ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei scandal

Nobody is to big to fail. It was and is boys being boys simply put. Both were willing participants here. Now don’t take the statement as I agree with behavior I don’t. But again I’m not naive to what goes on and what boys do.
I had a friend in college that was a willing participant in a fight. So we watched more amused than anything else. His head snapped back and I and a few others jumped in to stop it but not before a few more punches had been delivered.He ended up being a vegetable. The other kind went to prison. But after two years he was out but my friend was still a vegetable. The criminal justice system did its job.
For the Sheriff and the prosecutors in OC to treat this like boys will be boys is unconscionable. It reinforces the incident and makes the behaviour very likely to continue

People always have asked me why I like watching high school football and I always answer for the purity of the game. Well that purity has been tarnished by MD and again with this situation.

First off, I hope the kids involved end up ok. Or at least recover as well as can be.

But with regard to that program — my initial feeling was “KARMA”.

I hope that program crumbles to the ground. Everyone that posts here regularly knows that I dislike everything about that program and what it has become.

Hopefully this is enough to put an end to it. Or at least set it back far enough to really hurt it.
The program has become to big to fail and we all know what happens next.. ask penn state when leaders look the other way. Very sad this happened and MD needs to clean house and reset what actually is important we are teaching kids.

Reactions: ThunderRam
This is from the article posted by Streak.

“The Orange County District Attorney’s Office does not intend to file charges in the case and views the altercation as mutual combat.”

Not sure where you are getting he was “chrarged” with anything, let alone a felony?

In fact looked like SAPD wrapped up their investigation months ago requesting a criminal complaint of charges and after review the DA looked at the evidence and investigation and determined there did not merit criminal charges or it was not a case they could prove BRD? The case is 9 months old and now it looks like since no criminal charges have been filed the civil case comes out this week, the week of the championship game. It does sound like their are a ton of issues here and if shown to be true some heads will roll as they should.
The civil case will be an up hill battle for the plaintiff now that the defence can say that the DA felt no criminal charges were necessary. Since SAPD recommended Felony Charges. You usually don’t see a DA drop everything. I wonder if he has any connection no matter how small with MD

The real point I want to make is that no team should ever allow fighting by their players in the locker room, on the field or outside of school.

The civil case will be an up hill battle for the plaintiff now that the defence can say that the DA felt no criminal charges were necessary. Since SAPD recommended Felony Charges. You usually don’t see a DA drop everything. I wonder if he has any connection no matter how small with MD

The real point I want to make is that no team should ever allow fighting by their players in the locker room, on the field or outside of school.
It won’t effect the civil case one bit that the DA did not pursue criminal charges. It’s why OJ didn’t do any time for the murders he committed, but had to pay. The family and lawyers will still get paid int this. Totally different threshold between BRD and preponderance of evidence. Just gotta hit 51%. This being juvenile, they just got to hit reasonable suspicion, so it is a lower threshold.

Just because SAPD felt they had PC for felony charges the DA may not have the evidence to prove BRD / RS and will not go forward. Not having seen the video or knowing anything about the investigation (other than the article, which I wouldn’t take as fact) there possibly is more to it with regards to player 1’s role that the DA / Juvenile Probation didn’t want to move forward.

All in the name of Jesus. SMDH! Dominant Catholic HS programs breeding jack assery and Mob mentality. Not a direction you want to go in I would think. With a wealth of riches on the field they feel it is necessary to have "bodies" be a part of their program. Pathetic. Coach should be fired immediately, bring someone to the program that doesn't have a tiny mind and a huge ego. They will still be dominant because of the product they put on the field. Or not. They might have all those kids fleeing to Bosco. There are better ways to instill toughness in your players besides incapacitating a young man that is on your side.

Way to represent a Catholic school ! Nice Catholic thing to do .
It's disappointing. Being the product of a Catholic university and private and public high schools, I find the whole thing disappointing. Probably not the best forum to discuss in detail but my principles more and more don't align with much of what I see these days whether it be in the football context or behavior and content on campus.

This is bigger than football and ultimately, i hope the victim in all of this is able to get back to a normal, healthy and pain free lifestyle. We’ve all been young and nieve so I do hope all of the boys involved can grow beyond this to make wiser decisions.

This said, this will turn into another example of a Private Catholic program flexing their muscles. Rollinson will not be fired as the Archdiocese of Orange will throw some money at the situation for the sake of winning ball games. If Mater Dei we’re public he would have been axed no questions asked.

A perfect comparison is Rush Propst. The guy is an ELITE douchebag. I mean, cream of the crop. He is a better coach than Rollinson’s ever been and in the Deep South where Football is truly King. But he coaches in the public school system and thus has been publicly axed three times for shit far more excusable than this.

It comes out that the man had two wives and two separate sets of kids. Hoover fired him immediately.

It comes out that he guy ran a district credit card to over $300k and fired the school principal for no reason (you read the second part right). Colquitt County fires him immediately.

He has a conversation secretly recorded in which he airs our Nick Saban. Valdosta High fires him immediately.

All bad dealings but none as bad as what Rollinson is about to get away with. Why? Because the archdiocese will take come of that offering money and make this go away.
2 a days was epic though

It won’t effect the civil case one bit that the DA did not pursue criminal charges. It’s why OJ didn’t do any time for the murders he committed, but had to pay. The family and lawyers will still get paid int this. Totally different threshold between BRD and preponderance of evidence. Just gotta hit 51%. This being juvenile, they just got to hit reasonable suspicion, so it is a lower threshold.

Just because SAPD felt they had PC for felony charges the DA may not have the evidence to prove BRD / RS and will not go forward. Not having seen the video or knowing anything about the investigation (other than the article, which I wouldn’t take as fact) there possibly is more to it with regards to player 1’s role that the DA / Juvenile Probation didn’t want to move forward.
OJ killed someone? I swear he was found not guilty. Was my professor teaching us wrong this whole time?

It's disappointing. Being the product of a Catholic university and private and public high schools, I find the whole thing disappointing. Probably not the best forum to discuss in detail but my principles more and more don't align with much of what I see these days whether it be in the football context or behavior and content on campus.
As a Catholic elementary and high school product I have to say this all certainly goes against all I was taught. I will also say that I know of an East Bay HS that had a coach that arranged a fight between two teammates to "settle it like men". That's all I'll say on that. It was monitored closely, no injuries reported

Reactions: bella123

It’s always better to have a conviction going into a civil trial but I understand the points you make and agree

Reactions: bella123
Yeah, with the A everyone, with the ER black people
pretty much. although the article informed us the kid was white. lolllll. which is odd cuz 50 % kids of every single race calls each other that on every high school and college campus.

pretty much. although the article informed us the kid was white. lolllll. which is odd cuz 50 % kids of every single race calls each other that on every high school and college campus.
Yep, that's how I understand it

mater dei gotta pay for this though. insane the DA doesnt think a charge should be filed. i have seen charges over lesser stuff.

If you are "willing participant" in a game based on certain agreed upon rules, and said rules are then broken and you are injured as a result, are you still a willing participant? I dont think so.

Also, me thinks the trainers are the ones to take the fall here. Denying treatment to someone obviously in immediate need regardless of how it happened is gross negligence.

Reactions: Scoop and Score
If you are "willing participant" in a game based on certain agreed upon rules, and said rules are then broken and you are injured as a result, are you still a willing participant? I dont think so.

Also, me thinks the trainers are the ones to take the fall here. Denying treatment to someone obviously in immediate need regardless of how it happened is gross negligence.
this goes along the lines of when the willing participant says NO. after saying yes. it is a crime after they say NO. but at one point they were a willing participant.

mater dei gotta pay for this though. insane the DA doesnt think a charge should be filed. i have seen charges over lesser stuff.
I have not seen one shred of evidence (video, police, reports, etc) so I am not privy to the evidence that was presented and why they have not filed. Yes lesser charges on other crimes, happen all the time and again usually hinge on evidence to support charges.

All I’ve seen on the story Is what Streak posted, which I’m just taking at face value for the time being. I have not seen anything one way or another to form an opinion on what happened yet.

Yeah, with the A everyone, with the ER black people

IMO neither should be used.

99.99% of those that believe the A version is ok didn’t live or suffer through the worst periods of time that the ER version was used. Slightly altering the word doesn’t change it or it’s history.

That’s just ignorant, naive young people making up their own truths and reality.

Furthermore, those offended and hurt most by the use of a word against them shouldn’t ever be using the word themselves.

But our society loves to complicate and make life much harder than it needs to be.

IMO neither should be used.

99.99% of those that believe the A version is ok didn’t live or suffer through the worst periods of time that the ER version was used. Slightly altering the word doesn’t change it or it’s history.

That’s just ignorant, naive young people making up their own truths and reality.

Furthermore, those offended and hurt most by the use of a word against them shouldn’t ever be using the word themselves.

But our society loves to complicate and make life much harder than it needs to be.
i am not saying it is ok. but it is a word that every race uses. people on here would be surprised to hear their kids word usage when they arent around. just check snapchat, instagram and facebook.
clearly this video confirms that. although when i am the lone black rep at the bar i often tell them i dont own the word so use it how you may. however if another candidate walks in he may not be so welcoming.

I had a friend in college that was a willing participant in a fight. So we watched more amused than anything else. His head snapped back and I and a few others jumped in to stop it but not before a few more punches had been delivered.He ended up being a vegetable. The other kind went to prison. But after two years he was out but my friend was still a vegetable. The criminal justice system did its job.
For the Sheriff and the prosecutors in OC to treat this like boys will be boys is unconscionable. It reinforces the incident and makes the behaviour very likely to continue

People always have asked me why I like watching high school football and I always answer for the purity of the game. Well that purity has been tarnished by MD and again with this situation.
Why are you holding these high school kids to higher standard than you held yourself to as a college student? You were “amused” by such activities until it went to far, no different than what was happening here I would guess. Your hypocrisy here is strange but I’m not sure what is more stunning. They fact you’re being a hypocrite or the fact you’re oblivious to it.

Last edited:
i am not saying it is ok. but it is a word that every race uses. people on here would be surprised to hear their kids word usage when they arent around. just check snapchat, instagram and facebook.
clearly this video confirms that. although when i am the lone black rep at the bar i often tell them i dont own the word so use it how you may. however if another candidate walks in he may not be so welcoming.
That's a great point. If you aren't of the POC persuasion, better to keep any potentially misunderstood epithets to yourself. The consequences for not keeping your lips on hold could well be unfortunate.

Why are you holding these high school kids to higher standard than you held yourself to as a college student? You were “amused” by such activities until it went to far, no different than what was happening here I would guess. Your hypocrisy here is strange but I’m not sure what is more stunning. They fact you’re being a hypocrite or the fact you’re oblivious to it.
Nice try, this was not a organised ritual done yearly. It was a one off and I and others saved his life such as it is. Obviously you have no idea what the full storey is or you would not be mouthing off. Talk about hypocrisy, You are at best a hack apologist for MD, the way you pose yourself is quite evident to everyone on the board. Keep up the good work and keep digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Nice try, this was not a organised ritual done yearly. It was a one off and I and others saved his life such as it is. Obviously you have no idea what the full storey is or you would not be mouthing off. Talk about hypocrisy, You are at best a hack apologist for MD, the way you pose yourself is quite evident to everyone on the board. Keep up the good work and keep digging a bigger hole for yourself.
1. I have been clear hear I don’t condone the actions of the kids but understand what boys do.
2. If MD in fact handled the situation as described it’s terrible and certainly remaining silent is a terrible optic.

Now onto your BS. This isn’t a “organized ritual” put on by the institution that’s laughable. It’s immature BS that kids in praticular boys do. You yourself in your little story participated in exactly that same type of situation yourself. And understand even though you didn’t throw a punch by accepting the actions taking place, by doing nothing to prevent the actions from taking place, you’re complicit in allowing it to happen, just like the the kids at MD cheering yelling racist remarks etc. Just because you had the epiphany it was going bad and stepped in, does not erase your earlier actions or lack there of. See a adult would defuse or stop the clearly immature and dangerous activity, you didn’t. Your actions were no different than the kids at MD. They found enjoyment and humor in bodies, you found it in allowing these two to fight. You want to crucify the kids and the institution while making yourself look like Mr. Magnanimous here, it’s like next level narcissism. And how is pointing this out digging myself a hole here? I’m not in a hole period, I don’t give two chits about MD, I’m not a alum or a fan.

Last edited:
1. I have been clear hear I don’t condone the actions of the kids but understand what boys do.
2. If MD in fact handled the situation as described it’s terrible and certainly remaining silent is a terrible optic.

Now onto your BS. This isn’t a “organized ritual” put on by the institution that’s laughable. It’s immature BS that kids in praticular boys do. You yourself in your little story participated in exactly that same type of situation yourself. And understand even though you didn’t throw a punch by accepting the actions taking place, by doing nothing to prevent the actions from taking place, you’re complicit in allowing it to happen, just like the the kids at MD cheering yelling racist remarks etc. Just because you had the epiphany it was going bad and stepped in, does not erase your earlier actions or lack there of. See a adult would defuse or stop the clearly immature and dangerous activity, you didn’t. Your actions were no different than the kids at MD. They found enjoyment and humor in bodies, you found it in allowing these two to fight. You want to crucify the kids and the institution while making yourself look like Mr. Magnanimous here, it’s like next level narcissism. And how is pointing this out digging myself a hole here? I’m not in a hole period, I don’t give two chits about MD, I’m not a alum or a fan.
I heard about the fight. I went to the field and as I got there I saw it and sprinted 20 yards to stop it. It al happened in under 1 minute. There is a lot more to the story.

I grow tiresome with your posts, I’m here to talk about football. My team( I’m an alumni) is playing in the CCS D1 finals. Get back to me when you want to talk football.

I heard about the fight. I went to the field and as I got there I saw it and sprinted 20 yards to stop it. It al happened in under 1 minute. There is a lot more to the story.

I grow tiresome with your posts, I’m here to talk about football. My team( I’m an alumni) is playing in the CCS D1 finals. Get back to me when you want to talk football.
this thread and the lancers yellow /brown flush it down go pads

Changing your story now only reinforces my position here. In first post and I quote. You had a friend who was a willing participant in a fight. “So we watched more amused than anything else” no mention of running to stop it, no super hero Mr. morality coming to save the day. You were amused and watched! And I don’t doubt you’re tired of my post and want to change the subject, people like you don’t like being held to account. Again zero difference between your actions in ”college” than those of these HS boys. And if you wanted to talk solely football why you on this thread? Oh that’s right to slander a program you dislike. Problem is in being so self righteous with your little story telling you stepped in it and we’re too dim to realize so now want to deflect and move on. Your a very transparent individual and frankly it’s not a good look.

This was way too far over the top Rollinson should be banned from coaching high school football for life.

the term was not a racial remark. that version of the word is not about race.

Changing your story now only reinforces my position here. In first post and I quote. You had a friend who was a willing participant in a fight. “So we watched more amused than anything else” no mention of running to stop it, no super hero Mr. morality coming to save the day. You were amused and watched! And I don’t doubt you’re tired of my post and want to change the subject, people like you don’t like being held to account. Again zero difference between your actions in ”college” than those of these HS boys. And if you wanted to talk solely football why you on this thread? Oh that’s right to slander a program you dislike. Problem is in being so self righteous with your little story telling you stepped in it and we’re too dim to realize so now want to deflect and move on. Your a very transparent individual and frankly it’s not a good look.
Yes we were amused and we watched. And it took under a minute. Two truths in the same space exist. I don’t owe you anything else. That was over 3 decades ago,

I don’t who you are. I have been on this board for 12 years and all of the regulars know me well. Like me or not.

Yes we were amused and we watched. And it took under a minute. Two truths in the same space exist. I don’t owe you anything else. That was over 3 decades ago,

I don’t who you are. I have been on this board for 12 years and all of the regulars know me well. Like me or not.
So which is it you were “amused and watched” or sprinted across a field to stop this crime? You try and paint yourself as above others while acting the same way. And try and explain you actions away to wash your hands of any responsibility. Frankly pathetic.

the term was not a racial remark. that version of the word is not about race.
No idea what version your referencing and don’t care. Add a “a” or “er” meaning doesn’t change. That simply ignorance. Does Sista differ from sister? Brother from brotha? No it doesn’t.

No idea what version your referencing and don’t care. Add a “a” or “er” meaning doesn’t change. That simply ignorance. Does Sista differ from sister? Brother from brotha? No it doesn’t.
they are two different words. again, visit most high school campuses and you hear one version and there are not any issues. i aint saying either is ok, but they are def not the same nor used the same. and yes, my brotha is my dog (not k9) and my brother is the fella who came out the same womb as me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT