ADVERTISEMENT

New Offers

Folsom's Dixie McLanahan has been offered by Air Force

University Prep's JoAnna Warren has been offered by Idaho State

Bishop O'Dowd post Madison Gordon has been offered by UC Riverside and Idaho State

Vista del Lago/Bay City 2025 guard Ella Skrzyniarz has committed to Cal Poly

Six-foot guard/wing Olivia Novi Christian Bros. ‘77/West Coast Elite, has been offered by Ivy League member Cornell U. and Cal Poly SLO.

Last edited:
I had a question for all the the know-it-alls on this board. I was looking on a few club Instagram pages and noticed 1-2 AAU teams posting pictures of kids getting "offers" from Community Colleges. Is this actually a thing? Early commitment to a CC? I always thought of CC as being a last resort, a way to work on your skills, or a place to go for extenuating circumstances. It seems like it's being celebrated like getting an offer to USC!

Reactions: bunnyhopninja
Riordan/Bay City 2025 guard Maxine Sutisna has committed to Cal State Fullerton

I had a question for all the the know-it-alls on this board. I was looking on a few club Instagram pages and noticed 1-2 AAU teams posting pictures of kids getting "offers" from Community Colleges. Is this actually a thing? Early commitment to a CC? I always thought of CC as being a last resort, a way to work on your skills, or a place to go for extenuating circumstances. It seems like it's being celebrated like getting an offer to USC!
anytime an athlete has an opportunity to play past high school is a reason to celebrate. playing good enough to play past high school is an accomplishment.. obviously there are levels to it, but why hate on someone's level?

if an aau team can tout their development acuity... move their athletes past high school... what's wrong with that?

if an athlete can announce that they are playing bkb somewhere, what's wrong with that?

you view it as a negative.. it's a positive for a lot of athletes. no need to hate.

social media age has made it necessary for community collleges to get into the game. kids love likes and followers, so if you are a JC and want to grab kids you make offers. being recruited is fun, and coaches can tell if a girl can play NCAA D1 or 2 pretty early. so why not grab their attention early

2025 Alexis Swillis at Clovis West has been offered by:
Cal
Grand Canyon
Nevada
Fresno State
San Jose State
San Diego
San Diego State
UC Santa Barbara
UNLV
Georgetown
UTSA
Hawaii
UOP
Santa Clara
Loyola Marymount

Here is a fun one.

Menlo's dynamic senior duo of Ruiqi Liu and Karen Xin, who have starred together for years, are taking their hoops collaboration to the next level. Both plan to attend the University of Chicago next year. Congrats to both.

Folsom senior Dixie McLanahan has committed to Air Force
I wish more athletes (assuming they have the grades) would consider attending one of the service academies. Looks great on your resume, great for your career after basketball, and great for personal development.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT