ADVERTISEMENT

MD Forfeiting First Game for use of ineligible transfer?

Wow! That is so crazy! Big black eye I guess. Just not a fan of what they are doing down there.

Hilarious!

“The player in question was admitted to MDHS as a result of academic official transcripts which indicated that this Fall season would be his 7th semester of high school enrollment. However, in the process of reviewing this student-athlete’s NCAA eligibility requirements, Mater Dei High School discovered additional academic transcripts from his native country (not the United States). These new transcripts indicate that this is actually the student’s 9th semester of high school enrollment which makes him ineligible to participate in CIF athletic competition.”

Deflection of the debate is unbecoming. The previous ncp discussion centered on 19 year old seniors, not 20. There are legit reasons parents, with the expertise of educators, choose repeating a grade. The time frame typically is second to fourth grade as that is the window during which both intellectual and social factors can be objectified. Parental hold back in K or 8th for (purely) athletic reasons is not objective. Who’s to say they wouldn’t be a college recruit at 17 or 18?

Reactions: awood1
If referring to Bellevue’s 4 year post season ban and other penalties I doubt that’s going to happen. Publics operate under a higher magnification of oversight. Privates do not.

How so please explain. I'm unaware of any rules that apply to public s that don't apply to privates. Please enlighten the board.

so easy to skirt the rules, all you need is a booster who owns an apartment building inside the school boundaries or knows somebody who does.....

so easy to skirt the rules, all you need is a booster who owns an apartment building inside the school boundaries or knows somebody who does.....
Actually, this is COMPLETELY untrue, and in fact very disingenuous. If you are mad because one school is RIPPING your school year in and year out, I understand. But don't spread falsehoods.

According to the CIF Transfer Policy, per the website:
Determination of What Constitutes a Valid Change of Residence Determination of what constitutes a valid change of residence depends upon the facts in each case. In determining that a valid change of residence occurred, the following facts must exist:
a. The original residence must be abandoned as a residence by the immediate family. The new school is responsible for validating this fact; AND
b. The student’s entire immediate family must make the change of primary residence and take with them the household goods and furniture appropriate to the circumstances. For eligibility purposes, a family unit may not maintain more than one (1) primary residence; AND
c. The change of primary residence must be genuine, without fraud or deceit and with permanent intent. A request for eligibility based on a valid change of residence by the student’s entire immediate family must be supported by documentation. Documentation may be cumulative and no single document or any combination of documents listed below will be considered as definitive that a valid change of residence occurred. The documents must support a finding by the Section that a valid change of residence by the student’s entire immediate family occurred prior to participation at the new school; that the previous residence was vacated as required above in paragraphs a., b. and c. and that the family no longer has the use and enjoyment of that former residence. The Section Commissioner and school may request additional documents they deem necessary to establish that a valid change of residence occurred as defined above. Evidence may include:
• Property tax receipts;
• Bank account statements;
• Credit card statements.

Based on what you are implying (and we all know what it is), someone can just have a family member rent an apartment within a school boundary for you to stay at, in order to satisfy the residency requirement. That is absolutely false. Read the rule above. There is a ton of paperwork that must be submitted that shows that the move was genuine.

As I have said before- If you are going to troll- know the rules.

I wish I could say it was honest mistake since it involved an international transfer/transcript...but it is sad that a school of MD caliber resorts to this type of activity. With the the amount of "legal" players they have I cant imagine this one kid impacted them that much. Not a good look for them on any level

Actually, this is COMPLETELY untrue, and in fact very disingenuous. If you are mad because one school is RIPPING your school year in and year out, I understand. But don't spread falsehoods.

According to the CIF Transfer Policy, per the website:
Determination of What Constitutes a Valid Change of Residence Determination of what constitutes a valid change of residence depends upon the facts in each case. In determining that a valid change of residence occurred, the following facts must exist:
a. The original residence must be abandoned as a residence by the immediate family. The new school is responsible for validating this fact; AND
b. The student’s entire immediate family must make the change of primary residence and take with them the household goods and furniture appropriate to the circumstances. For eligibility purposes, a family unit may not maintain more than one (1) primary residence; AND
c. The change of primary residence must be genuine, without fraud or deceit and with permanent intent. A request for eligibility based on a valid change of residence by the student’s entire immediate family must be supported by documentation. Documentation may be cumulative and no single document or any combination of documents listed below will be considered as definitive that a valid change of residence occurred. The documents must support a finding by the Section that a valid change of residence by the student’s entire immediate family occurred prior to participation at the new school; that the previous residence was vacated as required above in paragraphs a., b. and c. and that the family no longer has the use and enjoyment of that former residence. The Section Commissioner and school may request additional documents they deem necessary to establish that a valid change of residence occurred as defined above. Evidence may include:
• Property tax receipts;
• Bank account statements;
• Credit card statements.

Based on what you are implying (and we all know what it is), someone can just have a family member rent an apartment within a school boundary for you to stay at, in order to satisfy the residency requirement. That is absolutely false. Read the rule above. There is a ton of paperwork that must be submitted that shows that the move was genuine.

As I have said before- If you are going to troll- know the rules.

Ray (dad) lives in Reno and commutes to Folsom for football weekends. His sons live with their mother and grandmother during the week near the school, which is counter to the rumor that they live in a party house full of transfer players, or at a hotel as a loophole to residential eligibility.

This is in the Joe Davidson article in the BEE...easily googled....contrary to the rules you have posted...Please explain the discrepancy....

I would STRONGLY encourage any ignored posters to report any improprieties to the CIF. Call them immediately. Please do.

The good new is (having personal kowledge of the situation), is that it has been reported MANY times and investigated by the CIF. And all clear.

But I encourage all of you to please report this knowledge you have to the CIF. I am sure they await your calls and emails.

If you do not understand the CIF rules on transfers and household moves, I encourage you to read the CIF handbook, as I have posted a snippet of what is included in there.

There is nothing you can do to slow down this train. It's moving fast towards another title.

I'm sure most of you that follow H.S. football remembers Franklin In Stockton. Public don't alway follow the rules.

The CIF Phone Number is below. I encourage all of you, with information regarding improprieties contact them immediately.

California Interscholastic Federation 4658 Duckhorn Drive - Sacramento, CA 95834 Phone: (916) 239-4477 Fax: (916) 239-4478 E-mail: info@cifstate.org

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT