ADVERTISEMENT

Latest USA High School Football Rankings

I have no dog in this fight at all....I have no children in any program but I do enjoy HSFB. The only nerve that has been struck is that Folsom has lost all three times it has played DLS. All the noise you wish to put out there doesn't change the L to W....DLS 3 Folsom 0....Now lets move on to the rest of the season.

I agree with you on all the banter and trolling. But when you say a lot of people think Folsom would win a rematch, your talking about people that know zero about HSFB. I wanted Folsom to win as much as anyone. And though I felt it was there best chance this year I also know a little something about HSFB. I said it before and I even told Lumpy himself that spread offenses don’t do well against dls. If they played again I think there would be all of 5 turnovers maybe more. If you saw the interview of the Folsom QB after the game. His chin was bloody and he looked beat to hell. I don’t think he would forget that if there was a rematch. I don’t believe the score reflects the beating these poor kids took. Folsom is hands down the second best team in NorCal and they should be happy as hell about it. Leave dls alone. Folsom is much more fun team to watch.

Much funner to watch if you're a basketball guy. If you're a fan or American Football...hell, if you're a fan of rugby De La Salle is fun as hell to watch.

Trying to decipher which of their three plays they will run is almost as fun as try to see opposing defenses stop them.

Reactions: aztecpadre
What do you think the open would be if Pitt beat Antioch and Liberty? And Antioch lost to Liberty?

1. DLS
2. Pitt
3. Liberty
4. CV/Antioch

A lot of components in play here. Does CN upset Liberty? How does Monte Vista end their year. I think Pittsburg will be the 2 seed if they win out. Liberty is the 3 seed if they finish 9-1 with a loss to Pittsburg. Those teams would be obviously flipped if Liberty beats Pittsburg.

Getting confusing in a hurry :)

I have no dog in this fight at all....I have no children in any program but I do enjoy HSFB. The only nerve that has been struck is that Folsom has lost all three times it has played DLS. All the noise you wish to put out there doesn't change the L to W....DLS 3 Folsom 0....Now lets move on to the rest of the season.

Your consistent shrill anti-Folsom, pro-DLS responses provide a different conclusion than the narrative you are trying to push here.

I have no idea and really don't care.....but what I do know is FOLSOM has gotten it handed to them EVERYTIME they have played DLS.......I deal in FACTS JACK.....Folsom is NORCALS bridesmaid....hey at least she gets married....

I don't think a reasonable person would characterize the 2018 Folsom vs. DLS game as Folsom 'getting it handed to them.' You cannot constantly bash this one team and then claim no bias. Regardless of how much you dislike a board member, your posts read as a 'hater'.

I would beg to differ on this analysis. dls walked out of week 0, battered and bruised especially on the lines they looked out of gas
Now you are just making things up. If anything, it was the Folsom O-line in that was running out of gas - as became apparent toward the last few minutes of the game.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Your consistent shrill anti-Folsom, pro-DLS responses provide a different conclusion than the narrative you are trying to push here.

I don't think a reasonable person would characterize the 2018 Folsom vs. DLS game as Folsom 'getting it handed to them.' You cannot constantly bash this one team and then claim no bias. Regardless of how much you dislike a board member, your posts read as a 'hater'.

Take your rose colored glasses off. I have no hate to anything Folsom. As the years have gone by I have watched the program grow and done a tremendous job of it....Great community, school and program....Kudos....
What I have a great disdain for is the board member with 19 handles and hijacks every thread to Folsom football like it is the only school to conversate about.....I also am in awe of DLS and rightfully so...
For the better part of two years I have had to listen to this member hijack threads and banter the "greatness" of Folsom....then they lost again....any bias or hate is to the poster, not the program. Maybe, just maybe, if he could be controlled, the trolls and haters would subside......

I don't think a reasonable person would characterize the 2018 Folsom vs. DLS game as Folsom 'getting it handed to them. You cannot constantly bash this one team and then claim no bias. Regardless of how much you dislike a board member, your posts read as a 'hater'.
I only watch about 3-4 dls games a year. And I would agree that Folsom didn’t get it handed to them. But there was never any doubt as to the outcome. Especially when it was still 0-0 at half. Folsom is a fun team to watch because they are so good but also because who they play. Chaminade might make the top 20 if they were in NorCal. Anyone who defends Ngata the way they did is in for a long night as they were. DLS was very physical with him and he did not like it. I think dls put out the blue print on how to play him and Chaminade payed no attention. Still Folsom is fun to watch and would be against any team in NorCal except dls.

Take your rose colored glasses off. I have no hate to anything Folsom. As the years have gone by I have watched the program grow and done a tremendous job of it....Great community, school and program....Kudos....
What I have a great disdain for is the board member with 19 handles and hijacks every thread to Folsom football like it is the only school to conversate about.....I also am in awe of DLS and rightfully so...
For the better part of two years I have had to listen to this member hijack threads and banter the "greatness" of Folsom....then they lost again....any bias or hate is to the poster, not the program. Maybe, just maybe, if he could be controlled, the trolls and haters would subside......

I agree 100%. I would also add it is "posters" not just the one who changes handles. The other thinks he is always the smartest guy in the room which fits the stereotype.

As for Cybil, I believe he reflects poorly on the program because that guy works for the program or at least volunteers for it.

Reactions: WWHS44 and Humbab
false as a quick glance of your posting history on here in the last few years shows about 90 percent of posts are negative folsom posts

sounds like you are in awe of a team. its folsom.

just wish the side on the 80 freeway corridor would beat folsom sometime this decade. i am tired of seeing poundings

you can troll all you want about one game, but go check the national & state rankings. i rest my case. this was a win.

I agree 100%. I would also add it is "posters" not just the one who changes handles. The other thinks he is always the smartest guy in the room which fits the stereotype.

As for Cybil, I believe he reflects poorly on the program because that guy works for the program or at least volunteers for it.
i think it reflects even more poorly when most anti folsom posters like yourself and @WWHS44 consistantly post about folsom. seems like a bizarre obession considering how many times they have beat on your teams. when are you going to win? we are still waiting........

folsom will running clock every team on the 80 corridor this year

I would definitely put DLS over Folsom they already went head to head this season and DLS came out as the team on top with the “W”
sure

i am just going off a better sos for folsom and the fact they have improved much more. dls seems to be stalled in concrete on offense. we shall see tonight against bishop gorman

Reactions: Dan12Kings
sure

i am just going off a better sos for folsom and the fact they have improved much more. dls seems to be stalled in concrete on offense. we shall see tonight against bishop gorman

SoS of Folsom wins vs DLS wins is a different story. 35.6 vs 45.5.
A big part of the better SoS was because Folsom lost to DLS, and therefore DLS rating went up. What matters even more is the Quality wins. I bet you would agree beating Mater Dei + Nevada Union is harder than beating Chaminade + Pittsburgh, but they carry the same avg SoS. Folsom has no marquee games to move past DLS, unless DLS gets upset a couple of times.
Best future scenario is eliminating the bowl games and having a true playoff system so that teams like Folsom have another chance of greatness.

Reactions: sarpar
SoS of Folsom wins vs DLS wins is a different story. 35.6 vs 45.5.
A big part of the better SoS was because Folsom lost to DLS, and therefore DLS rating went up. What matters even more is the Quality wins. I bet you would agree beating Mater Dei + Nevada Union is harder than beating Chaminade + Pittsburgh, but they carry the same avg SoS. Folsom has no marquee games to move past DLS, unless DLS gets upset a couple of times.
Best future scenario is eliminating the bowl games and having a true playoff system so that teams like Folsom have another chance of greatness.
you cant cherry pick wins and losses for sos purposes.

and actually chaminade is rated higher than bishop gorman is, via calpreps.

there is no such thing is "marquee." wins and ratings are what they are. dls has had an easy schedule so far, outside of folsom, mostly all at home. dls win over folsom wouldn't even be considered "marquee" due to reading through posts on here. i see they are top 20 nationally, but some posters on here seem to think they are irrelevant in norcal. pretty funny bias is you ask me.

they just keep winning

DLS has played:

Folsom
Central Catholic
Bishop O'Dowd
St. Francis
BG

That is not an easy schedule.

What I find interesting is that despite their 1-3 record, BG has more D1 prospects than either DLS or Folsom.

central catholic, bod, st francis were cupcakes

dls struggled with st francis. they struggled with bishop gorman who is probably the 3rd best team in nevada

Interesting in the Cal Hi Sports state rankings that DLS has played:

#6 Folsom
#17 St. Francis
Will play #21 Buchanan this week on the road.

Central Catholic and Bishop O'Dowd are listed as "Top 25 On the Bubble Teams". That is an impressive schedule, which cannot be said of the teams in the SFL.

In terms of schedules:

Folsom taking on DLS & Chaminade on the road, combined with OR is pretty impressive.

Ironically Folsom SoS is a bit higher.
Who woulda thought!?

cashisking2: Fyi DLS beat Gorman, so no question they are #1 in Northern California. Is there something about 14-0 that you don't understand?

Lots of theories on SOS. Fact is, by the end of the year, DLS schedule will definitely, once again, be more difficult then Folsom's. The only other team on Folsom's schedule who some thought would be good is Chaminade, who now has a 2-3 record.

Chaminade will be lucky to finish the season with a .500 record. DLS will be the only notable team that Folsom will have played heading into the SBG.

Chaminade will be lucky to finish the season with a .500 record. DLS will be the only notable team that Folsom will have played heading into the SBG.
This folsom team had not played a team like dls.last year as well.they were not as prepared as they needed to be to overcome them.to bad we don't get round 2 in the playoffs.like the 2010 grant game on espn.folsom got pounded only to return the favor in the section title game and go on to win a state title.

folsom got pounded only to return the favor in the section title game and go on to win a state title.
Ah, great point my friend. That ESPN game was hyped as the biggest the region has ever seen. I remember it like it was yesterday- pre-blue turf days. Crazy to think huh? That team was not ready for Shaq Thompson and the Grant train that day. That Grant team was likely one of the best the region has ever seen. They had a few players with injuries, and if I remember correctly, Shaq played but was hobbled a bit. Folsom blew them out to set up a match up with highly regarded, nationally ranked, Serra of Gardena. If I remember correctly (don't judge), the Bulldogs were huge underdogs in that game. Most media outlets didn't even give them a punchers chance. The Bulldogs dominated that game in the rain on the way to they're 2010 state title.

A round two with DLS would be fun for everyone. Especially with how both teams are playing right now, on a neutral field. It may be even bigger hyped than the first game with them this year. Oh well, no crying over spilled milk.

?...The only other team on Folsom's schedule who some thought would be good is Chaminade, who now has a 2-3 record.

Judging Chaminade off their 2-3 record is pretty unfair considering their losses were to likely 3 of the top 6 teams in the entire state!

But then again...I’m sure you knew that and yet posted anyhow

Reactions: jamzz94549
Chaminade has four tough games left on their schedule - Bishop Amat, Alemany, Serra Gardena, Notre Dame Sherman Oaks - they need to go 3-1 in those four games to avoid going .500.

Chaminade has four tough games left on their schedule - Bishop Amat, Alemany, Serra Gardena, Notre Dame Sherman Oaks - they need to go 3-1 in those four games to avoid going .500.
Chaminade may get some flack in this forum for they're record and the fact that they aren't as good as last year. But I will go on record and say the team I saw in West Hills a few weeks ago would have been mostly likely a top 5 team in NorCal. They're schedule is nuts. Gotta give em credit.

Sos, who plays who, elite teams this/that, etc, etc. What i would like to see fellas is the cif create a true state championship system. Maybe then there wouldnt be so much back and forth on the sos topic, not that the banter isnt entertaining. Im not an expert but maybe seperate the private schools and public schools into their own state championship division and then continue the bowl games as public vs private. Not sure if or how it would work out but maybe something like this;

D1 norcal private champ vs D1 socal private champ (dls vs mater dei)
D1 norcal public champ vs D1 socal public champ (folsom vs cent10)
D1 bowl game= private champ vs public champ (dls vs folsom)

Any thoughts

Reactions: cookie530
Sos, who plays who, elite teams this/that, etc, etc. What i would like to see fellas is the cif create a true state championship system. Maybe then there wouldnt be so much back and forth on the sos topic, not that the banter isnt entertaining. Im not an expert but maybe seperate the private schools and public schools into their own state championship division and then continue the bowl games as public vs private. Not sure if or how it would work out but maybe something like this;

D1 norcal private champ vs D1 socal private champ (dls vs mater dei)
D1 norcal public champ vs D1 socal public champ (folsom vs cent10)
D1 bowl game= private champ vs public champ (dls vs folsom)

Any thoughts
This could work. Good suggestions.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT