ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman on Friday

I just checked Mater Dei's schedule and is that the toughest schedule anyone has ever seen? Bishop Gorman, IMG Academy, SJB and the rest of the Trinity League?

Wonder if that schedule was made before Daniels reclassified. I'm calling for overrated and challenged by that schedule with multiple losses. Based on some things I saw in the off season. I'm calling SJB or a possible surprise like O Lu for the so cal representive in the state championship ,,,,,Friday Night can't get here fast enough

yeah, CashisKing18 would probably say that Folsom had a chance to beat MD or SJB. We know those games would be a 5-6 TD blowout for SJB or MD.

It’s my opinion that with there defense DLS has a shot this year in the open. Although it’s a small chance. I think DLS has a better chance at winning the open then Folsom did of beating DLS. If that defense stays healthy, they are tough to score on. But we will see.

Reactions: concrete17
I think the way DLSs defense and offensive line got pushed around against Folsom is cause for concern. Depending on how the season plays out, I would mind seeing what Folsom could do in the open, versus seeing another beatdown if DLS goes down there.

But hey that's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deltadodger
I think the way DLSs defense and offensive line got pushed around against Folsom is cause for concern. Depending on how the season plays out, I would mind seeing what Folsom could do in the open, versus seeking another beatdown if DLS goes down there.

Gotta love your entertainment. Now knowing folsom lost to dls I’m curious to know what you think folsom record with be if they had MDs schedule

I think the way DLSs defense and offensive line got pushed around against Folsom is cause for concern. Depending on how the season plays out, I would mind seeing what Folsom could do in the open, versus seeing another beatdown if DLS goes down there.

I didn't see the game but how exactly did the DLS defensive line get pushed around in a shutout?

The BG guys are being real clandestine about their team this year.Refuse to give out any information except they have two good QB.

MD had to forfeit its game vs Bishop Amat.They self reported an ineligible player from Australia who had been cleared by the CIF

I think the way DLSs defense and offensive line got pushed around against Folsom is cause for concern. Depending on how the season plays out, I would mind seeing what Folsom could do in the open, versus seeking another beatdown if DLS goes down there.

I’m sorry but you have proven to have absolutely zero knowledge of HSFB. Folsom didn’t push anything around. You tell everyone to “book it” at 42-35. Then change it to 35-27. I’m still waiting to see Folsom score 1. You think stats wins games. I have proof it doesn’t. In the end nothing you’ve said has been right. You lost all credibility with me when you were G61 and now you have lost all credibility as cashisking18. Yeah Folsom pushes DLS around to a 14-0 lose.

Reactions: GOTF
DLS lost the battle on the lines. Both sides. Folsom more physical.

Folsom loses turnover battle. Big time.

End of story.

You cant call me letters and numbers all you want. It wont change my analysis.

I didn't see the game but how exactly did the DLS defensive line get pushed around in a shutout?
1. DLS D line gave up more yardage
2. DLS O line produced less yardage

Folsom was more physical but lost turnover battle which is what mattered the most in that game.

Since we are talking about who had more yards in a game . The score matters. Remember Oakdale is a D4 team and put 553 yards on Folsom last year. And got out scored.
You are correct. which makes it even more impressive that a team that gave up 500 plus to Oakdale last year, gave up 150 to DLS this year.

Folsom was more physical but lost turnover battle which is what mattered the most in that game.
Since we are talking about who had more yards in a game . The score matters. Remember Oakdale is a D4 team and put 553 yards on Folsom last year. And got out scored.

Now you are catching onto the cash madness - you can figure out how to turn a loss into a win in almost any game.

Good call, i think everyone is just overthinking what went down last week. 5 turnovers happens when an offense just isn't ready for an elite d. I hope folsom keeps at least one elite level team on their schedule after next year. It's more valuable to the program than blowouts vs good teams.

Now you are catching onto the cash madness - you can figure out how to turn a loss into a win in almost any game.
Good call.

A few points:

1. 2 of the turnovers were unforced.
2. Folsoms D was elite in that game.

In no way does this change the outcome. But I think it surprised many people and left to a great HS game. Kuods!

DLS lost the battle on the lines. Both sides. Folsom more physical.

Folsom loses turnover battle. Big time.

End of story.

You cant call me letters and numbers all you want. It wont change my analysis.

I wasn't there but often times turnovers are forced by good defense, not the offense screwing up. With all that said I'm one of the last folks around here to defend DLS.

Not really just calling him out on the yards v score thing. Folsom was by far the more athletic team on the field that night. Oakdale is a smaller school that doesn't have specialized athletes. One of Oakdale's D- lineman was one of the players on the tennis team. A 280 pounder on the court is an interesting and entertaining.

Lack of knowledge. For whatever reasons you fail to mention, Starting field position was hugely in favor of DLS. And your more “physical” line gave up 7 sacks. Your reaching and there’s nothing there. Joe Ngata was about the 5th best player on that field Friday night. In fact if you ask me he hurt the team with his punting more then he help as a receiver. I know he’s a great athlete but Friday night he was owned. Your trying to push stats that don’t tell the whole story.

A few counter points:

1. Yes Folsom gave up more sacks. They threw nearly 3 times as many passes which features a QB drop back. Sack opportunity.

2. DLS threw 11 passes the entire game. Not many opportunities.

3. Yes field position helped a lot. This was a big advantage in my opinion.

4. Folsom line was better on O and on D. Most surprising thing of the night.

5. Joe Ngata was by far the best athlete on the field that night. DLS did do a great job with him. He displayed how good he was when he got into the open field and DESTROYED about 3 DLS defenders before he was tackled. But I agree they did a great job on him.

Overall great game! On to the next!

I guess the real question is Joe Ngata the real deal? Bigtime players always seem to show up on the bigtime stage.

Reactions: concrete17
Getting back to the point - I think MD will beat BG pretty handily. If somehow BG wins, I'll have to rethink BG merits for this year.

Reactions: cashisking18
Clemson sure thinks so. Committed there.

Offers from every major program in the country.

Isaiah Langley is at USC and he's just now cracking the starting lineup his senior year. The same thing can happen to Ngata. There's no guarantees, especially for those that choose the big stage. I tend to judge players based on how they play in the big games because in essence all D1 recruits from FCS all the way up to the SEC dominate most every Friday night.

Isaiah Langley is at USC and he's just now cracking the starting lineup his senior year. The same thing can happen to Ngata. There's no guarantees, especially for those that choose the big stage.
Agreed. He has to put in work there. He will be a small fish in a huge pond at Clemson. He has the potential to be great.

Reactions: Bubba3000

I'm sure you wouldn't but in order to play in the big boy bowl you need to earn it.

Best of luck against Jesuit tomorrow night.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Isaiah Langley is at USC and he's just now cracking the starting lineup his senior year. The same thing can happen to Ngata. There's no guarantees, especially for those that choose the big stage. I tend to judge players based on how they play in the big games because in essence all D1 recruits from FCS all the way up to the SEC dominate most every Friday night.

Before Amon-Ra St. Brown completely annihilated De La Salle last season I would say the last dominant, game changing WR DLS saw was Javon McKinley from Centennial.

I would say Joe Ngata is closer to McKinley than he is to St. Brown. I don't know what the word is on St. Brown coming from Camp Helton but McKinley has not done much at ND going into year three. I would say the WR at Clemson and ND are fairly similar.

It's unfortunate that the Bay Area schools aren't keeping Northern California talent.

Score board reads
DLS 1-0 W
Folsom 0-1 L

NEXT

DLS still undefeated in NORCAL play since 1989....no team will ever touch that!

There's a theory that the reason So Cal produces more big time QB's, WR's and DB's than Nor Cal is because on average the level of play and the passing game is more advanced down south.

There's a theory that the reason So Cal produces more big time QB's, WR's and DB's than Nor Cal is because on average the level of play and the passing game is more advanced down south.
This makes sense. They generally run more wide open offenses. We still have a fairly large number of teams running fairly antiquated offenses that dont really translate to the college level.

A few counter points:

1. Yes Folsom gave up more sacks. They threw nearly 3 times as many passes which features a QB drop back. Sack opportunity.

2. DLS threw 11 passes the entire game. Not many opportunities.

3. Yes field position helped a lot. This was a big advantage in my opinion.

4. Folsom line was better on O and on D. Most surprising thing of the night.

5. Joe Ngata was by far the best athlete on the field that night. DLS did do a great job with him. He displayed how good he was when he got into the open field and DESTROYED about 3 DLS defenders before he was tackled. But I agree they did a great job on him.

Overall great game! On to the next!

Hmm let’s set dls got pressure and created turnovers with only 4 down linemen all game

Folsom shit down dls run game because they put 8-9 in the box all game. That doesn’t mean folsom defense is elite it just means Folsom sold out to stop the run. Dls still only threw the ball 11 times. That’s why I say a balance dls would bear Folsom by 4 tds. Folsom defense will not look as good vs Jesuit because they’ll throw the ball more.

Lastly vs grant Ngata won’t be the most impressive athlete on the field BOOK THAT. So stop with “he’s playing on Sunday” nfl players don’t get held to 60 yards

Reactions: coachlittle
Hmm let’s set dls got pressure and created turnovers with only 4 down linemen all game

Folsom shit down dls run game because they put 8-9 in the box all game. That doesn’t mean folsom defense is elite it just means Folsom sold out to stop the run. Dls still only threw the ball 11 times. That’s why I say a balance dls would bear Folsom by 4 tds. Folsom defense will not look as good vs Jesuit because they’ll throw the ball more.

Lastly vs grant Ngata won’t be the most impressive athlete on the field BOOK THAT. So stop with “he’s playing on Sunday” nfl players don’t get held to 60 yards
I don't even know where to start with this response. I will try.

1. Folsom showed they were elite on defense. Anyone holding DLS to 14 points is elite. Grant could stack the box with 11 guys and lose by 50 to DLS.

2. There is no "a balanced DLS attack would beat Folsom by 4 TDs." This is a fantasy. DLS runs no such "balanced offense." They run the veer. And they run it well.

3. Ngata is one of the most impressive players in the REGION. In the SFL, there is nobody that lights a candle. Folsom plays 5 to 6 teams this year better than Grant, before they even play Grant. Ngata is going to Clemson. I doubt Grant as one player with even an offer to San Jose State. So we can end that garbage here, where it belongs.

Lastly- if you want to engage, that is fine. But no more Grant talk. They are a middle to lower pack SFL team at best. Maybe we can get to talking about them in the next few years, but for now, it is a mute point not even worth having a conversation about. We might as well talk about Whitney or Nevada Union if we are going to talk about Grant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT