ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman on Friday

You sound like guy who's walking around with a big juicy roast ham under his arm crying," POOR ME, I DON'T HAVE ANY BREAD, I DON'T HAVE ANY BREAD!!

Here's wishing you great football.

Prior apologies.....
Not sure what relevance my post has to this thread but hey it's been a long week and I have almost zero focus right now.
But your quote, perhaps the defintion of a pessimist stirred up some ancient memory/definition of an optimist :

Asked how he liked the schitt sandwich he was forced to eat, the victim responded by saying "The bread's not bad"

Quite the contrary. You only exist (the transfer teams) because you were getting smoked by DLS every year and you got sick of it. Nothing more, nothing less. Can you imagine what our teams would look like with 5 kids from Folsom, 5 from DLS, and 5 from Pitt? Same thing as you have.

Look I know you just created this troll name the other day. You have likely been here for a while using another name. I know the SoCal site sucks, so you guys come on here to peddle your garbage. But at least come here with factual information so you don't look so stupid next time.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highs...sp-high-schools-transfers-20180111-story.html

From the article- "Santa Ana Mater Dei is front and center in the movement of athletes. The school has become the IMG Academy of the West Coast. The Monarchs might as well start academies for football, basketball and other sports for all the transfers. When 2017 ended, the Monarchs had 54 students listed on the Southern Section website as having transferred to the school for the 2017-18 sports seasons."

You cannot transfer school in NorCal for athletically motivated reasons.You can in SoCal. If you aren't happy with the coach or your playing time in SoCal- transfer! You have ENTIRE teams full of this years transfers or past transfers. It is rare for a NorCal school to even have a true transfer on the team. Heck, even the NorCal private schools generally don't get transfers. At publics, it is even more rare due to the rules and district boundaries.

Maybe some day we can level the playing field and have an honest conversation. Not one out of spite because you guys were sick of getting your ass kicked. Or, MAYBE change your AWFUL playoff format and start sending some of your better teams to bowl games to face us, rather than send most of them home and cry about it!

DLS lost 2 of the first 3 SBG to So Cal public schools so as usual your post is irrelevant.Norcal should worry about stopping DLS before the streak reaches an even more embarrassing 300 games instead of what SoCal is doing

the DLS model was pretty simple:
We are a private high school; come to our school and program in your freshman year, but pretty much we won't take transfers.

What does “pretty much we won’t take transfers” mean? They may not get a lot of transfers because a lot of kids from all over go there before their freshman year. But there are some high profile transfers that have come to DLS after their freshman years (Montana, McKenzie, To’Oto’O, to just name few). There is even a section on the De La Salle website that pertains to transfer student eligibility for athletics.

https://www.dlshs.org/athletics/transfer-student-eligibility

You cannot transfer school in NorCal for athletically motivated reasons.You can in SoCal.

Again the rules are the same for both North and south. Everybody plays under CIF rules. Now if you can provide a link to the two different set of rules one for North and one for south you may have a legit gripe. But there isn't one. And for the record I live in NorCal, I just get sick of the Pissing and moaning by everybody not named DLS. There is a reason Socal only respects one team up North and it's because the shut up, show up and play. And win or lose they don't cry, and start with the they have this and they have that. CIF rules apply to everybody.

Watching a replay of the game. Gorman looks legit but MD has another level of horses. MD looked better last season IMO but this years team is still no joke.

DLS lost 2 of the first 3 SBG to So Cal public schools
That's funny because DLSs dominance over SoCal started decades before SBGs even came into play.

Good try on the slant though. Take the L along with some more transfers!

Again the rules are the same for both North and south.
Apparently you failed to read the link and article I posted. It outlines it. A quick Google search also does wonders. No one is posting it here for you to troll.

We don't do the transfer train thing here. Period.

Apparently you failed to read the link and article I posted. It outlines it. A quick Google search also does wonders. No one is posting it here for you to troll.

We don't do the transfer train thing here. Period.
As long as you live with gr ma or aunt betty you have established residence...So it's legal....but the family, Dad, still lives in another state....but it's legal...so no complaint here...just a way to bend the rules and the spirit of them....been going on forever...

That's funny because DLSs dominance over SoCal started decades before SBGs even came into play.

Good try on the slant though. Take the L along with some more transfers!

As usual when your original argument is slapped silly you change the subject.What happened to DLS won 4 straight SBG to cause transfers?

Folsom by 17

Losing

Taking a reporters opinion piece as fact is foolish. Again every school in California plays under CIF rules. These rules are the same for both North and South. And the first thing all NorCal poster here do is cry anytime their team gets beat by DLS, another private, or Socal. They cry
about some mythical rule or advantage the winner holds over them that they don't have. It truly is pathetic.

[QUOTE="cashisking18, post: 205536, member: 8112]"You cannot transfer school in NorCal for athletically motivated reasons.You can in SoCal. If you aren't happy with the coach or your playing time in SoCal- transfer! You have ENTIRE teams full of this years transfers or past transfers. It is rare for a NorCal school to even have a true transfer on the team. Heck, even the NorCal private schools generally don't get transfers. At publics, it is even more rare due to the rules and district boundaries.![/QUOTE]

The NorCal rules are just silly. Don't the coaches just get the kids prior to their freshman year? So, technically there is no transfer at play or the transfer happens before high school. And the rules for determining "athletic motivation" by necessity have to be grey. So, you end up with a kid sitting out games because one program alleges athletic motivation - bet you can find some example of that right now.

Taking a reporters opinion piece as fact is foolish. Again every school in California plays under CIF rules. These rules are the same for both North and South. And the first thing all NorCal poster here do is cry anytime their team gets beat by DLS, another private, or Socal. They cry
about some mythical rule or advantage the winner holds over them that they don't have. It truly is pathetic.

You would think so cal teams win all of the bowls all time if you listened to that poster. Competitors love to go against the best teams, and i would bet that most players dont share the "it's not fair/different rules" opinion.

Reactions: ararar
The NorCal rules are just silly. Don't the coaches just get the kids prior to their freshman year? So, technically there is no transfer at play or the transfer happens before high school. And the rules for determining "athletic motivation" by necessity have to be grey. So, you end up with a kid sitting out games because one program alleges athletic motivation - bet you can find some example of that right now.
Some good questions here. In an attempt to squash a few handful of trolls who seem to respond only to certain posters and subjects, I will put out more factual information. Did I mention the ignore button is GLORIOUS? You can see someone has posted, but you can't see who and what they typed. Amazing!

1. The CIF did change the rules starting 2017-2018 in regards to athletically motivated transfers.

What does this mean? Well, it means you can transfer to your school of choice, pending a few things. You can actually move within district boundaries and be eligible immediately (public). The move can be athletically motivated. Meaning, your family can move into a certain schools area in order to play sports. Cool huh? This is fairly cut and dry for public schools. In CA, this is probably the least consequential type of transfer out of the two.

Private schools make it a bit easier to move around IMO. Private schools have NO ATTENDANCE area. Essentially, that means you can leave a school like Mater Dei because you are mad about playing time, and attend OLU the next season with no sit out period. The only caveat is that you HAVE to have an official change of residence. Meaning, you live in a certain public school attendance area (doesn't matter if you attend) and move to another public school attendance area. A good example of this would be a player at DLS (Private School), who wanted to transfer to Jesuit (Private school) on the basis of playing football. If the player had a valid change of residence from one public school attendance zone, to another (doesn't matter which one), the player could be eligible as a transfer to Jesuit, without a sit out period. Your "move" could be 5 miles away, putting you in another public school attendance zone, therefore making you eligible to make your move to your private school of choice (even if 2 hours away or even more).

Public schools transfers MUST have an official residence change and MUST reside within that school or district boundary for the player to be eligible with no sit out period (6 to 12 months, depending on circumstances, if no residence change is noted).

In my opinion, private school transfers are much easier because you don't have to reside in any certain boundary in order to transfer. You can attend ANY private school as a transfer student as long as you have an official change of residence out of one public school zone and into another (even if not planning to attend those public schools).

The difference between NorCal and SoCal schools in terms of the rules= None.

So why the major difference? Why are certain schools in SoCal LOADED with transfer students, while this is considered a rare practice in NorCal?

My answer is that it is NO COINCIDENCE that Mater Dei won a national title, the FIRST YEAR this rule went into affect. Essentially, SoCal schools are taking advantage of the flood gates opening. SoCal has nearly twice the student population that NorCal does. There is MUCH more turbulence in school turnover, mostly due to competition. Everyone is running around looking for "their shot" and "place to play." They are all chasing the same thing and will pursue it at ANY cost. I am sure you have all heard the stories. AAU, club programs, and camps have a ton to do with this.

Now, does this mean that NorCal doesn't do this? No. They do. But we have def been slow out of the gate! lol

IMHO- North and south are different. The south is a rat race with many kids competing for limited spots. This creates a ripe environment for the things you are seeing down there. The north has a wide variety of schools, ranging from urban, suburban, to completely rural. We have some schools that are similar to the big south schools, but we also have extremely rural schools, where fielding a team is tough some years. North schools tend to be more spread out than south schools, sometimes making transfers more challenging. Most public districts in the north do not have open enrollment anymore, or if they do, it is limited, making it tough to even transfer schools within a school district.

Another obvious answer is fairly simple- Culture. You can see it right on the board. In SoCal, transfers are celebrated and encouraged. In NorCal, transfers are generally frowned upon. Why? I am not sure, you would have to ask everyone on this board. In my personal opinion, I have no problem with limited transfers here and there. No issue at all. But I think what is happening down south, takes away from the overall HSFB experience and enjoyment for many, for the benefit of a few. Does it make a few teams really fun to watch? Sure it does! But does it hurt competition, tradition, brotherhood, sportsmanship, etc.....? Sure does!

Now- without the ability to accept half a team as transfers, would SoCal schools (open div primarily) be dominating NorCal schools? Absolutely not. Historically, they were not dominant. But, it is no coincidence that the first year of this rule produced the result that it did last year. I think this will continue for a while and then things will adjust, as they always do. That is why I am glad they have SBGs at pretty much all levels. Not everyone wants to see schools full of transfers playing against each other. I am sure some do, but it's not for me.

The long answer for- is the playing field level: Yes, it is. But the differences between North and South remain and they shall remain for a very long time. It is up to all of us to decide what is right, what is wrong, and what is best for YOUR kids. The troll answer of "we have the same rules as you!" is uneducated and ingenious IMO.

My advice- put the trolls on ignore. It makes life so much more glorious!

Cheers to a great year fellas!

I wonder how many DLS parents have to drive 125 miles from home to see their sons play on Friday night
DLSs best player- To'oto'o
Sacramento to Concord- 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on route.

Not that it matters.

Essentially, that means you can leave a school like Mater Dei because you are mad about playing time, and attend OLU the next season with no sit out period.

The distance between these schools is only about 12 miles and can throw Servite into that equation as well. In terms of this mythical advantage between public and private you state public must move into a district private just move? So what about districts like here in Bay Area for example lamorinda with no boundaries how does that work? Either way a change in residence is required I'm not sure how that makes it easier just because your kid chooses private school. Moving is a burden period, you will see when you leave mom's basement.

In terms of the supposed NorCal dominance in State bowl games until last year after rule change? Better check your facts there. Socal when I last checked had around 40 titles while NorCal was around 30. Now I'm sure you will spin it and try and say you are only talking about the open as if that's the only state champion. And I might agree with you there, but what does that do to, Folsom championships then? Because none of them were in the open bracket. And more recently didnt SJB field a team that put it on DLS that everybody in NorCal claimed was transfer built and this was pre new rule. The only constant here is anytime NorCal gets beat it's because somebodys cheating, or they have a advantage, etc.....

In terms of this mythical advantage between public and private you state public must move into a district private just move?
Go re read what I said. It's spelled out there and the CIF hand book.

It states that even transferring from private to private, in order to NOT SIT OUT, the player still has to prove a change of residence from one public school attendance zone to another. Applies even if planning to attend private school. This is an advantage because privates have no boundaries, and as long as the player can prove a change of residence essentially, they have their pick of privates instead of just the public in the zone they moved to.

I would expect you guys to know the rules in depth before trolling. Nobody cares about the rest of your post. NorCal more than holds it own with about half the schools and student population. That is a win.

Did I mention how great the ignore button is!? You can tell someone has posted but cant see who and what it is! A win!

Go re read what I said. It's spelled out there and the CIF hand book.

It states that even transferring from private to private, in order to NOT SIT OUT, the player still has to prove a change of residence from one public school attendance zone to another. Applies even if planning to attend private school. This is an advantage because privates have no boundaries, and as long as the player can prove a change of residence essentially, they have their pick of privates instead of just the public in the zone they moved to.

I would expect you guys to know the rules in depth before trolling. Nobody cares about the rest of your post. NorCal more than holds it own with about half the schools and student population. That is a win.

Might want to look @ sec 206 6 (B) it's makes it pretty clear everybody is treated equal regardless of public, private, or charter. Just saying.

Also that ignore doesn't seem to work that well because you always respond.

What does “pretty much we won’t take transfers” mean? They may not get a lot of transfers because a lot of kids from all over go there before their freshman year. But there are some high profile transfers that have come to DLS after their freshman years (Montana, McKenzie, To’Oto’O, to just name few). There is even a section on the De La Salle website that pertains to transfer student eligibility for athletics.

Yeah and Montana and McKenzie probably the most high profile x-fers the last 20 years left shortly after, finding out Dls is different then the other schools and won’t change there ways or give you special treatment because pops was in the NFL

If it doesn't matter, then why comment on it with LIES. They do not live in Sacramento. They are only about 10 minutes away. Stop calling kids out by name. Tread lightly homie.

The poster can’t help himself from crossing the line. No amount of social correction can fix his malady. Oxygen deprivation (meaning don’t respond to anything he posts) is the only solution.

Last edited:
The poster can’t help himself from crossing the line. No amount of social correction can fix his malady. Oxygen depravtion (meaning don’t respond to anything he posts) is the only solution.
Yeah I know his routine. He is alot more tame here than on the other board. I'm sure the real dbag will come out soon...

Reactions: WWHS44

And others who came in with stealth. Two RBs came from “outside Concord” to deLA for their soph years. As Srs, they were the mentioned “featured” back. This all played out on NCP version 1.0 (Streak runs 1.1) Ironically they were named by a deLa alumnus not long after his undergrad shock therapy as a Vandal. It was an honest mea culpa and simply disproved the claim “we never take FB transfers.” Before the greenies get their knickers all in a ruffle, note mine loved the challenge the machine gave them. Especially going against the homies who defected. Fear none. Respect all.

And others who came in with stealth. Two RBs came from “outside Concord” to deLA for their soph years. As Srs, they were the mentioned “featured” back. This all played out on NCP version 1.0 (Streak runs 1.1) Ironically they were named by a deLa alumnus not long after his undergrad shock therapy as a Vandal. It was an honest mea culpa and simply disproved the claim “we never take FB transfers.” Before the greenies get their knickers all in a ruffle, note mine loved the challenge the machine gave them. Especially going against the homies who defected. Fear none. Respect all.

Yeah, that’s why I said among others. I know a lot of people transfer out of DLS as well, but the transfer movement both in and out of DLS has been much more than any of the publics they draw from (which is a lot). To say “pretty much we won’t take transfers” is not being quite honest. SoCal seems to have taken that model to the next level.

More than the Charter? Or those BVAL teams not named Deer Valley?

Good point, but I wouldn’t consider the Charter to be one of the publics anymore. They were when they tied the Green Machine back in the 90s. It does seem like the BVAL teams have ramped up the transfer process over the last year or 2. I was referring to transfers from a more historical perspective as opposed to this year. I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse at all schools as we move forward. Basketball is well on its way too.

Yeh mine loved the challenge of playing them too. He once told me he wouldn't want to go there even if I could have afforded the price tag.

Reactions: observer22
Yeh mine loved the challenge of playing them too. He once told me he wouldn't want to go there even if I could have afforded the price tag.

Fortunately, those Grizz teams had the horses to compete with the green machine, and it was fun for our boys to face those challenges. They relished those opportunities and almost slayed Goliath on a few occasions. The tide has turned and the last few years the games with DLS have not been competitive and have resulted in 50 pt. blowouts in many cases. I hope the kids still look forward to those challenges, but it’s got to be difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT