ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 10

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are the games for the final week of the contest. The game of the week is Central Catholic and Oakdale. Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday.

Pleasant Valley at Chico
West Valley at Lassen
Pittsburg at Antioch
Del Notre at St. Bernard's
Pitman at Turlok
Central Catholic at Oakdale
Ripon at Modesto Christian
Lincoln SJ at Oak Grove
Palma at Aptos
Sacred Heart Prep at Terra Nova

10) Central Catholic (37-24)
9) Turlock
8) Pittsburg
7) Modesto Christian
6) Terra Nova
5) St. Bernard's
4) Aptos
3) Lincoln
2) Pleasant Valley
1) Lassen

10. Pittsburg
9. Modesto Christian
8. Pleasant Valley
7. Terra Nova
6. Central Catholic (31-28)
5. Turlock
4. West Valley
3. Palma
2. Oak Grove
1. St. Bernard's

10 Central Catholic (35-20)
9 Modesto Christian
8 Oak Grove
7 Terra Nova
6 Pittsburg
5 Turlock
4 Aptos
3 Lassen
2 Pleasant Valley
1 St Bernard's

Pittsburg
Central Catholic (31-28)
Modesto Christian
Pleasant Valley
Palma
Oak Grove
Terra Nova
Turlock
West Valley
St. Bernard's

10. Terra Nova
9. Turlock
8. CC (40-28)
7. Aptos
6. MC
5. Pitt
4. St. Bernard's
3. Oak Grove
2. Chico
1. West Valley

10) Central Catholic (37-24)
9) Pitt
8) Modesto Christian
7) Turlock
6) Aptos
5) Terra Nova
4) Pleasant Valley
3) West Valley
2) Oak Grove
1) St. Bernard's

(10) Modesto Christian
(09) Central Catholic
(08) Terra Nova
(07) Turlock
(06) Pitt (35-20)
(05) West Valley
(04) Aptos
(03) Chico
(02) Oak Grove (San Jose)
(01) Del Norte

Last edited:
10. West valley
9. Central Catholic 20-17
8. Ripon
7. Pittsburg
6. Pleasant valley
5. Aptos
4. Terra
3. Pittman
2. St Bernard
1. Oak Grove

SearsPoints Says:

10. Pittsburg
9. Turlock
8. Central Catholic (36-28)
7. Terra Nova
6. West Valley
5. St. Bernard's
4. Oak Grove
3. Modesto Christian
2. Palma
1. Pleasant Valley

10. Pittsburg
9. Modesto Christian
8. West Valley
7. Central Catholic (35-21)
6. Aptos
5. St. Bernard's
4. Turlock
3. Pleasant Valley
2. Oak Grove
1. Terra Nova

Pleasant Valley at Chico-pv 6
West Valley at Lassen-wv 3
Pittsburg at Antioch-Pitt 10
Del Notre at St. Bernard's-Sb 2
Pitman at Turlok- Turlock 5
Central Catholic at Oakdale- CC9 (35-21)
Ripon at Modesto Christian- mc 1
Lincoln SJ at Oak Grove-og 7
Palma at Aptos-Palma 8
Sacred Heart Prep at Terra Nova-shp 4

10. Pitt
9. Central Catholic 28-20
8. Palma
7. Pleasant Valley
6. Mo. Christian
5. Oak Grove
4. Turlock
3. W. Valley
2. SHP
1. Del Norte

10. Pleasant Valley
9. Pitt
8. Turlock
7. Modesto Xian
6. West Valley
5. Central Cath (31-24)
4. OG
3. Aptos
2. DN
1. SHP

10. Central Catholic 42-21
9. Pleasant Valley
8. Modesto Christian
7.Terra Nova
6. Lincoln SJ
5. Pitman
4. Pittsburg
3. St. Bernard's
2. Aptos
1. Lassen

10 Pittsburg at Antioch
9 Modesto Christian
8 Central Catholic (28-21)
7 Palma
6 Sacred Heart Prep
5 Lassen
4 Pleasant Valley
3 Lincoln SJ
2 Pitman
1 St. Bernard's

10 Pittsburg
9 Central Catholic (38-28)
8 Terra Nova
7 Turlock
6 Modesto Christian
5 West Valley
4 Oak Grove
3 St. Bernard's
2 Pleasant Valley
1 Aptos

10. Central Catholic 33-14
9. Pittsburg
8. Aptos
7. Pleasant Valley
6. Turlock
5. Terra Nova
4. Lincoln
3. Del Norte
2. Modesto Christian
1. Lassen

10-Ripon
9-Central Catholic (42-21)
8-Turlock
7-West Valley
6-Pittsburg
5-Palma
4-Chico
3-Oak Grove
2-Terra Nova
1-St. Bernards

10) Central Catholic 35-24
9) Turlock
8) the Pitt Pirates
7) Terra Nova
6) West Valley
5) Modesto Christian
4) Pleasant Valley
3) Aptos
2) St Bernard's
1) Oak Grove

NorCalSportsFan Picks

10. Pittsburg
9. Central Catholic (35-21)
8. Terra Nova
7. Turlock
6. West Valley
5. Pleasant Valley
4. Modesto Christian
3. St. Bernard’s
2. Oak Grove
1. Palma

Good luck everyone. Go Chieftains!

Central Catholic @ Oakdale Straw Straw Poll 10/26/2018, after 7pm

21 confidence votes, 20 score predictions
Central Catholic Win: 21 votes; average confidence 8.6
Oakdale Win: 0 votes; average confidence ~

Sum average score prediction:
Central Catholic 34 ~ Oakdale 23

This week's GOTW game is the first game of 2018 to have all pickers choose one team over the other. The next closest was the Serra @ Pittsburg GOTW game from week 3 when 91% of the pickers chose Pittsburg to win. That game had an average predicted spread victory of 9 points and the actual spread victory was 10 points. This game has an average predicted spread of 11 points.

As one might expect, this week also had the highest picker confidence level of all weeks this year. Pickers had an average 8.6 confidence level for a Central Catholic win. The next closest was week 4 Liberty @ Cardinal Newman game when pickers chose Liberty by the then highest confidence level of 8.0.

giphy.gif

My Pic'Ems the last couple weeks.....

Looks like I've got got this week on lock down even if I lose both games tomorrow :)

I should play more often, I think I've played 4 weeks in the last 3 years, and won all 4.
Streak One has been very consistent in offering this annual NCP Pick'em competition. Hope you are a part of it next year if the tradition continues.

Reactions: pantera-cat
Looks like FBAddict will win pick'em this year. Congrats!
Hope my lead holds through today's games - if so, thanks. It was just good enough to beat NorCalSportsFan which was my real goal;). He is always near the top if not winning these Pick'Em games. We have been to a few games together and he is one of the most knowledgeable fans about the game of HS football.

If you remember, Streak won last year and he was catching up very quickly this year. Streak has a lot of "less-known" knowledge about the current NorCal HS Football season because its his job to know. So he will always be strong opponent.

Hope my lead holds through today's games - if so, thanks. It was just good enough to beat NorCalSportsFan which was my real goal;). He is always near the top if not winning these Pick'Em games. We have been to a few games together and he is one of the most knowledgeable fans about the game of HS football.

If you remember, Streak won last year and he was catching up very quickly this year. Streak has a lot of "less-known" knowledge about the current NorCal HS Football season because its his job to know. So he will always be strong opponent.
Agree, both Streak1 and NCSF are the standards to beat if you're going to win the Pick'em contest. If you beat one of those two you're consider a very knowledgeable NorCal poster in my book. This is the first time I've seen Streak1 lose his 7, 8, & 9 picks in one week of play. That said, his 10 pick is still in play. That's a rare sighting.

I also want to give a shout out to Cal14. It's been a while since he has played this Pick'em game. But he has been highly successful in other Pick'em contests. He, Norcalsportfan and I get together for a game once in a while and Cal and I have worked on some common projects together. He is also quite knowledgeable and has a very sharp mind for HS football.

Thanks for the kind words FBAddict and FootballJunkie. Congrats on the pickem FBAddict! I was gunning to catch you :) I know you have won this pickem before and always competing as well as Steak One was looking to repeat and Cal14 and a few others had a shot at the end . Thanks again. You are always among the most knowledgeable on this board and also great to get your POV while watching a game. It is looking like lots of great games through the playoffs and would be great to catch up again as with others on the board.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
I also want to give a shout out to Cal14. It's been a while since he has played this Pick'em game. But he has been highly successful in other Pick'em contests. He, Norcalsportfan and I get together for a game once in a while and Cal and I have worked on some common projects together. He is also quite knowledgeable and has a very sharp mind for HS football.
I'm pretty sure NCSF (Palma) and Cal14 are CCS guys what section do you rep FBAddict? I'm both a SJS and NCS guy.

I'm pretty sure NCSF (Palma) and Cal14 are CCS guys what section do you rep FBAddict? I'm both a SJS and NCS guy.
CCS also - However, like quite a few posters here, I am a fan of anywhere good HSFB is being played.

You could say Cal is also a SS section guy since he lives down there and catches some of the top games in that area.

CCS also - However, like quite a few posters here, I am a fan of anywhere good HSFB is being played.

You could say Cal is also a SS section guy since he lives down there and catches some of the top games in that area.
Since all of you guys are CCS posters my next question is when was the last time a poster from another section won Pick'em? Seems as if the CCS guys are the most knowledgeable posters on this site. I came in 2nd place a few years back and have a 3rd place showing as well. And btw, I got three perfect weekly pick'em scores the year I came in 2nd.

Yes I'm a Palma Alumni and follow the program and area (league) closely but also live and work in the Bay area (both sides of the Bay) and attend or keep abreast of the better teams in CCS and NCS and NorCal in general. I used to attend more games but now focus on the better matchup games (and now watch many streamed). I do attend 2-3 Palma games a year when visiting family or if they are up this way. The pickem has been going on for some time...both informal and formal recently over the years. I think one SJS member RunNShoot may have won it one or two years but haven't seen him on the board uin a couple years/. I think he may have moved out of state for work, but used to work recruiting camps he was also working in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Yes I'm a Palma Alumni and follow the program and area (league) closely but also live and work in the Bay area (both sides of the Bay) and attend or keep abreast of the better teams in CCS and NCS and NorCal in general. I used to attend more games but now focus on the better matchup games (and now watch many streamed). I do attend 2-3 Palma games a year when visiting family or if they are up this way. The pickem has been going on for some time...both informal and formal recently over the years. I think one SJS member RunNGun may have won it one or two years but haven't seen him on the board uin a couple years/. I think he may have moved out of state for work, but used to work recruiting camps he was also working in the early 2000s.
For you to be a mostly CCS and NCS guy you do very well with your SJS pick'ems. You seem to select winners in the SJS at a very high rate. I'm talking about the small schools that don't get much attention. That's quite shocking to me.

For you to be a mostly CCS and NCS guy you do very well with your SJS pick'ems. You seem to select winners in the SJS at a very high rate. I'm talking about the small schools that don't get much attention. That's quite shocking to me.

We may have too much time on our hands to do research. LOL My wife sure used to let me know but I think is resigned to the fact I am a prep football as one of our board members aptly describes Addict. LOL I also think it is a war of attrition. You can lose early and a few times big but as long as you are within 20-30 pts with a couple weeks to go you will be in the thick of it. I missed voting a week last year and had 2 other really bad picks and still placed but a couple perfect scores in a row didn't hurt. It seems a few members have a couple or three bad weeks and they drop out...but fact is to get to striking range in the last 3 weeks. Everyone has a couple bad weeks and sometimes more especially with StreakOne making it very difficult with some of these early obscure matchups (although frankly there is a huge benefit to these picks because you learn about these programs if you take a few minutes. I watched the Pleasant Valley v Chico game last night streamed and have watched a couple Chico games before but was completely blown away with the game environment (loud and packed and great high school football Friday night lights stadium) and thought the teams played really disciplined style of play. I was impressed and if I was at some point in the area on a Friday night I would definitely attend a game just for the experience. I enjoyed attending a Sutter Friday night game a couple years ago and thought it was outstanding. The thing about this sport is it is in many ways the purest of sports and coaching makes a huge difference as does dedication. In any event, when would you have time to know anything about Downey or Gregorio if you aren't local? Good stuff.

We may have too much time on our hands to do research. LOL My wife sure used to let me know but I think is resigned to the fact I am a prep football as one of our board members aptly describes Addict. LOL I also think it is a war of attrition. You can lose early and a few times big but as long as you are within 20-30 pts with a couple weeks to go you will be in the thick of it. I missed voting a week last year and had 2 other really bad picks and still placed but a couple perfect scores in a row didn't hurt. It seems a few members have a couple or three bad weeks and they drop out...but fact is to get to striking range in the last 3 weeks. Everyone has a couple bad weeks and sometimes more especially with StreakOne making it very difficult with some of these early obscure matchups (although frankly there is a huge benefit to these picks because you learn about these programs if you take a few minutes. I watched the Pleasant Valley v Chico game last night streamed and have watched a couple Chico games before but was completely blown away with the game environment (loud and packed and great high school football Friday night lights stadium) and thought the teams played really disciplined style of play. I was impressed and if I was at some point in the area on a Friday night I would definitely attend a game just for the experience. I enjoyed attending a Sutter Friday night game a couple years ago and thought it was outstanding. The thing about this sport is it is in many ways the purest of sports and coaching makes a huge difference as does dedication. In any event, when would you have time to know anything about Downey or Gregorio if you aren't local? Good stuff.
Good stuff NCSF. I have to depend on previous games when it comes to Downey and Gregorio. I'm like you when it comes to Streak1 obscure matchups. I take my time before selecting a winner. I also listen to what others on the board say before making my final selection. I actually put more time into the teams I know nothing about. But like yourself, I'm a football junkie/addict and Pick'ems is a very enjoyable event win, lose or draw.

First, thanks everyone for another good pick'em season. Will work on some fun questions to debate through the state finals for fun.

That was quite a stumble I had in the final week, but what can you do.

pantera-cat joins the contest and wins the last weekly title. Congrats and hope you play more next year.

Yearly Prizes:

FBAddict receives a one year subscritpion to NorCalPreps.com
SearsPoints receivers a one month susbcription to NorCalPreps.com

NorCalSportsFan, can you email me your address (norcalpreps@yahoo.com) and I'll send out the gift card.

Scores and standings go final at 7:00 PM on Monday.

Chico beat Pleasant Valley 17-10

West Valley beat Lassen 21-0

Pittsburg beat Antioch 42-10

Del Notre beat St. Bernard’s 42-31

Turlock beat Pitman 33-0

Ripon beat Modesto Christian 25-22

Central Catholic beat Oakdale 54-14

Oak Grove beat Lincoln 35-34

Palma beat Aptos 40-35

Sacred Heart Prep beat Terra Nova 40-28

Pantera-cat 52

MC415 46