ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D1

MoneyTeam0115

Sports Fanatic
Jul 14, 2015
Great matchups with the final four remaining. Any early thoughts. And people said Division 1 was down this year. I don't think so.

it is down and it is down big time 1-16, certainly don't see a D1 State Champion or an Open State finalist in this group

What do you consider down? These final four teams could def compete with the final four teams from last year. I think all four of these teams could beat Berkeley high school which played for a state championship last yr

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
14-16 was bad I agree. But even Mt Eden and Castro Valley at 13 and 12 were very solid teams. Clayton Valley at a 10 seed was also a good team. So I don't know what you consider down

I like all these match ups. DLS vs Heritage and Dublin vs Logan. Going to be great games. Anybody is capable of knocking the other off.
Not many people talk about Heritage but they are a quiet 25-3 and could most def beat DLS if they play well.

Heritage dela will be a great game can dela pull off a big road win or does
Heritage advance to there first ncs title game.I saw logan only scored 41pts
in there win vs castro valley that doesn't bode well for them being able to
keep up with the high potent offense of dublin.I got dela vs dublin for
round 3 in the finals.

I caught Heritage last night, and although they got it done in the clutch and beat the Uglies in what was a really good game, I wasn't impressed with their offense/shooting prowess. I don't see how they are going to score enough points against the stifling defense and slow pace that DLS brings.

The Pats are lead by their 2 senior guards, the Mack brothers, and as quick and athletic as they are, they continually took bad shots including multiple air balls and bad misses. They made up for it by getting after it on the glass and on D, but it almost cost them. I see DLS gritting a win out to set up another matchup with Dublin in the finals.

What do you consider down? These final four teams could def compete with the final four teams from last year. I think all four of these teams could beat Berkeley high school which played for a state championship last yr
I agree because even last year Berkeley wasn't the top favored team and made it to state.... It's the playoff,,,, just wondering who will be upset along the way...

I agree because even last year Berkeley wasn't the top favored team and made it to state.... It's the playoff,,,, just wondering who will be upset along the way...

That's because the top favored team DLS went to the Open Division. Berkeley did have a great postseason run, but DLS was the top team in D1 as well as all of NorCal last year.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
Also agree, but what is being stated is down Year due to who ever ends up winning D1 NCS will move onto Nor Cal Open. You are saying they will not be a great competitor like last year's DLS who won Nor Cal Open. However the 3 teams in the Semifinals that will move onto Nor Cal D1 could win and play at the State finals with all the top teams in Nor Cal playing in the Open Division.

Who besides DLS would even qualify for the Open if they won NCS D1? I do think Dublin could compete in the Open if they won, but they would need to opt up.

I would think that who ever wins NCS D1 would take the challenge of taking on the best in California. So of the four teams left the Winner gets the Open bid. Winning NCS provides the Battle Test to take on the best.

Here are few of my reasons for saying NCS D1 is down compared to recent prior years.
2016, DLS and Berkeley, play for State Championships, Berkeley was a 7 seed.
2015, SRV, a third place team in EBAL and NCS 3 seed wins a D1 State Championship
2014, MV, wins a state championship

I really don't think this year's group contains either 2 state finalists or a state champion

They may be competitive games in NCS, but won't do any damage vs the foes from down south

I am sure either of those 4 teams that win a ncs title and goes onto norcal will
be really pleased with there season and be competitive in norcals alot
as always will depend on match ups.

Ok, well after a few games, I love that it's #1 vs. #4 & #2 vs. #3, that's they way is should always shake out if they seed teams properly. Here are my takes on the games:

Dublin vs. James Logan- What a game this should be and I will be at this one. Dublin had a game on there hands Friday night and I think this might have been the best thing for them. Antioch is a tough team, well coached team and they play extremely hard, hats off to them for a great season, this program has come a long way over the past few seasons. Dublin got what they truly needed, a tough game, a game that requires them to play there top 7-8 guys for all of the game. This is playoff basketball and the Gaels were just given a glimpse of what's to come. Logan's guard play will be battle tested in this one. Falls, Beasley & Jackson make up the best combo in the area and they all 3 play both ends of the court, which give team fits and things won't be any difference here. Dublin in a very close game.

Heritage vs. DLS- I agree with observer, Heritage did not play well at all and still beat a very good Clayton team. The Mack brothers had an off night, I have seen them a few times this year and they are the real deal, quick, athletic but quality shot selection is not what they do best. DLS already makes you take bad shots, so thins might be a problem for the Patriots but I look for more drives, under control shots and aggressive on the glass at both ends & I feel Heritage will come away with a very close win. DLS has problems scoring the basketball on a consistent basis, O'Dea is there most consistent player, followed by Orr and then Headley, who has been playing well in his new starting roll. DLS bench is there weakness and this will get put to the test on Wednesday night in front of what should be a wild and crazy Brentwood crowd.

Hertiage & Dublin in the Finals, where will this game be played at?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT