ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 0

Stinkin' Pitt... From now on, they're at #1if I pick 'em.

Ha!
Most every body had them as their 7-10 (highest) picks except that Nostrdamus of this week's Pic'Ems (Ridge Rider) who had them near the cellar at #2. Guess that wins Pitt the Bernie Madoff Smoke and Mirrors award this week and puts the rest of us on Team Nostradumbass.

Last edited:
Ha!
Most every body had them as their 7-10 (highest) picks except that Nostrdamus of this week's Pic'Ems (Ridge Rider) who had them at #2. Guess that wins Pitt the Bernie Madoff Smoke and Mirrors award this week and puts the rest of us on Team Nostrdumbass.
Maybe I'll use the dice app next time.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I guess Pitt was busy reading the rankings which had Folsom #1 in NorCal & Pitt at #3 just behind DLS.
The Pitt posters were saying this team could be one of the best and might even take down DLS this season.
So they got me hook, line & sinker on Pitt & they were "my sure thing" at #10 pick :(.
I wonder what Folsom & Pitt fans think of those pre-season rankings now??

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Confident the Pitt vs St. Mary’s-Stockton game will be in next weeks Pick-em. Calpreps projects Pitt 34 St. Mary’s 22. Curious if others will follow your lead and pick Pitt as their 1 pointer or even lean with St. Mary’s.

If it’s Pittsburg’s secondary that is of concern, might want to just pick St. Mary’s. Rams QB Noah May is the real deal. Really would like this game to be the game of the week. Then again, hard to picture Pitt going 0-2.

It was a tough first week, but FBAddict wins on the first tiebreaker over NorCalSportsFan (FB's first miss was 9 points and NCSF was 10 points). Much like the teams this past week, still working off some offseason rust, so any mistakes let me know by 7:00 PM on Monday.

Thanks for everyone who played this week. It was the most participants we have ever had! Also some creative posts on assigning confidence levels :)

De La Salle beat Folsom 14-0
Freedom beat Turlock 42-35
Clayton Valley Charter beat Pittsburg 38-31
Liberty beat Vacaville 35-10
Campolindo beat Marin Catholic 35-21
San Leandro beat Foothill 51-29
Monterey Trail beat Sheldon 41-6
Capital Christian beat Cosumnes Oaks 47-39
Inderkum beat Elk Grove 37-13
Rancho Cotate beat Sacramento 16-12

FBAddict 37

NorCalSportsFan 37

RLS13 36

Streak One 36

Espot 35

Bella123 35

Hatchball 35

Djgaucho 34

FootballJunkie101 33

Cal 14 33

mshNASTY 33

RidgeRunner 32

SPortela24 32

NorCalHSFan 31

EN_FB_Alum 31

Lakers2480Bulldogs 31

Bulldogmgc 30

Irish_Cheers 28

CoachReber 28

MC415 28

Cashking18 28

OtherBrotha 28

Kiddman32 27

Jfoyosoul 24

John Mellencamp 24

Concrete17 24

CCCSleepingGiant 24

SacFB 24

SearsPoints 22

Ncscalfootball 18

Rmbr26 18

Dan12Kings 17

Sacchiefs 6

Reactions: Sacchiefs
I can understand CVC upsetting Pitt but the Dragons and the Huskies lost is just mind boggling to say the least. Does anyone have a beat on MT this year? Are they really that good or did Cattolico give them the sympathy card after beating them 9 straight times? Also, does anyone know why the Dragons offense struggled against RC?

Wow...tough week. Funny that FBAddict and I were at the top. The mojo must have rubbed off since we sat next to each other at the DLS v Folsom game.

Reactions: FBAddict
Monterey Trail is pretty good. Have two physical, athletic runners to make that veer more dynamic. I would guess MT had a little extra motivation playing a Delta school after the section moved them out of that league. That move wasn't taken very well by the school

Kevin Macy is really good at Campo. I thought they had a chance being at home, but still thats a really good opening win. Interesting they play a game then have a week off

Wow...tough week. Funny that FBAddict and I were at the top. The mojo must have rubbed off since we sat next to each other at the DLS v Folsom game.
LOL - well, I thought for sure I would end up at the bottom of the pile with 37 points - But you are right , it was a tough week.

Monterey Trail is pretty good. Have two physical, athletic runners to make that veer more dynamic. I would guess MT had a little extra motivation playing a Delta school after the section moved them out of that league. That move wasn't taken very well by the school

Kevin Macy is really good at Campo. I thought they had a chance being at home, but still thats a really good opening win. Interesting they play a game then have a week off

Not Campo's choice for early bye. It's still opening game for a lot of teams and heard they didn't want to play Campo after they already had game. Turns out Campo is still deal with some preseason injuries so the week off could help them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT