ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty 35 vs 10 Vacaville FINAL

Vacaville defense starting to break down another TD by Liberty 14-3 2:22 remaining in the first half

40 yrd Interception by Liberty returned for a TD 21-3 Liberty 1:03 remaining in the first half

Vacaville with a 80yrd Passing TD PAT good Liberty 21 Vaca 10 10:44 remaining in the 3rd qtr

Liberty scores another TD Vacaville has no answer for Liberty Passing game 28-10 Liberty with 4:48 remaining in the 3rd qtr

Dan how is the young qb for liberty? Is he the real deal?

He looks pretty good really tall, I thought he was a senior but I guess he just looks like a senior out there. Liberty could easily have two more TDS if not for all the drops the WRs have had like literally off the tip of their fingers on would have been easy TDs

Someone posted on another thread Vaca not likw they wer 5-10 years ago...hopefully thwy can rebound props to Liberty for doin what they had to do to win

Definitely did not look good last night, the running game was almost nonexistent their only TD came on an 80yrd pass their longest run must have been no more that 30-35yrds.

I have never understood why Coach Pop keeps trying to run up the middle against opponents when it’s not working, the best success in recent years that I’ve seen Vaca have is when the run on the outsides, just never understand why Coach doesn’t go to the outside run more often, I know to be able to have success running the outside you have to run up the middle too but if that just doesn’t work ALL GAME LONG why keep doing it??? Why not use what has always given the best results in doing different motions at the scrimmage line then running different plays on the outsides. I know he will never go to a more Passing balanced offense but at least try a lot of different running plays not just that run up the middle that rarely works.

Definitely did not look good last night, the running game was almost nonexistent their only TD came on an 80yrd pass their longest run must have been no more that 30-35yrds.

I have never understood why Coach Pop keeps trying to run up the middle against opponents when it’s not working, the best success in recent years that I’ve seen Vaca have is when the run on the outsides, just never understand why Coach doesn’t go to the outside run more often, I know to be able to have success running the outside you have to run up the middle too but if that just doesn’t work ALL GAME LONG why keep doing it??? Why not use what has always given the best results in doing different motions at the scrimmage line then running different plays on the outsides. I know he will never go to a more Passing balanced offense but at least try a lot of different running plays not just that run up the middle that rarely works.

Dan...you really drive the true Vacaville fans nuts with your insights.

I'm watching the film right now and analyzing tendencies and we actually did NOT run inside all game long. In fact we ran outside the tackles or passed 72% of the time to be exact. While you think Vacaville ran inside "ALL GAME LONG" in actuality we ran inside 28% of the time.

Your insight is lacking because to anybody that understands football it was clearly apparent that the reason Vacaville struggled offensively was because Liberty was superior on the defensive side of the ball. I'm guessing the 9 defensive starters they had returning might have had something to do with it. Several of those athletes are next level football players. Vacaville was missing their best OL/DL last night which meant we had 3 players returning on offense with significant play time last year.

Coach Pop schedules these teams in the preseason to prep our kids for the post season. We will get better from week to week.

Dan...you really drive the true Vacaville fans nuts with your insights.

I'm watching the film right now and analyzing tendencies and we actually did NOT run inside all game long. In fact we ran outside the tackles or passed 72% of the time to be exact. While you think Vacaville ran inside "ALL GAME LONG" in actuality we ran inside 28% of the time.

Your insight is lacking because to anybody that understands football it was clearly apparent that the reason Vacaville struggled offensively was because Liberty was superior on the defensive side of the ball. I'm guessing the 9 defensive starters they had returning might have had something to do with it. Several of those athletes are next level football players. Vacaville was missing their best OL/DL last night which meant we had 3 players returning on offense with significant play time last year.

Coach Pop schedules these teams in the preseason to prep our kids for the post season. We will get better from week to week.

For a reason it seemed to me like that but maybe it was because the Bulldogs were getting stopped at the line so often. But now it makes sense why Vacaville OL wasn’t opening up lanes or protecting the QB if they were missing their best OL/DL but still needs improvement but hopefully like u said it gets better it usually always does. That’s why I don’t blame the players at all I’m more frustrated with how sometimes it just looks like they get stopped around the middle of the field, like for example a few years back in the Del Oro game I’ve must of seen that run up the middle so many times even tho they were not getting anything there. I don’t blame the kids they’re just kids I just blame the system that year in and year out most of the time can’t compete against the teams in the top unless there’s like a really talented group of kids like in 2011. As a fan sometimes it’s just frustrating.

Reactions: slick58
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT