ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty v Monte Vista

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
Game lived up to my expectations. I saw a vulnerable Liberty team squeak out a good win over a very good Monte Vista team. I feel for the sophomore kicker for Monte Vista who missed the game tying field goal that would have sent it into overtime. That is back to back games where Liberty was bailed out by botched field goals.

Now it looks like the BVAL winner will have the upper hand in seeding for NCS playoffs because I think Monte Vista wins the EBAL. The Liberty and Pittsburg game has the makings of a huge night. Hopefully Liberty gets organized. They’ve looked a little arrogant and disorganized compared to last year. Monte Vista looks crisp and precise and resembled the Bergman Mustangs for the first time in a long time.

Props to Liberty for displaying a good home environment at Heritage. Hopefully their stadium is ready by the time they host Pittsburg. Now Pittsburg has a daunting task with Wilcox, while Monte Vista takes on a Bishop O’Dowd team that Pittsburg rolled through on Friday. I think the Cardinal Newman game can be a trap game for Liberty after three straight nail biters. Congrats to Heritage for getting their first win of the year With an upset over Amador Valley. Meanwhile, Deer Valley, Antioch and Freedom are now 0-4!

Last edited:
Paloma you always have really good insight on the BVAL. How does Freedom, Antioch, DV being 0-4 impact seeding for D1 playoffs. Seems like both would need to either knock off Liberty and Pitt just to qualify correct? What do you see the seeding for NCS looking like at the near midpoint of the season?

Game lived up to my expectations. I saw a vulnerable Liberty team squeak out a good win over a very good Monte Vista team. I feel for the sophomore kicker for Monte Vista who missed the game tying field goal that would have sent it into overtime. That is back to back games where Liberty was bailed out by botched field goals.

Now it looks like the BVAL winner will have the upper hand in seeding for NCS playoffs because I think Monte Vista wins the EBAL. The Liberty and Pittsburg game has the makings of a huge night. Hopefully Liberty gets organized. They’ve looked a little arrogant and disorganized compared to last year. Monte Vista looks crisp and precise and resembled the Bergman Mustangs for the first time in a long time.

Props to Liberty for displaying a good home environment at Heritage. Hopefully their stadium is ready by the time they host Pittsburg. Now Pittsburg has a daunting task with Wilcox, while Monte Vista takes on a Bishop O’Dowd team that Pittsburg rolled through on Friday. I think the Cardinal Newman game can be a trap game for Liberty after three straight nail biters. Congrats to Heritage for getting their first win of the year With an upset over Amador Valley. Meanwhile, Deer Valley, Antioch and Freedom are now 0-4![/QU

Props to Liberty for displaying a good home environment at Heritage. Hopefully their stadium is ready by the time they host Pittsburg. Now Pittsburg has a daunting task with Wilcox, while Monte Vista takes on a Bishop O’Dowd team that Pittsburg rolled through on Friday. I think the Cardinal Newman game can be a trap game for Liberty after three straight nail biters. Congrats to Heritage for getting their first win of the year With an upset over Amador Valley. Meanwhile, Deer Valley, Antioch and Freedom are now 0-4!
Was at the Pitt-O’dowd game. Pitt needed a few series to get into it before pulling away. Spotted ODowd a ten spot before getting it together.The defensive line is definitely below the standard of the last couple of years.Rebuilding year at Pitt for sure, but still a dangerous and athletic team.Looking forward to the Pitt-Liberty game

Reactions: Paloma
Now it looks like the BVAL winner will have the upper hand in seeding for NCS playoffs because I think Monte Vista wins the EBAL.

I know what you are saying, but some people reading this don't know that DLS is in the EBAL Mountain Division, and that there is no NCS Open division this year. You are saying the upper hand in securing the #2 or #3 seeds, rather than the top seed. DLS will have the upper hand and top seed in the NCS D1 playoffs, as usual. 2nd place in the EBAL Mountain will likely be either MV or CVC, both of who Liberty has squeaked by the past 2 weeks.

Should Liberty win the BVAL again this year, and MV and CVC take 2nd and 3rd in the EBAL Mountain as most expect, then they'd be a lock for the #2 seed. If Pitt beats out Liberty, then the Liberty wins over MV & CVC would likely transfer over to Pitt for seeding purposes. Should Pitt lose by more than a score to Liberty, and if MV beats CVC who is D2, then MV would have a good argument for the #3 seed behind DLS & Liberty. If Pitt loses by a missed late FG to Liberty, all bets are off.

Liberty and Pitt may be the only 2 BVAL teams to make the playoffs this year. Although 3-2 in BVAL play would technically qualify them, I believe the field is just 8 teams this year. Off hand, DLS, Pitt, Liberty, MV, Cal, Logan, and SRV are 7 solid teams that will likely have winning records. A losing overall record, with a 3-2 record in a down BVAL this year is not likely to make the field of 8 even if they qualify. Amador Valley is a team from the EBAL Valley division that will also have a winning record and may make the field especially if they win that B division, although their loss to Heritage this weekend could hamper their seeding. Berkeley also may qualify and have a winning overall record. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
I know what you are saying, but some people reading this don't know that DLS is in the EBAL Mountain Division, and that there is no NCS Open division this year. You are saying the upper hand in securing the #2 or #3 seeds, rather than the top seed. DLS will have the upper hand and top seed in the NCS D1 playoffs, as usual. 2nd place in the EBAL Mountain will likely be either MV or CVC, both of who Liberty has squeaked by the past 2 weeks.

Should Liberty win the BVAL again this year, and MV and CVC take 2nd and 3rd in the EBAL Mountain as most expect, then they'd be a lock for the #2 seed. If Pitt beats out Liberty, then the Liberty wins over MV & CVC would likely transfer over to Pitt for seeding purposes. Should Pitt lose by more than a score to Liberty, and if MV beats CVC who is D2, then MV would have a good argument for the #3 seed behind DLS & Liberty. If Pitt loses by a missed late FG to Liberty, all bets are off.

Liberty and Pitt may be the only 2 BVAL teams to make the playoffs this year. Although 3-2 in BVAL play would technically qualify them, I believe the field is just 8 teams this year. Off hand, DLS, Pitt, Liberty, MV, Cal, Logan, and SRV are 7 solid teams that will likely have winning records. A losing overall record, with a 3-2 record in a down BVAL this year is not likely to make the field of 8 even if they qualify. Amador Valley is a team from the EBAL Valley division that will also have a winning record and may make the field especially if they win that B division, although their loss to Heritage this weekend could hamper their seeding. Berkeley also may qualify and have a winning overall record. Should be interesting.
Yes, I forgot that was the case. Thanks for the correction

Paloma you always have really good insight on the BVAL. How does Freedom, Antioch, DV being 0-4 impact seeding for D1 playoffs. Seems like both would need to either knock off Liberty and Pitt just to qualify correct? What do you see the seeding for NCS looking like at the near midpoint of the season?
It is going to be interesting how this shakes down. Heritage plays Cal this week so they’d need to pull off another upset to have a shot. I don’t see that happening but you never know. Considering the others are 0-4, and since Deer Valley may very well go 0-10, I don’t see how Antioch, or Freedom make the playoffs. Even if they win next week they have to both beat Liberty or Pittsburg to get to 500. So the odds are very slim.

I wonder if Hubbard survives this season at Deer Valley. Which means a program with a ton of potential would open up. Matt Hoefs the old Dublin coach may be all over that since he works for the school district now.

Reactions: observer22
Liberty not the same team as last season however that transfer from heritage appeared to be back that will help. they are nail biters should they have lost the last 2 games? no they should of beat CV by 2-3 scores and MV by 10 but they are not . turnovers and penalties are part of the game they need to correct it or CN will sneak up and knock them out this week. should be another entertaining game.

also i see that the other RB ( Bell ) suited up and Muth on sidelines looks to be fine they need them back soon any word on them returning this week?

I see Maxpreps has the D1 playoffs like this 4 weeks in. Still lots of ball left to be played, but antioch and Freedom have major work to do in BVAL play to enter the conversation. Berkeley high and Amador fighting for that dreaded trip to Owen Owens first round.

DLS
Liberty
Monte Vista
Pitt
Cal
SRV
Logan
Amador

It is going to be interesting how this shakes down. Heritage plays Cal this week so they’d need to pull off another upset to have a shot. I don’t see that happening but you never know. Considering the others are 0-4, and since Deer Valley may very well go 0-10, I don’t see how Antioch, or Freedom make the playoffs. Even if they win next week they have to both beat Liberty or Pittsburg to get to 500. So the odds are very slim.

I wonder if Hubbard survives this season at Deer Valley. Which means a program with a ton of potential would open up. Matt Hoefs the old Dublin coach may be all over that since he works for the school district now.
What’s happened at Deer Valley? The athletes are there, and they used to be pretty good, especially when the Webster twins were there. Why can’t they get it together? Good facilities......

heard there was a big fight at DV the last game? this true? heard 20 kids on team and dropping brutal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT