't been stopped at the battle of Liegnitz +600 years ago we all might be running up & down Hwy 80 on short legged horses, ordering fermented mare's milk and a jumbo yak burger combo from McMongol's
.....but results are in the books, so onto the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Folsom should not be ranked higher than DLS. Folsom lost to them this year. If DLS loses, the rankings should be re-evaluated.

But I will say that you trolls make this board way less enjoyable. You just shout names and marginalize anyone you disagree with. It is very immature and not really worth the time to read. It is like having two kids in the backseat that are just yelling and smacking each other.

Knock it off. Grow up.

Have a take. Don't suck. Use stats, facts and opinions in your posts. Trust that the readers know the difference and will come to their own conclusions. No need to troll someone because you do not like their opinion. This is high school sports, not politics.

And there a lot of people that believe that Folsom would not turn the ball over 5 times and would win a rematch if it were held. But since that game is not happening, their opinion does not matter.
I agree with you on all the banter and trolling. But when you say a lot of people think Folsom would win a rematch, your talking about people that know zero about HSFB. I wanted Folsom to win as much as anyone. And though I felt it was there best chance this year I also know a little something about HSFB. I said it before and I even told Lumpy himself that spread offenses don’t do well against dls. If they played again I think there would be all of 5 turnovers maybe more. If you saw the interview of the Folsom QB after the game. His chin was bloody and he looked beat to hell. I don’t think he would forget that if there was a rematch. I don’t believe the score reflects the beating these poor kids took. Folsom is hands down the second best team in NorCal and they should be happy as hell about it. Leave dls alone. Folsom is much more fun team to watch.

Reactions: aztecpadre
I would beg to differ on this analysis. dls walked out of week 0, battered and bruised especially on the lines they looked out of gas folsom just beat themselves in that game. week 0 tought for the offense

folsom rollin on offense now and would win by multiple scores and wouldn't turn the ball over like like. ive never seen dls kids so beat and battered at the end of the time. dls coach was so red in the face he looked like he was going to have a heart attack. I dun think he wants none of this folsom squad just too many athletes

plus da fact folsom would better respresent da open aganst socal a much funner game to watch rather than the veer getting beat up by 30 no thanks

I have no idea and really don't care.....but what I do know is FOLSOM has gotten it handed to them EVERYTIME they have played DLS.......I deal in FACTS JACK.....Folsom is NORCALS bridesmaid....hey at least she gets married....

I have no idea and really don't care.....but what I do know is FOLSOM has gotten it handed to them EVERYTIME they have played DLS.......I deal in FACTS JACK.....Folsom is NORCALS bridesmaid....hey at least she gets married....
looks like I hit a nerve.

better playing dls and losing by 14 respectively than rocklin getting beat by 70 on a running clock. i think you would agree. that side of 80 is folsoms second wife. just not that hot

better playing dls and losing by 14 respectively than rocklin getting beat by 70 on a running clock. i think you would agree. that side of 80 is folsoms second wife. just not that hot

Why have a second wife that's not hot? Kind of defeats the purpose.

Rocklin by 12.

It means absolutely nothing beating Rocklin by any amount the goals of your season were shattered in week 0 and there’s absolutely nothing Folsom can do heal that wound of Reality.What ever Folsom does the rest of the year there will always be the failure against DLS that’s just the reality of the situation

Perfect (and recent) example that I didn't even think about. It fits my point to a 'T'.

1 point loss that could have gone either way against what might prove to be a far superior resume by season's end. If it plays out that way, CVC's head2head win shouldn't come into play because all things won't be close to equal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT