ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Seeding Prediction

SheldonCooper

Superstar
Feb 13, 2014
1. Dublin - Easy pick at #1.
2. DLS - This could be Logan, but DLS seems to always get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to seedings.
3. Logan - Only losses have come to powerhouses. If they beat Moreau this week, they should be a lock at #3....maybe even #2.
4. San Leandro - Just because of their early loss to Logan, but they could easily be #2 or 3
5. College Park - Lost to Campo 2x and Logan beat them.
6. Arroyo - Nice record, but weak SOS.
7. Liberty
8. Monte Vista
9. Dougherty Valley
10. Napa
11. Amador Valley
12. Pitt
13. Heritage
14. Clayton Valley Charter or Irvington - Both have some bad losses, so this ones a toss up.

1.dublin
2.Logan (beat moreau and San leandro two quality wins)
3.san leandro (there win over O'dowd gets them at least a 3 seed)
4.dela (Logan and San leandro have better quality wins period)
5.liberty
6.college park
7.monte vista
8.doughtery valley
9.heritage
10.amador valley
11.napa
12.arroyo
13.pitt
14-16 cluster of teams battling for these spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: SheldonCooper
I see more D4 and D5 teams so I'll go there. I'll leave the big boys for the experts!
D4-
1. Branson(duh)
2. Fortuna(just keeps winning)
3. St. Marys
4. Piedmont
5. Marin Catholic
6. Healdsburg(losses to Ukiah and Rancho hurt)
7. Middletown(big game vs Clear Lake on Thursday)
8. Lick W

D5-
1. Stuart Hall
2. Clear Lake(if they end up 24-2 and 14-0 in league otherwise University)
3. University(2nd best team in this division)
4. Head Royce(at least 5 wins vs D5 teams competing for the 4-8 spots)
5. Bentley
6. Hoopa(seems like they can score with anybody)
7. Sonoma Academy
8. Berean Christian

Anything can happen but in D5 Stuart Hall seems to be the heavy favorite, as is Branson in the D4 bracket.

Fortuna and Clear Lake are from very far away, so tough for teams to prepare for them.....will be interesting to see if they are capable of doing much, since it seems both these divisions will run through Kezar and College of Marin respectively.

Anything can happen but in D5 Stuart Hall seems to be the heavy favorite, as is Branson in the D4 bracket.

Fortuna and Clear Lake are from very far away, so tough for teams to prepare for them.....will be interesting to see if they are capable of doing much, since it seems both these divisions will run through Kezar and College of Marin respectively.
Probably the only chance for an upset would be if Clear Lake gets the 2 and University the 3. They would then have to travel up into the hills in the semi's if it plays out that way. I still would expect a University v Stuart Hall final however...

watch out for Liberty in the playoffs.
Won 11 straight league games and dominating at this point.
good sleeper pick to win D1 . They beat Dublin a few years ago in the first round .

Anyone have a prediction for D2 and D3?
I'll take a shot at D2...
1. BOD
2. Moreau
3. San Lorenzo
4. Alameda
5. CN
6. Newman
7. Northgate
8. Santa Rosa
9. Bethel
10. Newark
11. Vallejo
12-14 Toss up and wouldn't be surprised if Washington (Fremont) sneaks in.

I'll take a swing at D3...

The #1 seed in NCS is a total mystery... Um.. not really.

#1 Salesian

From here it's a dogfight... I'll go with:

#2 Campo
#3 SPSV
#4 St. Joe's
#5 Miramonte
#6 Albany

(2 thru 6 could end up in just about any order, depending mostly on what happens in their remaining games this week. A sizeable dropoff to the next group...

#7 Piner
#8 San Marin
#9 Sir Francis Drake 'nother dropoff...

#10 San Rafael
#11 Alahambra
#12 Sonoma Valley
#13 San Rafael
#14 Novato
#15 Encinal
#16 Hayward

The last few, I don't know the playoff rules well enough to have any idea whether they qualify... Probably the top few seeds will end up with first-round byes.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood

#1 Salesian

#2 Campo
#3 SPSV
#4 St. Joe's
#5 Miramonte
#6 Albany

(2 thru 6 could end up in just about any order, depending mostly on what happens in their remaining games this week. A sizeable dropoff to the next group...

#7 Piner
#8 San Marin

#10 San Rafael
#11 Alahambra
#12 Sonoma Valley
#13 San Rafael
#14 Novato
#15 Encinal
#16 Hayward

The last few, I don't know the playoff rules well enough to have any idea whether they qualify... Probably the top few seeds will end up with first-round byes.
Do you put Campo ahead of SPSV even thought Campo lost their matchup? The seedlings for 2-6 are going to be a mess if Albany beats spsv tomorrow. They will all have advantages over each other.

I'll take a shot at D2...
1. BOD
2. Moreau
3. San Lorenzo
4. Alameda
5. CN
6. Newman
7. Northgate
8. Santa Rosa
9. Bethel
10. Newark
11. Vallejo
12-14 Toss up and wouldn't be surprised if Washington (Fremont) sneaks in.

Newman beat Alameda 55-44 this year plus they are league champs.
I think I would flip them. And if Newman wins league Tourney they could get #3 seed in front of San Lorenzo but at this point. I know SL beat Monty by 1 and Newman has 3 wins over Monty. They are probably pretty even matched.
Redwood is right behind Newman though. Very good team capable of making it to the champ game although I think pretty much everybody sees a Moreau and Odowd final.

I think D4 this year is really good btw. Don't sleep on Fortuna. They have 1 loss against an excellent Menlo Atherton team.

BOD
Moreau
San Lorenzo
Newman
Redwood
Monty/SR
Bethel
etc, etc,

SPSV beat Campo h2h.

#1 Salesian

#2 Campo
#3 SPSV
#4 St. Joe's
#5 Miramonte
#6 Albany

#7 Piner
#8 San Marin

#10 San Rafael
#11 Alahambra
#12 Sonoma Valley
#13 San Rafael
#14 Novato
#15 Encinal
#16 Hayward

Will be interesting to see if anyone can get into the mix in D2, seems like a BOD vs. Moreau final is a heavy favorite at this point.

SPSV beat Campo h2h.

Yes, they did.. I was there. Still, Campo is rated higher in MaxPreps, has a better win percentage against a higher strength-of-schedule... This win-percentage angle is still true even if you don't count SPSV's first two games (losses) when they had guys playing football. Despite that head-to-head matchup, I think Campo has had a better overall season... But I'll certainly admit it's darn close.

In any case, as I said earlier... #2-6 could go in just about any order.

Reactions: AndThree
NCS D2 Redwood vs. NCS D4 Branson on Friday night in the Marin County Athletic League championship should be a fun game in the North Bay. Both teams are playing well and healthy. Game is at Redwood at 7:30 PM.

Yes, they did.. I was there. Still, Campo is rated higher in MaxPreps, has a better win percentage against a higher strength-of-schedule... This win-percentage angle is still true even if you don't count SPSV's first two games (losses) when they had guys playing football. Despite that head-to-head matchup, I think Campo has had a better overall season... But I'll certainly admit it's darn close.

In any case, as I said earlier... #2-6 could go in just about any order.

The NCS committee has a history of defaulting to head to head whenever they can. Campo may indeed have a better team, and with all that youth they’re improving rapidly, but if they end up facing SPSV they’ll likely be on the road.

The NCS committee has a history of defaulting to head to head whenever they can. Campo may indeed have a better team, and with all that youth they’re improving rapidly, but if they end up facing SPSV they’ll likely be on the road.
Head to head has to be honored if the teams are even close record-wise. I too believe Campo is better. This isn’t the Raptors beating MJ’s Bulls. They are close when all are healthy and playing.

Head to head has to be honored if the teams are even close record-wise. I too believe Campo is better. This isn’t the Raptors beating MJ’s Bulls. They are close when all are healthy and playing.

I totally agree it should be honored in this instance. But the NCS committee would have seeded the Raptors ahead of MJ’s Bulls.

NCS D2 Redwood vs. NCS D4 Branson on Friday night in the Marin County Athletic League championship should be a fun game in the North Bay. Both teams are playing well and healthy. Game is at Redwood at 7:30 PM.

I like that Redwood team a lot but don't know if they can beat Branson. I wouldn't want to play them in D2 though. They are good enough to win a couple games and maybe upset a team.

#1 Salesian
#2 Campo
#3 St.Joes
#4 Albany
#5 SPSV
#6 Miramonte
#7 Piner
#8 Drake
#9 San Marin
#10 San Rafael
#11 Sonoma Valley
#12 Alhambra
#13 Novato
#14 Hayward
#15 Encinal
#16 Hercules

#1 Salesian
#2 Campo
#3 St.Joes
#4 Albany
#5 SPSV
#6 Miramonte
#7 Piner
#8 Drake
#9 San Marin
#10 San Rafael
#11 Sonoma Valley
#12 Alhambra
#13 Novato
#14 Hayward
#15 Encinal
#16 Hercules

I don’t think Novato, Hayward, Encinal or Hercules qualify for the playoffs. Top 4 should have a 1st round bye.

Reactions: AHSFan2019
San Lorenzo looks to really good and is undefeated in league. Led by a good point guard and possibly the MVP of the League Dionte Hill, strong scoring lefty in Saveon Campbe, and the glue guy Aaron Jacobs.

Thats a good win for San Lorenzo. I'm thinking they probably got the #3 seed with that win. Newman should be #4. (NCS D2). That second tier of D2 teams isn't shabby with San Lorenzo, Newman, Redwood, & Monty. But in terms of overall toughness D4 is going to be a battle. Some real quality teams at that level.

NCS D3 Bracket Predictions:

Salesian (1) bye
Miramonte (8) vs San Marin (9)

St. Pat's (4) vs Encinal (13)
Campolindo (5) vs Hayward (12)

Albany (2) bye
Drake (7) vs Sonoma Valley (10)

St. Joe's (3) vs Rancho Cotate (14)
Piner (6) vs Alhambra (11)

Last edited:
I don’t think Novato, Hayward, Encinal or Hercules qualify for the playoffs. Top 4 should have a 1st round bye.
I have Hayward and Encinal as both in, regardless of who wins tonight, and Rancho Cotate in as well.
Novato, San Rafael, and Hercules are out. Could be a 14 team field with 2 byes.

Last edited:
I have Hayward and Encinal as both in, regardless of who wins tonight, and Rancho Cotate in as well.
Novato, San Rafael, and Hercules are out. Could be a 14 team field with 2 byes.

Hayward is 7-12 and 3-6 in league. Encinal is 8-15 and 1-7 in league. Both must have played .500 vs D3 teams.

#1 Salesian

#2 Campo
#3 SPSV
#4 St. Joe's
#5 Miramonte
#6 Albany

#7 Piner
#8 San Marin

#10 San Rafael
#11 Alahambra
#12 Sonoma Valley
#13 San Rafael
#14 Novato
#15 Encinal
#16 Hayward

I've been told by
Hayward is 7-12 and 3-6 in league. Encinal is 8-15 and 1-7 in league. Both must have played .500 vs D3 teams.
Exactly. I have Hayward at 5-1 and Encinal at 4-3. They play tonight.

NCS D3 Bracket Predictions:

Salesian (1) bye
Miramonte (8) vs San Marin (9)

St. Pat's (4) vs Encinal (13)
Campolindo (5) vs Hayward (12)

Albany (2) bye
Drake (7) vs Sonoma Valley (10)

St. Joe's (3) vs Rancho Cotate (14)
Piner (6) vs Alhambra (11)
I don't think St. Joe's would be ahead of Campolindo and before Albany

Campolindo is a lock for 2 seed unless Albany pulls upset of the year vs. Salesian. Albany is the likely 4 seed, Spsv may drop to 6.

Boys, hold onto your seats! I think we're taking a trip back in time to.......Upset City! Grab some popcorn! I look for tonight's underdogs to get after it. @DonniePeckerwood is usually the guy for score predictions.

#buzzerbeaters
#UpsetCity

Last edited:
Montgomery will be tough out for somebody in D2 and they play Newman I think for the 4th time tonight in league tourney champ. (its hard to beat a good team 4x which Newman is going for).

Reactions: UncleYacht
Boys, hold onto your seats! I think we're taking a trip back in time to.......Upset City! Grab some popcorn! I look for tonight's underdogs to get after it. @DonniePeckerwood is usually the guy for score predictions.

#buzzerbeaters
#UpsetCity

Love myself some underrdogs this time of year. I cancelled a date tonight so that I could try and get score updates from friends and on https://ysn365.com --- the home of the classics! Some folks say these teams don't score the basketball too good, particularly Montgomery. I say something different. Give me the Vikings 97 to 96 in triple OT thriller tonight in the game of the year!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleYacht
Acalanes pulls off another upset beating Las Lomas 65-62, but is it too little too late for them to qualify for playoffs

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Love myself some underrdogs this time of year. I cancelled a date tonight so that I could try and get score updates from friends and on ysn365.com, the home of the classics! Some folks say these teams don't score the basketball too good, particularly Montgomery. I say something different. Give me the Vikings 97 to 96 in triple OT thriller tonight in the game of the year!!!!

No upset.. Newman wins and that is 13 in a row for them. Should get no worse than #4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT