ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman on Friday

There's a theory that the reason So Cal produces more big time QB's, WR's and DB's than Nor Cal is because on average the level of play and the passing game is more advanced down south.

I buy this theory. I would add that more and more kids are doing 7 on 7 in Nor Cal so at some point some of that gap will be bridged.

I don't know what the word is on St. Brown coming from Camp Helton but McKinley has not done much at ND going into year three.

Kirk Herbstreit has St. Brown on his short list of impact freshmen going into the season, along with his MD QB JT Daniels -

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-highlight-kirk-herbstre-2018-season-herbies

Best freshmen
Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC
Gregory Rousseau, Miami
Justin Shorter, Penn State
Patrick Surtain II, Alabama
JT Daniels, USC

I don't even know where to start with this response. I will try.

1. Folsom showed they were elite on defense. Anyone holding DLS to 14 points is elite. Grant could stack the box with 11 guys and lose by 50 to DLS.

2. There is no "a balanced DLS attack would beat Folsom by 4 TDs." This is a fantasy. DLS runs no such "balanced offense." They run the veer. And they run it well.

3. Ngata is one of the most impressive players in the REGION. In the SFL, there is nobody that lights a candle. Folsom plays 5 to 6 teams this year better than Grant, before they even play Grant. Ngata is going to Clemson. I doubt Grant as one player with even an offer to San Jose State. So we can end that garbage here, where it belongs.

Lastly- if you want to engage, that is fine. But no more Grant talk. They are a middle to lower pack SFL team at best. Maybe we can get to talking about them in the next few years, but for now, it is a mute point not even worth having a conversation about. We might as well talk about Whitney or Nevada Union if we are going to talk about Grant.

1. If this was grant best team ever like you said this could be for folsom ( any time folsom goes undefeated and wins state and doesn’t play dls you make that claim) in its best years it’s achored by a far more superior defense than folsom would ever have. When folsom played dls with their “ could be best team ever but we had to play dls” they lost by damn near 50

2. Not saying dls is balances but if they would’ve passed the ball maybe let’s say 18 times instead of 11 the probably win by 4 tds cause I’m order for folsom to stop dls from running they had to stuff the box. Last time folsom played grant they did that and grant couldn’t gain a yard but Folsom didn’t have 1 player on their 2014 team that could cover either wr. They could’ve thrown 50 yard bombs all game but hey it’s grant.

3. Impressive he is just that but like I stated before we seen, played and had better athletes I get it folsom isn’t use to having a athlete like him and his brother, but guess who is? Check out the sac bee article and you’ll see we too have an impressive stud.

Lastly, folsom is nor cal great can you not talk about them as if they were nationally relevant. In 10 years of folsoms sjs dominance they purposely haven’t played a nationally ranked team til this year there’s no way Del Oro or granite bay should be playing tougher teams than folsom annually.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Cash,,

I guess its safe to say you dont think highly of my gboys. Honestly there are a lot of people who would agree. Rightfully so. By win/lose standards last year, 4-6 wasnt very attractive, while 16-0 for your squad was outstanding. Only problem, thats last year! Im pretty sure Al has talked a lot of sxxx to his team in the off season, reminding them daily about the growing pains of 2017. The pacers will be motivated this year to prove themselves and i look forward to going back and forth with you. But for now its way too early to be talking about grant vs folsom, at least for me. Ill hook up with you in oct on that topic. For now tho good luck with jesuit tomorrow, as we will be focused on central.

Reactions: awood1
If this was grant best team ever like you said this could be for folsom
I never said that. I said the opposite exactly. Go back and read what I said about this team.

Lastly, folsom is nor cal great can you not talk about them as if they were nationally relevant.
Top 25 nationally is "not nationally relevant?" Interesting. Depending on the poll of ranking they are consistently in the top 50 nationally. Only Folsom and DLS can say this. I would say this is "nationally relevant."

I never said that. I said the opposite exactly. Go back and read what I said about this team.

Top 25 nationally is "not nationally relevant?" Interesting. Depending on the poll of ranking they are consistently in the top 50 nationally. Only Folsom and DLS can say this. I would say this is "nationally relevant."

Eventually one day I’ll pull up the thread unless you deleted it. But maybe you you were only talking about offensively and I’d still disagree

Eventually one day I’ll pull up the thread unless you deleted it. But maybe you you were only talking about offensively and I’d still disagree
I haven't deleted anything. Quote me where I said this was the best team they've ever had. YOU have said that others have stated this. Not one person has. Either stop pushing that narrative or quote who said that.

Kirk Herbstreit has St. Brown on his short list of impact freshmen going into the season, along with his MD QB JT Daniels -

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-highlight-kirk-herbstre-2018-season-herbies

Best freshmen
Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC
Gregory Rousseau, Miami
Justin Shorter, Penn State
Patrick Surtain II, Alabama
JT Daniels, USC

of all the recruits I've seen St Brown stands out. Full on freak of nature. Look at the dad, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....

Folsom is not really relevant nationally because they never played any nationally known team, other than DLS, and we know they are 0-3 in those games.

I would like to see Folsom schedule either MD, SJB, or CCC. Perhaps one of these teams each of the next three years, though I doubt they would want to do so and thus be embarrassed on the field.

New Two of the top five impact freshmen were on Mater Dei's championship team.

Doesn't matter how good you are at Xs and Os if you don't have the right Jimmys and Joes

A hint of truth I suppose. But we see all the time teams with more talent come up short because they were out coached. It happens at every level of the sport.

That is definitely true, but usually the talent is close and coaching makes up for it. The case with Mater Dei last year is their talent was too much for anyone. As evident by two of their graduates expected to have an impact as true freshmen

Reactions: Deltadodger
That is definitely true, but usually the talent is close and coaching makes up for it. The case with Mater Dei last year is their talent was too much for anyone. As evident by two of their graduates expected to have an impact as true freshmen

Most talented team in California history? Or even in the nation

Reactions: concrete17
Its a shame that MD had to bring in 24 transfers this year to build another super team. Rollinson must have gotten tired of losing 4 straight years to DLS 1998 to 2001, so he decided to throw out sportsmanship.

MD, SJB, and BG are giving hs fb a very bad name.

Its a shame that MD had to bring in 24 transfers this year to build another super team. Rollinson must have gotten tired of losing 4 straight years to DLS 1998 to 2001, so he decided to throw out sportsmanship.

Lol you don’t know what you’re talking about.9 total transfers and lost that many to the other Trinity league schools...lol

Califfban. It's not like DLS doesn't get kids from many outer areas enrolling into school. You can't tell me the entire team is made up of only kids from the city of Concord.

You sound like guy who's walking around with a big juicy roast ham under his arm crying," POOR ME, I DON'T HAVE ANY BREAD, I DON'T HAVE ANY BREAD!!

On another note, call me crazy, but after watching the Mater Dei game, I think DLS has a shot in the open. Ball control, defense, timely passing , who knows.

Here's wishing you great football.

Just because a team has transfers doesn't mean they are guaranteed to win. Thats just a very poor excuse in my opinion for getting beat. Coaches still need to get everybody on same page and coach. If getting transfers was the easy answer to winning than Narbonne wouldn't be 0-2 and beat pretty bad in both games. If coaches, teams, etc, spent the time they waste complaining on prepping their teams to be great they wouldn't be worried about transfers because kids would want to be in their programs. Focus on what you can control and have, and not what others have and control.

Last edited:
Reactions: ararar
Marcskit and Ararar: We all know that private schools draw from an area that is not just in the city that theyare located in. M y point is that DLS pretty much has players coming in for their freshmen years and not very often do they have players transfer in after their freshmen years. That is not the case with MD and SJB. We often see players come in after their freshmen or sophomore years, and in a few cases, transfer in for their senior year. That is BS!

And by the way, many So Cal posters and websites back up the claim of MD having 20+ transfers on this years team. To me that takes away from what MD accomplishes and tarnishes Rollinsons reputation (well, he was always behind Ladoceur anyway).

Marcskit and Ararar: We all know that private schools draw from an area that is not just in the city that theyare located in. M y point is that DLS pretty much has players coming in for their freshmen years and not very often do they have players transfer in after their freshmen years. That is not the case with MD and SJB. We often see players come in after their freshmen or sophomore years, and in a few cases, transfer in for their senior year. That is BS!

And by the way, many So Cal posters and websites back up the claim of MD having 20+ transfers on this years team. To me that takes away from what MD accomplishes and tarnishes Rollinsons reputation (well, he was always behind Ladoceur anyway).

If you count transfers from previous years then yes they do have 20+ but guess what they have lost just as many or more to other schools and nobody wants to acknowledge that.
I fail to see the significance of when a kid transfers.In past years some of these SoCal kids would have wound up at BG but now they are staying in the area

Sorry, but mass transferring of upperclassmen is just wrong. It takes away a lot of the respect we should have for these big So Cal hs fb powers.
How did MD have their transfers eligible to play last night?!? Don’t CIF sit-out rules apply to the Monarchs, too?

Reactions: cashisking18

They are just doing what is allowed by the rules. They took the DLS recruiting model and put it on steroids. It is completely hyporcritical for the DLS fans to complain. There is no accusation of anyone breaking CIF rules.

But if we are honest, it is really hard to see this many transfers and not see most declared 'athletically motivated' with a 5 game sit-out. But that is not on the schools. That is on the Southern Section. I know that the SJS still has many kids with sit out periods.

They are just doing what is allowed by the rules. They took the DLS recruiting model and put it on steroids. It is completely hyporcritical for the DLS fans to complain. There is no accusation of anyone breaking CIF rules.

But if we are honest, it is really hard to see this many transfers and not see most declared 'athletically motivated' with a 5 game sit-out. But that is not on the schools. That is on the Southern Section. I know that the SJS still has many kids with sit out periods.
How do you know what the DLS recruiting model was.? Never heard of DLS going to other high schools to get players to transfer to DLS. That’s vastly different than what the Southern section is allowing. And yes, it’s within the rules.MD, SJB etc already had a “recruiting model” of there own. They didn’t learn that from DLS

feedback1: not so sure MD and SJB "took the DLS recruiting model and put it on steroids". I agree with part that says their recruiting now on steroids.

But please understand, the DLS model was pretty simple:

We are a private high school; come to our school and program in your freshman year, but pretty much we won't take transfers. Look at MD today; their qb transferred in after two years at another high school. To compare MD, SJB, and BG to DLS does the Spartans a disservice.

There is no longer a rule against athletically motivated transfers.It is allowed now.The sit out period would depend on when you transferred

Socal has the same rules as NorCal. Socal schools are not going to other schools to recruit. In years past Socal has had sit out periods just like NorCal. In years past Socal has had players hit with year long suspensions just like NorCal. Two years ago CC had two or three players hit with year long suspensions after transferring from Upland (if memory serves me right) that was ruled athletically driven. All the crying by NorCal Fans, coaches, teams, is nothing more than trying to explain away their inferior product. Socal is by and large ahead most every program up here not named DLS. And you would never hear DLS complain it's not who they are. They lose its back to the grind and get better next game, week, month and year. Yes MD has kids transfer in and out, just like CC, Poly, Bonne, MV, SJB, OLU, etc...........

MD winning in the fashion that they did against BG is one heck of a feat. BG is not a cupcake by any measure. And MD absolutely manhandled them. To me, this was the biggest shock of the week in HS football. I expected MD to win...but 42-0?!?!?!? Wow!

Recruiting for DLS is not against the section rules. We can (wink, wink) say this is not recruiting:
https://www.dlshs.org/athletics/camps-clinics

But it is a form of legal recruiting. I am not accusing them of doing anything against the rules that apply to them. But if a public school did these same camps, they would naturally attract kids from outside their boundaries, and it is against section rules.

Forming a 7-on-7 team thru an outside agency is another way to do it. The kids choosing to transfer to play together with their 7-on-7 mates is a natural phenomenom. We saw the same thing happen in aau basketball. No reason to think that we are only seeing the first stages of what will be an expansion of transfers, which will lead to complaints of abuse, followed by regulation after some period of time. Followed by more creative ways to skirt the new rules. And on and on.

But it is a form of legal recruiting. I am not accusing them of doing anything against the rules that apply to them. But if a public school did these same camps, they would naturally attract kids from outside their boundaries, and it is against section rules.

Good lord public schools hold camps what are you talking about.

No reason to think that we are only seeing the first stages of what will be an expansion of transfers, which will lead to complaints of abuse,

All we see is complaints, and crying, and nobody seems to be breaking the rules. And if they are they get punished. It's all sour grapes because team "B" can't beat team "A" and so on ..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT