ADVERTISEMENT

Let The Transfer Games Begin

Overblown? Being a Del Oro fanatic on this board you know DO had more than one coach suspended for lack of integrity, will those boys still turn into men?
Del Oro? Me? Hahaha. Way off. By a section. But 1315.1 got two catches against CT.

Point is the rules restrict kids and families from choices. If schools want to be athletic powerhouses in sports go for it, like minded kids/families will come. If schools wants to become academic powerhouses great like minded people will come. Imagine telling a kid they can’t participate in Trig, or band, or take physics because they transferred to take part in that praticular institutions program because it was better than one they left. In reality it’s a lame concept and punishes the kid.
Hollow points. Musical prodigies hone their talents outside high school. And math/science whizzes are in AP classes. If not offered at their HS, they’re at the JC or local college. You seem out of touch with academic tracks in HS.

Point is the rules restrict kids and families from choices. If schools want to be athletic powerhouses in sports go for it, like minded kids/families will come. If schools wants to become academic powerhouses great like minded people will come. Imagine telling a kid they can’t participate in Trig, or band, or take physics because they transferred to take part in that praticular institutions program because it was better than one they left. In reality it’s a lame concept and punishes the kid.

The only schools that strive to be athletic powerhouses are the Prep Elites. I doubt there are many schools, public or even private, who would say to the public at large. Come to our school, we will make your kid a professional athlete.

Here's wishing you great football

Reactions: Kickingtee18
You seem out of touch with academic tracks in HS.

Right my reality is allowing people the ability to choose what’s best for them. Your reality is you/system know’s best and by golly if you don’t understand that? We’ll force you to see it through punishment. On a side note in terms of say music/band, Pitt High has a outstanding band would you then be in favor of not allowing a kid from say from MD not to participate if he transferred? Or how about a kid wanting to take part in certain clubs etc...... banning or punishing people for looking for better situations isn’t productive or positive, it’s the opposite.

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting too hear one good reason why athletic transfers should be allowed. It’s the most Ridiculous Concept too acquiring an education that I’ve ever heard of. High school is for educating your kid. Not for teaching them how to run a post pattern. But that’s the Southern California mentality. Why put in the work when all we have to do is allow athletic transfers in order to beat dls. Why educate our kids so maybe they can figure out our water problem instead of trying to build tunnels to try and take Northern California’s water. Southern California has no pride. I try not to visit but when I do it feels like I’m driving through one great big giant Stockton. Try transferring for a better education instead of a way to beat dls..

I’ve been waiting too hear one good reason why athletic transfers should be allowed. It’s the most Ridiculous Concept too acquiring an education that I’ve ever heard of. High school is for educating your kid. Not for teaching them how to run a post pattern. But that’s the Southern California mentality. Why put in the work when all we have to do is allow athletic transfers in order to beat dls. Why educate our kids so maybe they can figure out our water problem instead of trying to build tunnels to try and take Northern California’s water. Southern California has no pride. I try not to visit but when I do it feels like I’m driving through one great big giant Stockton. Try transferring for a better education instead of a way to beat dls..

This is very funny.
78% of MD 2018 graduates are going to 4 year schools and 19% are going to 2 year schools.
97% of a graduating class continuing their education tells me academics are stressed at that school
So yes even if you transfer because of athletics to MD or SJB your chances of continued education just increased
So now you can give me a good reason why people should penalize these kids for transferring

This is very funny.
78% of MD 2018 graduates are going to 4 year schools and 19% are going to 2 year schools.
97% of a graduating class continuing their education tells me academics are stressed at that school
So yes even if you transfer because of athletics to MD or SJB your chances of continued education just increased
So now you can give me a good reason why people should penalize these kids for transferring
That’s really funny. I’m not talking about kids that go to school for the right reasons. I’m talking about athletic transfers. I don’t remember the names of all the transfers into MD. But one that is easy to remember is Dollars. Can you tell everyone where he is right now? I’m willing to bet my bean bag he’s not at MD. The same coach that told me about the shoplifting incident told about all the transfers out of MD and SJB and back to there original schools. I believe he said Dollars is back at RC. I’m not going to tell you what percentage of dls kids go to a 4 year collage because I don’t care for dls. But I’m told it’s far greater then 78%. DLS has one athletic transfer this year and I’m sure he will graduate at dls.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

I see what the NCS/CIF is trying to do and that is to prevent the flood gates from opening on the transfers I believe they feel that it may create college style recruiting between high school programs and worse thing is coach's who go after kids who has been on a team 2 or 3 years convince a transfer for 1 year just to win etc....I get it . And as fans we dont like to be the team who loses a transfer but dont mind so much when our team receives a stud transfer.
But in the end while rules are rules I just dont think we should penalize people for making decision that are best for themselves whether academically or sports motivated...Just my 2 cents....

Regarding the penalty is 6 games to steep? My thoughts are maybe 3 games max for transfers

That’s really funny. I’m not talking about kids that go to school for the right reasons. I’m talking about athletic transfers. I don’t remember the names of all the transfers into MD. But one that is easy to remember is Dollars. Can you tell everyone where he is right now? I’m willing to bet my bean bag he’s not at MD. The same coach that told me about the shoplifting incident told about all the transfers out of MD and SJB and back to there original schools. I believe he said Dollars is back at RC. I’m not going to tell you what percentage of dls kids go to a 4 year collage because I don’t care for dls. But I’m told it’s far greater then 78%. DLS has one athletic transfer this year and I’m sure he will graduate at dls.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

You really need to stop listening to people who don’t know what they are talking about.
Sean Dollars will be playing in the Polynesian Bowl Saturday and then on to Oregon he finished his HS career at MD.
You just keep confirming you don’t know what you’re talking about

Hey if some parent want s to transfer his kid to a private school more power to them...They can do as they wish if they are paying for the ride......If they a getting public education and the tax payer is paying then follow the rules.....If you dont like the public you are at,,, move...rent-buy do what it takes but for gawds sake don't cheat.....there are reason past sports the rules are this way....

Reactions: 1315 and RidgeRider
.....If they a getting public education and the tax payer is paying then follow the rules.....If you dont like the public you are at,,, move...rent-buy do what it takes but for gawds sake don't cheat...
Yes! Move within the school boundaries and are you are good. Rules are rules for a reason.

You really need to stop listening to people who don’t know what they are talking about.
Sean Dollars will be playing in the Polynesian Bowl Saturday and then on to Oregon he finished his HS career at MD.
You just keep confirming you don’t know what you’re talking about
God I wish I knew how to post on here. You are the perfect example of the southern way.

Truth-hertz, @225635,” my reality is allowing people the ability to choose what’s best for them.”

Ignoring HS FB as you are, tell us why Charter schools and the Blue Devils for band rats are not good choices.

Ignoring HS FB as you are, tell us why Charter schools and the Blue Devils for band rats are not good choices.

Nobody said they weren’t! Is this confusing you? Answer why you think those options or not transferring should be the only choice? It shouldn’t be up to “you” or anybody else what a family, or kid, chooses to do with their education, future, etc...... And I’m not ignoring HS FB it’s a football board, and topic is transferring. I’m pointing out how pathetic the current rules are and exposing the clear hypocrisy in attitudes about it. You seem to struggle with this, and make excuses for other types of transfer reasons with limited choices that you decide! Talk about control freak.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

I’m curious, how do you know dela only has one? Their previous published data always show ~10 or so for Sophs/JR’s. And you must know them pretty well to say hardly any are participating in sports.

My sense is you’re only referring to the publicized YV QB this past year.

@58- You say there aren’t choices, then I give you two.

It’s not up to me, despite your contention, on who makes public school rules. You can get your knickers all in a twitter here on NCP but your beef is with them. Suggestion- go to Law School, or hire an attorney and petition CIF or whomever your gripe is with. That’s how a Nation of Laws governs itself.

“Ignoring HS FB,as you are” means my next comments were not going to be related to...HS FB. Is this confusing you? I don’t suppose you noticed the missing comma and thus changed the context of my sentence. But that’s Wheeler Hall English. LOL.

I’m curious, how do you know dela only has one? Their previous published data always show ~10 or so for Sophs/JR’s. And you must know them pretty well to say hardly any are participating in sports.

My sense is you’re only referring to the publicized YV QB this past year.
You’re right it was that QB although I think he was from NG. I don’t know of the others. But I was told he transferred because he wants too further his education in France next year and they don’t offer French at NG. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but I do know he didn’t play much. I haven’t heard of them having other transfers. But I believe it was you that argued with someone a while back saying it just doesn’t happen there. I know it happens freely in the south.

You’re right it was that QB although I think he was from NG. I don’t know of the others. But I was told he transferred because he wants too further his education in France next year and they don’t offer French at NG. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but I do know he didn’t play much. I haven’t heard of them having other transfers. But I believe it was you that argued with someone a while back saying it just doesn’t happen there. I know it happens freely in the south.
Guys...that was the kid from North Gate..NOW Kckingtee18 is right abound boundaries. For all transfers...What we have here is a bad case of "No one tells me what to do"...The rules of boundaries are very clear....Now maybe the parents need to home school their child...but wait,,,,That means he can't play football....So what we need is boundaries for DLS, Central Catholic . about seven miles in all directions and change the boundaries of Folsom and put a stop to open enrowment….This whole thing has gotten out of hand because nobody wants to be told what to do or be held back because they don'tike rules.

Guys...that was the kid from North Gate..NOW Kckingtee18 is right abound boundaries. For all transfers...What we have here is a bad case of "No one tells me what to do"...The rules of boundaries are very clear....Now maybe the parents need to home school their child...but wait,,,,That means he can't play football....So what we need is boundaries for DLS, Central Catholic . about seven miles in all directions and change the boundaries of Folsom and put a stop to open enrowment….This whole thing has gotten out of hand because nobody wants to be told what to do or be held back because they don'tike rules.

Why do we need boundaries?

Good call. He was from NG... I think. That aside, deLa got a couple of veer back transfers as sophs during the 08-11 EBAL span. They both tallied huge numbers once on V.

Their best player was also a transfer from Sacto. He may not have transferred in this year, but made a significant impact there the past 3 years. It’s not just a SoCal thing.

Boundaries don’t work look at the southern boarder.
GUYS...Boundaries and rules work if they are enforced..Our little johnnies who are not happy where they might be, might be the cause created by them selves. They don't have friends or can't make friends and can't get along with any body. We are talking about a very small group that needs to get their head screwed on straight so they can fit in with the population and move forward.

GUYS...Boundaries and rules work if they are enforced..Our little johnnies who are not happy where they might be, might be the cause created by them selves. They don't have friends or can't make friends and can't get along with any body. We are talking about a very small group that needs to get their head screwed on straight so they can fit in with the population and move forward.

Still waiting for your answer on why we need rule restricting choice

What? So wanting to transfer now means you’re anti social with a attitude problem?

To shape a proper response, as it may require some very basic information, do you know why boundaries are drawn for schools? FYI, a boundary defines the school a student attends based on where they live.

To shape a proper response, as it may require some very basic information, do you know why boundaries are drawn for schools? FYI, a boundary defines the school a student attends based on where they live.

And you still failed at answering the question.
Why do we need boundaries? What is the reason for restricting choice?

Boundaries? Boundaries? We're the WCAL and we ain't got no stinking boundaries. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

ARRAR....There is no choice, where you live is where you go to school, you work to fit in..This isn't college, its high school, its the first step into the future...If there was a choice, we would have musical chairs, sports wise, we would have teams that would be loaded, its called balance....Every year, high schools go thru periods where they field sold teams and then they take a stepdown....The CHOICE, sets up teams to be power houses, and, we don't need that. All school boundaries go thru periods of great teams which is the way it is suppose to be....Like it or not, the system as is works with out having people bonce around to one school after another trying to find their Mojo..

ARRAR....There is no choice, where you live is where you go to school, you work to fit in..This isn't college, its high school, its the first step into the future...If there was a choice, we would have musical chairs, sports wise, we would have teams that would be loaded, its called balance....Every year, high schools go thru periods where they field sold teams and then they take a stepdown....The CHOICE, sets up teams to be power houses, and, we don't need that. All school boundaries go thru periods of great teams which is the way it is suppose to be....Like it or not, the system as is works with out having people bonce around to one school after another trying to find their Mojo..

Freedom to Choose BAD! Forced Choice Good. Government has no place making family decisions comrade.

Reactions: aztecpadre

You could have saved a lot of words by saying it’s not fair because basically that’s all you said.
You don’t want power house teams because you want to win it’s as simple as that.
Who the hell made you arbitrator of what people need and what they don’t?
Who the hell made you arbitrator of the “way it’s supposed to be”
Nobody is stopping you from doing what you think is best for you so why would you support that against others?
I find it incredibly hypocritical that you and others say it’s about bonding with your friends in the community but actually it’s about what you rail against.....winning

Reactions: Truthhertz
Ara has been here as long as I have. These topics come around just like Groundhog Day. He knows there are boundaries because publics must inform staff in Spring whether their job is there (or not) for Fall. The annual pink slip exercise. Based on projections/stats, that’s how the budget gets passed, teachers hired, yada, yada. Free flow of students could not be estimated. And Districts have rules regarding credentialing (privates have no requirement) and getting the appropriate credentialed teacher in math/science/etc. is near impossible on short notice. I think the general public is educated in this subject. It’s also why privates have solid ceiling numbers.

Don’t like intrusions by THE MAN? Here’s an idea. Pull up next to your local deputy. Unclip that lap/ shoulder thing, show the freed buckle shining in your hand and shout, “This lifesaving device is a hindrance to my freedom of choice. And you darn well can’t make me wear it. So I’ll be on my way WITHOUT using it! Whatcha gonna do Mr/Ms overreaching choice snatcher?”

Then let us know how that works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT