Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Los Gatos 2025 forward Ashley Childers has been offered by Sacramento State

Acalanes 2025 forward Dulci Vail has been offered by Sacramento State

Bishop O'Dowd 2025 post Madison Gordon has been offered by Pepperdine

Oak Ridge 2025 wing Liv Yergensen has been offered by Grand Canyon

Carondelet 2026 guard Layla Dixon has been offered by Portland

San Ramon Valley 2027 guard Carly Stern has been offered by Harvard

Oak Ridge 2025 wing Liv Yergensen has been offered by the University of Nebraska

McClatchy 2025 C/F/G Nina Cain has been offered by the University of Pennsylvannia (Penn--Ivy League) and the University of Washington

Radhika Garapaty, small forward ND San Jose '25 (Bueno Basketball), was offered by Yale.

TQ might be a beast but next month at
The Overtime Select games we will find
Out as she will be tested thoroughly…
She is not better than Jerzy is she?

Last edited:
TQ might be a beast but next month at
The Overtime Select games we will find
Out as she will be tested thoroughly…
She is not better than Jerzy is she?
Jerzey is a forward. I thought Taissa was a shooting guard? Hard to compare the two of that's the case.

Tiassa is NOT a shooting guard... she's a 6'1 any position player in the mold of a LeBron James type of basketball player (play all 5 positions). She can play guard if need be or go down on the block and post up.

If she's given the task of guarding Jerzy I'm sure she would accept with a smile and determination. She's very competitive and I think she would welcome the challenge.

I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

Reactions: observer22
Tiassa is NOT a shooting guard... she's a 6'1 any position player in the mold of a LeBron James type of basketball player (play all 5 positions). She can play guard if need be or go down on the block and post up.

If she's given the task of guarding Jerzy I'm sure she would accept with a smile and determination. She's very competitive and I think she would welcome the challenge.

I'm excited to see how it all turns out!
If "Tank" were a position, that's where Taissa should be listed. Terrific talent. But she (and almost everyone) would have a tough time guarding Jerzey on the perimeter.

Reactions: observer22
Faith Christian 2026 guard Lauren Harris has been offered by San Francisco State

Whitney 2025 wing Kendall Dykstra has been offered by Utah State

I saw Taissa play in their league championship game. She could do anything she wanted, any time, any place. Of course, the opponent that day was VERY overmatched... CN could have won by 30+ without Taissa playing.

But she was looking like the female Jason Kidd out there. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, more skilled. All she needed was a cape or a Batbelt or something. :)

I would have loved to have a chance to see her and CN play later, but timing didn't allow it.

Reactions: larry legend33
Update: Committed. Congrats! They have great pizza in New Haven.

So I have heard. When I joined the UConn message board, I spotted a big many,many,many-paged thread on "Best pizza in Connecticut" that has apparently been going for many years... One of these days, I'll have to sample their stuff...

I bet nobody can figure out why I joined that forum, huh? :)

Reactions: larry legend33
I saw Taissa play in their league championship game. She could do anything she wanted, any time, any place. Of course, the opponent that day was VERY overmatched... CN could have won by 30+ without Taissa playing.

But she was looking like the female Jason Kidd out there. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, more skilled. All she needed was a cape or a Batbelt or something. :)

I would have loved to have a chance to see her and CN play later, but timing didn't allow it.
Yeah Kidmann32. She is the real deal and that is actually a really good comparison. Def a more do it all person than scorer. Wish we had her longer at CN. She will be a nice player wherever she ends up going.

Heard there's another Brazilian on the way to Santa Rosa.

Menlo 2025 PG, Karen Xin, offered at Emory University. Xin is a three-time WBAL first team all-leaguer.

Heard there's another Brazilian on the way to Santa Rosa.
I find it really difficult to read your jealousy posts. You assist and Carondelet High School correct? Where is your lunch today with Commissioner Cruickshank?

My apologies. Cardinal Newman is an excellent program and has beaten us like a drum the last few times we've played them.

Success in basketball at all levels means having talented players, wherever they're from. Taissa Quieroz is a very good player and I'm glad she's here in Northern California -- and the more talent the area has, the better.

If my question offended you, I had no intention of doing so. I was just wondering if more talent was coming.

Monica is an outstanding coach, and Cardinal Newman is an outstanding program top to bottom.

Carondelet is pretty good and we hope we can do a better job next time we play you. As for our relations with NCS, we've had one player sit out an entire season not long ago that we felt was unjustified, and another sit out the COVID season plus one more. Maybe we should be taking Pat out to dinner, instead of lunch, and at better restaurants ...

My apologies. Cardinal Newman is an excellent program and has beaten us like a drum the last few times we've played them.

Success in basketball at all levels means having talented players, wherever they're from. Taissa Quieroz is a very good player and I'm glad she's here in Northern California -- and the more talent the area has, the better.

If my question offended you, I had no intention of doing so. I was just wondering if more talent was coming.

Monica is an outstanding coach, and Cardinal Newman is an outstanding program top to bottom.

Carondelet is pretty good and we hope we can do a better job next time we play you. As for our relations with NCS, we've had one player sit out an entire season not long ago that we felt was unjustified, and another sit out the COVID season plus one more. Maybe we should be taking Pat out to dinner, instead of lunch, and at better restaurants ...
My only recommendation to you is to have other people post before you when you have what may seem to be inside information.

I really didn't say anything except I had heard a rumor -- and rumors are sort of the lifeblood of social media. If we didn't talk about rumors, site traffic would diminish.

I really didn't say anything except I had heard a rumor -- and rumors are sort of the lifeblood of social media. If we didn't talk about rumors, site traffic would diminish.
And that is exactly why I made the comment about your(specifically you - not Carondelet) relationship with the Commissioner. Keep up the good work.

Per JBS Basketball on Instagram:
Nina Cain, C/O 2025 (McClatchy) has finalized her Final Four schools!! Cal, Arizona, Washington and Northwestern! Just Believe!

She was also offered from the Univ. of Pennsylvania (Penn--an Ivy League) among many other offers, but apparently didn't make the final four.

Cal is a struggling program, but far from dysfunctional. Charmin Smith does what she can with the hand she is dealt. It's possible moving to the weaker ACC will get Cal closer to the tournament with the same level of talent, and with a player or two like Cain, could become much more relevant.

It's likely, by the way, that Stanford and Cal will be close to the same level this year. Stanford's talent level has dropped precipitously.

I think Cal has an advantage in the portal. In general, and for good reason, players and families tend to believe the hype about their high school exploits. At 17, the WNBA and being a professional basketball player is a possibility, not a dream.

But after a year or two in college, reality will set in, and it becomes clear that though the girl is a good player, she's not great -- and isn't going to get rich playing in the W or overseas. At that point, a quality education moves way up the priority list, as do other things (close to home, good weather, etc.), and I think Cal is well positioned to pick up those kinds of good players as junior transfers.

I think Cal has an advantage in the portal. In general, and for good reason, players and families tend to believe the hype about their high school exploits. At 17, the WNBA and being a professional basketball player is a possibility, not a dream.

But after a year or two in college, reality will set in, and it becomes clear that though the girl is a good player, she's not great -- and isn't going to get rich playing in the W or overseas. At that point, a quality education moves way up the priority list, as do other things (close to home, good weather, etc.), and I think Cal is well positioned to pick up those kinds of good players as junior transfers.
I like your reasoning, but in the last 4 years, where is evidence that it's happening? I like Smith as a person and coach, but any head coach at Cal must be frustrated. They're never gonna be a top level team in the big sports (football, basketball, baseball, soccer).

Things have changed dramatically in the last four years. I think the "new normal" is just beginning to become clear to everyone involved.

Christian Brothers/CA Ballaz 2025 guard Aleyah Harmon has been offered by Siena.

Los Gatos/Team NorCal 2025 forward Ashley Childers has been offered by UC Riverside.

Reactions: Mustange76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT