ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D1 seeding?

Eastcountybball

Seasoned Veteran
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
Castro Valley is the clear #1 seed. Berkley probably gets #2 but after that it becomes muddy to me. If the committee goes by Maxpreps rankings then a number of teams will be seeded wrong. Do they reward league titles, pay attention to head to head matchups etc?
Thoughts?

It's been my experience that MaxPreps rankings play less of a role than league titles and head to head wins, assuming the teams are close. Strength of schedule and key wins are also big. NCS always seems to love the head to head though.

It's hard to ignore head-to-head. If my team beats your team, and our records are roughly similar, how can you argue my team isn't better? The scoreboard doesn't lie ...

It's hard to ignore head-to-head. If my team beats your team, and our records are roughly similar, how can you argue my team isn't better? The scoreboard doesn't lie ...

I totally agree. But I've just seen the NCS take it to extremes sometimes when records are not roughly similar.

The A beat B who beat C chain can get pretty ridiculous when C has a much better record and strength of schedule than A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT