ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei - Chino Hills

iamgearyblvd

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2014
Probably the first time I rooted for MD to win. CH just shooting 40 ft 3 pointers in a 1 or 2 possession game will be the death of them. But hey, that's how they play and that's what got them here for 2 years. Very gritty OT win for MD. Bol is such a difference maker.

Very entertaining game. I'm not a huge
MD fan either and it was probably one of the few times I was rooting for them. CH coaching at the very end was questionable (not fouling with 29 seconds?) they wasted a lot of time for nothing.

How good is scal open this year? You have 4 legit top 10 Nationally ranked teams in Bishop Monty, Chino, MD , and Sierra Canyon. Jeez... And Bishop Monty who I consider one of the best programs I've seen knocks of SC last night as well. Wow.

The scary thing about Chino is all those crazy shots and poor time management and they still almost beat a stacked MD team. Chino has a good shot at getting back to Open finals.

And as good as Scal is Woodcreek or Sheldon already know they can compete with the best from that area.

How good is scal open this year? You have 4 legit top 10 Nationally ranked teams in Bishop Monty, Chino, MD , and Sierra Canyon. Jeez... And Bishop Monty who I consider one of the best programs I've seen knocks of SC last night as well. Wow.

The scary thing about Chino is all those crazy shots and poor time management and they still almost beat a stacked MD team. Chino has a good shot at getting back to Open finals.

And as good as Scal is Woodcreek or Sheldon already know they can compete with the best from that area.
I feel like if Woodcreek or Sheldon played any of those teams, they would lose by 15-20.

Also, Bishop Montgomery upset Sierra Canyon.

Of course, these teams should live to fight another day (or more) in the SoCal playoffs.

Sheldon and Woodcreek both lost to Chino Hills this year. I want to say Sheldon lost by 8 and WC by 15 but both teams were in those games late and Sheldon was really close to the end. I would say underdogs but DLS vs Chino Hills last year was a lot bigger of a task if you ask me and DLS played Chino closer than most thought. Don't sleep on the north this year. Not deep but the top teams are better than last year.

I may sound stupid but isn't bellarmine the highest ranked team? Do they get any love? Highly presumptuous that Woodcreek and Sheldon will be the representatives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT