ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Vs McClymonds

Jun 25, 2018
this game probably gone be the game of the year. Liberty highly favorite in this match up but they haven’t played anybody this season Vacaville and Gilroy 2 Teams that run a wing-T offense

Upset Alert
Mack- 24
Liberty- 21

yes liberty has played 2 wing teams however defensively faster than last season and offensively pretty well balanced. mack is big and athletic BUT liberty plays in the BVAL say no more. Liberty i guess hopefully will give MACK a game coach. no upset sorry

liberty will win by at least 3 scores
this is not the liberty of a few years ago...a lot of kids have transferred in

the best QB in Northern CA and 4-5 legit D1 players on the team, plus they are well coached.

I'll say Liberty 35-14

Reactions: NorCalmum
this game probably gone be the game of the year. Liberty highly favorite in this match up but they haven’t played anybody this season Vacaville and Gilroy 2 Teams that run a wing-T offense

Upset Alert
Mack- 24
Liberty- 21

Game of the year where?

I say Mack is going to make a statement. As good as they are, they are one if the most disrespected / underappreciated programs in the state.

Mack is good and they are underappreciated because they get forgotten being in the OAL. However, I think they are stepping up a few classes with Liberty. And good for them to do that.

If Mack wins, it would be a pretty big upset for me

Mack is good and they are underappreciated because they get forgotten being in the OAL. However, I think they are stepping up a few classes with Liberty. And good for them to do that.

If Mack wins, it would be a pretty big upset for me

If Mack wins how far do they climb up in the rankings?

Obviously it's a different day and age but let's not Forget Mack has taken on some goliaths in the past and upset them. Amongst them, Pittsburg.

Reactions: CoachBusco
I'm looking forward to an exciting game. Let's not forget that Liberty is BVAL D1 riding win streak (since way before winning their division last season) that is going strong heading into this one. I have yet to see anyone pose a serious threat to the mighty Lions. If McClymonds can score more than twice and pull off a tremendous upset, I will be seriously surprised.

Obviously it's a different day and age but let's not Forget Mack has taken on some goliaths in the past and upset them. Amongst them, Pittsburg.
Wasn't that eight years ago? You're right, it's a different day and age.

I'm looking forward to an exciting game. Let's not forget that Liberty is BVAL D1 riding win streak (since way before winning their division last season) that is going strong heading into this one. I have yet to see anyone pose a serious threat to the mighty Lions. If McClymonds can score more than twice and pull off a tremendous upset, I will be seriously surprised.

Liberty won NCS D1 last season, but that is not what it once was. They didn’t even win their league, and did not qualify for the Open division, which should be a goal of all D1 teams, not to hide from the other top teams by sliding into a toothless D1 field. That being said, a win vs Mack and a strong remainder of the season could propel them into the Open division this year. The goals should be what Pitt accomplished last season, 1) win BVAL, 2) make Open division, 3) make the Open finals and qualify for a state bowl (championship?) game. And then if they can put it all together and 4) slay the Green Machine in the finals, 5) win a state Open or bowl title.

They have their sights set much higher than NCS D1 this season. A loss to Mack could hurt those aspirations.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Liberty won NCS D1 last season, but that is not what it once was. They didn’t even win their league, and did not qualify for the Open division, which should be a goal of all D1 teams, not to hide from the other top teams by sliding into a toothless D1 field. That being said, a win vs Mack and a strong remainder of the season could propel them into the Open division this year. The goals should be what Pitt accomplished last season, 1) win BVAL, 2) make Open division, 3) make the Open finals and qualify for a state bowl (championship?) game. And then if they can put it all together and 4) slay the Green Machine in the finals, 5) win a state Open or bowl title.

They have their sights set much higher than NCS D1 this season. A loss to Mack could hurt those aspirations.

Whoa.....!!!
O-b22 that's quite a list to which I might add 6) find the lost city of Gold.......
This is dedicated to you and setting that bar just a little higheeeerrrr....

Reactions: observer22

I think Mack has to push into the top 10-12 if they win depending on other results

different liberty team. faster team than last season, many returners and lets not forget BVAL still best league around period. they are battle tested, last 2 games consider them practice they understand who they playing how good and athletic MACK is but does mack understand and realize Liberty is for real? we will find out few hours. MACk lacks depth can the 1"s give max effort on both sides for 4 qtrs? liberty is 2-3 deep at main positions gonna be interesting.
lions 42-13

Liberty is definitely the favorite by a few scores or more. Last week Mack struggled vs a young Marin team that looks to be potentially rebuilding. The score was 14-0 in the 4th quarter and Marin was struggling on offense. The final was 26-0, but one score was a fumble & score by Mack on D. Mack QB was intercepted a few times. Mack however looked very talented and athletic overall, as good as any with their front 7 on D. Mack will need help to pull off the upset.

different liberty team. faster team than last season, many returners and lets not forget BVAL still best league around period. they are battle tested, last 2 games consider them practice they understand who they playing how good and athletic MACK is but does mack understand and realize Liberty is for real? we will find out few hours. MACk lacks depth can the 1"s give max effort on both sides for 4 qtrs? liberty is 2-3 deep at main positions gonna be interesting.
lions 42-13
Damn that was an excellent guess. 42-14, Liberty won. Refs gave Mack a crap ton of chances to get something going with all the penalties called against Liberty.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
that MACK defense is physical , that running back they have is a load. although liberty won by a big number, if that school had the number of students as a liberty or any BVAL type school they would be scary good. they just run out of gas but man hats off to them watching from above they get 11 hats to the ball.

Liberty sounds like the real deal. Cardinal Newman will give them there best pre-season game in a few weeks. Both teams should be 4-0 going into that contest. Can't wait.

Reactions: NorCalmum
Liberty sounds like the real deal. Cardinal Newman will give them there best pre-season game in a few weeks. Both teams should be 4-0 going into that contest. Can't wait.

Depth will be a factor. Maybe close through half or early 3rd? But Liberty will wear them down in the end.

Depth will be a factor. Maybe close through half or early 3rd? But Liberty will wear them down in the end.

Agreed. They will play them tough and will need some breaks to go there way to keep it close going into the 4th. But I think they give them a good game and its good tune up for the NBL. Looks like Rancho and Newman are on a course again.

Reactions: slick58
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT