ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei scandal

they are two different words. again, visit most high school campuses and you hear one version and there are not any issues. i aint saying either is ok, but they are def not the same nor used the same. and yes, my brotha is my dog (not k9) and my brother is the fella who came out the same womb as me
It’s word salad sorry adding a “A” doesn’t change it to a term of endearment or something. And I could care less what HS kids are saying I don’t view women as bitches yet hear many kids doing just that. ✌️

Last edited:
Silence by the program is their right and not a admission of guilt here, they are after all being sued. Not speaking is probably the best policy while it is a bad optic. The fight didn’t spill out anywhere the kids voluntarily moved due to footing from one room to the other.
Somebody said the report was one-sided because an attorney was quoted. The newspaper sought comments from both sides. He did his job.

It’s word salad sorry adding a “A” doesn’t change it to a term of endearment or something. And I could care less what HS kids are saying I view women as bitches yet hear many kids doing just that. ✌️
My god, you are one petulant child.

Here's wishing you a better Thanksgiving.

Reactions: MC415 and Adam007
This was way too far over the top Rollinson should be banned from coaching high school football for life.
Many situations end up in the principals office with two letters on the table: A. Resign ("to spend more time with my family") or B. Termination (and be charged,) if you know what I mean.

Hey mofo. I owe you nothing. The great and knowledgeable fans of this forum if among others know me. So after my teams playoff game(Saint Francis) against an extremely well coached and talented Serra team is over I am going to be here.
I don’t care about your loyalty to SF I have been in their corner since they beat DLS check the posts. I thought it was crazy when posters here had Folsom, Rocklin, and Serra ranked ahead of them. But this isn’t about SF, it is about your Mr. Magnanimous act of being better or above the what happened at MD. You openly opined how it happened in college and you were amused by it, then tried to minimize your action by changing the story that you sprinted to stop it. Not only are you full of shit here but you’re now trying to have other vouch for you character on a message board. Your character shines through in your own words and changing story, you wrote it not me!

What part of they were not part of the team don’t you understand.
They may not have been part of the team but they are still associated with both the team and program as no where did it day they were expelled or dismissed. If you look at it it makes the program and team "guilty by association" If they came out and said the young men were expelled or dismissed from the team that cotrelation may go away but saying they were not part of the team due to "academic difficulties" still reflects on the program and still says they are associated with the team and program so GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION..

Funny how due process has become so out dated in today’s society. People don’t get the verdict they like or opinions they believe in and someone was bribed etc……..If these people have a different set of facts step forward, I’m sure the victim or the prosecutor would love to hear from them. Or would they rather bump their gums on a message board slinging mud to try and sound Important or smart.

Reactions: ararar
Funny how due process has become so out dated in today’s society. People don’t get the verdict they like or opinions they believe in and someone was bribed etc……..If these people have a different set of facts step forward, I’m sure the victim or the prosecutor would love to hear from them. Or would they rather bump their gums on a message board slinging mud to try and sound Important or smart.
Literally what internet message boards were designed to do

Reactions: Bubba3000
Hazing is defined as humiliating the inductee.As the facts come out I can’t see anything related to hazing.definitely a bad situation for everyone involved but not hazing

Reactions: THEOC89
The incident is sick enough as it is. Outside of this incident, these are the same people that have turned HSFB in Southern California into the joke that it is. This doesn't surprise me in ANY way.

The worst part is.
- The cover up
- Those cheering them on
- Idiots on this very thread making excuses

Mater Dei isn't unique in this issue, the lack of action is what is alarming. Perhaps a fallout of stressed out people having bigger fish to fry, we as parents and communities should circle the wagons and get our kids in check and keep those in power accountable for nonsense. Nobody said life was going to be easy but the events of the last few years I think no one could have predicted. We need to step it up for the sake of our kids and our communities.

Reactions: RidgeRider
What took place and the cover up at Mater Dei isn't even acceptable for my era and I'm 62 years old. With the butt hurt world we live in now, I would hope that nobody thinks this was somehow acceptable.

What took place and the cover up at Mater Dei isn't even acceptable for my era and I'm 62 years old. With the butt hurt world we live in now, I would hope that nobody thinks this was somehow acceptable.
Hazing is defined as humiliating the inductee.As the facts come out I can’t see anything related to hazing.definitely a bad situation for everyone involved but not hazing
The only way its hazing as if it is understood, unofficially, you're only part of the team if you participate in this act, otherwise you are outside the team, even if you wear the uniform.

I’m gonna let this one play out.Sounds bad of course but the possibility still remains that it’s just a disgruntled parent who was upset his kid lost a fight and it was posted on line.Or a kid who felt humiliated and decided to save face by embellishments.
Let’s have due process run it’s course then decide who did what

Reactions: Truthhertz
The only way its hazing as if it is understood, unofficially, you're only part of the team if you participate in this act, otherwise you are outside the team, even if you wear the uniform.
When you are threatened with upper class urinating in your locker if you don't fight, that constitutes hazing. As a result, you end up with brain damage. Guys like you you are part of the problem. Just a little humiliation.....

When you are threatened with upper class urinating in your locker if you don't fight, that constitutes hazing. As a result, you end up with brain damage. Guys like you you are part of the problem. Just a little humiliation.....
Actually people who take every accusation as gospel without due process are the problem

If that was what was going on, then for sure it's hazing and it should be stopped and punished.

Last edited:
Mater Dei isn't unique in this issue, the lack of action is what is alarming. Perhaps a fallout of stressed out people having bigger fish to fry, we as parents and communities should circle the wagons and get our kids in check and keep those in power accountable for nonsense. Nobody said life was going to be easy but the events of the last few years I think no one could have predicted. We need to step it up for the sake of our kids and our communities.
Because winning and protecting the program are far more important. Money is more important.

Just look at some of the comments above. Excusing the behavior because they don't want to look bad as SoCal residents or enjoy the programs winning ways so much that they're willing to overlook it all.

It's disgraceful and shows an utter lack of institutional control of the athletic program. The Archdioceses of Orange is going to pay through the nose to Player One's family - rightly so. CIF should replace MD w/ Servite for the Open championship.

It's disgraceful and shows an utter lack of institutional control of the athletic program. The Archdioceses of Orange is going to pay through the nose to Player One's family - rightly so. CIF should replace MD w/ Servite for the Open championship.

I think it's just a tougher culture, more throwback than the new normal. Sad a kid got hurt but if you look back in the 80's & 90's this was much more common. If the finding was "no hazing took place" then it is what it is.

MD earned their way into the #1 National ranking and the California Open State Championship, so why try to take it away from the kids over a technicality that has been proven false?

I personally have seen this topic but didn’t dig to deep. But finally had some time today and this is unreal after reading a very lengthy Los Angeles Times article. And how anyone would defend this is unreal. Hey I actually agree with Patsy on something.

At this point, I believe the investigation needs to be played out. What would Mater Dei have done if the kid didn’t get a hurt, yet walked into the school with a gun and went AWOL.

What strikes me the most in the LA times article written yesterday, is that Coach Rollinson noted something about how one kids dad is a coach as well. Is this why Mater Dei has showed up to Arco Arena back in the day 25 deep on the basketball team. Makes you wonder, well makes me wonder for sure. I always found that odd.

Either way the urinating in lockers, and all the other hazing related moments is not rocket science these days. Social media is alive and well and kids record everything possible. In my opinion if Mater Dei is to be held accountable and responsible at the end of the day, they should be banned to participate in any state football playoffs for at least a few years.

Social media is alive and well and kids record everything possible
I agree.So my question to the mob would be why is this the only video if this is frequent occurrence or culture.If this was a practiced hazing ritual we would have many videos because kids film everything.
The LA Times article is a one sided account of what happened.We haven’t heard MD side of what happened.I don’t know if the accusations are true or not I just don’t want to convict through the media.Let’s hear both sides first.You would want the same

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthhertz
I agree.So my question to the mob would be why is this the only video if this is frequent occurrence or culture.If this was a practiced hazing ritual we would have many videos because kids film everything.
The LA Times article is a one sided account of what happened.We haven’t heard MD side of what happened.I don’t know if the accusations are true or not I just don’t want to convict through the media.Let’s hear both sides first.You would want to the same
"It's only ONE video! That doesn't prove anything!"- SoCal troll in denial.

Un freaking real the level you dudes will stoop too to enable these programs.

The LA Times article is a one sided account of what happened.We haven’t heard MD side of what happened.I don’t know if the accusations are true or not I just don’t want to convict through the media.Let’s hear both sides first.You would want to the same
I think maybe you are thinking that I believe Mater Dei should be out now. Per my comment let the investigation play itself out and if indeed it proves to be based on the one side we know of at this point, then some for of discipline needs to be served. This is not going to be settled in between today and when Serra steps to town. This may take months. But truth be told any kid involved, that is knowingly involved, that is on the current roster should be suspended from play until this all works itself out. Cause per the article, does it go overboard possibly, somewhat of a chance however video has surfaced as well and therefore should not be that hard to see who played what role in what

Reactions: ararar

Some would argue that there are people out there that will try to do anything to take down these top programs.

Top programs that are looking to compete on a national level will tend to operate different when compared to a team with a local focus. Everything from recruiting, coaches salaries, and building toughness into their athletes will be different at that level. I can see why this would be a problem to people who think differently, but charging an entire program and trying to remove them from the state competition for something that was unfounded seems like overkill.

I think programs like IMG, MD, SJB, & DLS are great for high school football in America, these programs show young people that they can achieve anything with hard-work and dedication.

I think maybe you are thinking that I believe Mater Dei should be out now. Per my comment let the investigation play itself out and if indeed it proves to be based on the one side we know of at this point, then some for of discipline needs to be served. This is not going to be settled in between today and when Serra steps to town. This may take months. But truth be told any kid involved, that is knowingly involved, that is on the current roster should be suspended from play until this all works itself out. Cause per the article, does it go overboard possibly, somewhat of a chance however video has surfaced as well and therefore should not be that hard to see who played what role in what

I bet Serra would rather play MD at their best.

If asked about these kids (involved in the incident at MD) participating in this weekends open game I bet the Serra coach would simply say "Let them play"

I think programs like IMG, MD, SJB, & DLS are great for high school football in America, these programs show young people that they can achieve anything with hard-work and dedication.
How EXACTLY do they do that? By concentrating talent?

Why are you quoting something that was never said? I would ask why you are stooping to lying but just lying 🤥 would be reaching up for you

How EXACTLY do they do that? By concentrating talent?

By concentrating talent & coaching. While also committing resources to build proper facilities, paying for kids tuition, and travel. Creating environments where kids can flourish at what they love to do while also getting a top tier (college Prep) education. Not to mention getting these kids into some of the top colleges in the country.

This is right up there with the highly competitive S.T.E.M or S.T.E.A.M programs.

Also, colleges like Alabama/Notre Dame/Clemson do the same thing at the next level.

butt hurt isnt the right thing to say when talking about hazing.... read the room cuddy

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT