ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2024 Football Schedules

Got to hand it to McClymonds also playing Riordan and San Ramon Valley in the early nonleague part of the season. Not sure why DelOro would cancel so late. Are they really down this season? Lancers should be decent as usual but may only be middle of the pack in the WCAL which is still a very good team. Strange the game was cancelled so late. They even have a week off to prepare for Oak Ridge

Got to hand it to McClymonds also playing Riordan and San Ramon Valley in the early nonleague part of the season. Not sure why DelOro would cancel so late. Are they really down this season? Lancers should be decent as usual but may only be middle of the pack in the WCAL which is still a very good team. Strange the game was cancelled so late. They even have a week off to prepare for Oak Ridge
As mentioned in another thread and listed on Maxpreps, DO is playing Placer that week. I don't know if this was a double-booking issue or something else. CalPreps still shows the DO/SF game. Although I think the DO matchup was better, Mack is a good one too.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
semi-off topic here, but the headscratcher for me is... McClymonds at Berean Christian on 10/5.

I bet that's a 50-0 game... before halftime.

Put two and two together…just like D.O. is cancelling games late for lesser opponents, Mack is scheduling late for tougher opponents.

D.O. saw they were down and and started cancelling games for lesser opponents, Mack landed some transfers and started scheduling tougher opponents. Mack was scheduling cupcakes before they hit big in the portal, hence Berean.

Put two and two together…just like D.O. is cancelling games late for lesser opponents, Mack is scheduling late for tougher opponents.

D.O. saw they were down and and started cancelling games for lesser opponents, Mack landed some transfers and started scheduling tougher opponents. Mack was scheduling cupcakes before they hit big in the portal, hence Berean.
You're going to need to explain to me how an Oakland public school which is bound by their geographical limitations on what students can enroll there is winning at the portal game? Perception is reality and no family in their right mind wants to live much less raise their kids in crappy, crime-infested, lawless Oakland (sorry, I wish this was not the case).

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
You're going to need to explain to me how an Oakland public school which is bound by their geographical limitations on what students can enroll there is winning at the portal game? Perception is reality and no family in their right mind wants to live much less raise their kids in crappy, crime-infested, lawless Oakland (sorry, I wish this was not the case).
McClymonds has built a winning program over several years. They have commited Coach's, and
several old time graduates supporting them.
It begges the question ? Why has their Basketball program not have the same results ?
I was told that the Coach dosen't like to " share "

Here's wishing you great Football

I don’t know Geary, ask the QB from Danville how and why he ended up at McClymonds LOL

Perception is reality and no family in their right mind wants to live much less raise their kids in crappy, crime-infested, lawless Oakland (sorry, I wish this was not the case).
igb.....take your foggy perceived perceptions and keep it on your side of the bridge. I chose Oakland 50 years ago after finishing up at Cal. I raised a family for more than 30 years in Oakland . Concrete Jr did all his schooling and athletic participation in the East Bay. He left long enough to do his matriculation at Northwestern where he graduated with academic honors at the top of his class with a degree in engineering and as an athletic all American. We had no problem raising him in Oakland. We have no problem with our life's choices.
......and oh the only time we have had any brush with lawlessness and crime infestation was on you side of the Bay, once while dining in the Sunset and once while doing a construction project at Fisherman's Wharf. Might want to be sure that stall door is closed tight before sharing unsolicited odors.
concrete 17

The CCS/WCAL Season officially kicks off this Monday, Aug 5th, with teams able to begin practice.
Who do you got for order of WCAL finish? CCS Open qualifying teams?

igb.....take your foggy perceived perceptions and keep it on your side of the bridge. I chose Oakland 50 years ago after finishing up at Cal. I raised a family for more than 30 years in Oakland . Concrete Jr did all his schooling and athletic participation in the East Bay. He left long enough to do his matriculation at Northwestern where he graduated with academic honors at the top of his class with a degree in engineering and as an athletic all American. We had no problem raising him in Oakland. We have no problem with our life's choices.
......and oh the only time we have had any brush with lawlessness and crime infestation was on you side of the Bay, once while dining in the Sunset and once while doing a construction project at Fisherman's Wharf. Might want to be sure that stall door is closed tight before sharing unsolicited odors.
concrete 17
Credit to you Concrete. Nothing but praise from me on your accomplishments and your son's. Society needs more of you and my perception opinion goes for both sides of the Bay. It just was not communicated by me on my post. You are correct about SF as well.

For awhile now, WCAL football has been dominated by Serra and St. Francis. These two have been league champions for the bulk of the last ten or so years. This pair _ one or the other or both_ could be plugged in as favorites from the get-go. Not this year. Both will be very competitive but Riordan appears to be the pre-season choice for the 2024 title. It's probably the Crusaders' crown to lose. After the Phelan Avenue (oops) teens, it should be a scramble. SHC and Bellarmine seem likely basement selections. VC, SI, SF and Serra should fight it out for second through fifth. Mitty? Unclear at this juncture. We'll know a lot more when complete varsity rosters are posted late this month.

Credit to you Concrete. Nothing but praise from me on your accomplishments and your son's. Society needs more of you and my perception opinion goes for both sides of the Bay. It just was not communicated by me on my post. You are correct about SF as well.
Definitely nothing personal Primo. I'm sure we might have a similar conversation about some of our in-laws. Come over to a DLS football game this fall and stop by the souvenir Programs table at the (O-O) FB Field entrance, give a shoutout, get a Spartan special. Meet the Crete

For awhile now, WCAL football has been dominated by Serra and St. Francis. These two have been league champions for the bulk of the last ten or so years. This pair _ one or the other or both_ could be plugged in as favorites from the get-go. Not this year. Both will be very competitive but Riordan appears to be the pre-season choice for the 2024 title. It's probably the Crusaders' crown to lose. After the Phelan Avenue (oops) teens, it should be a scramble. SHC and Bellarmine seem likely basement selections. VC, SI, SF and Serra should fight it out for second through fifth. Mitty? Unclear at this juncture. We'll know a lot more when complete varsity rosters are posted late this month.
Serra won WCAL titles in 2014, 16, 17, 19, 22 and 23 and went 3-0 vs. the best teams in the pandemic shortened 2020 season.

The Lancers had two outright crowns and two co-titles during that period. Serra had three outright and four co-tiles. So, basically, the two of them have pretty much been the WCAL's Big Dogs for just over ten campaigns. And, yes, that 5-0 Serra unit in 2020 was outstanding. Probably would have swept into the league championship. But the pandemic put a kibosh on that. And thanks for the solid info, parkdale. Nice work.

1. JS (could fall to #3 with a rough season)
2. AR (but a disciplined season could take #1)
3. SF (might garner #2)
4. SI (or #5)
5. VC (or #4)
6. SH
7. AM
8. BCP (could find their way back up the ranks this year)
Good breakdown. I see the top three as tier one (with Serra and Riordan higher than SF), then SI and VC in some order then the bottom three in some order.

I doubt we see an undefeated team in the WCAL this season

The Padres, lacking an experienced passing QB, will probably be run-heavy this year. Additionally, look for between 12-15 sophs to play significant snaps. Serra will be young, fast and athletic. Defense will have to be rebuilt. Special teams should be good.

Reactions: FBAddict
The Padres, lacking an experienced passing QB, will probably be run-heavy this year. Additionally, look for between 12-15 sophs to play significant snaps. Serra will be young, fast and athletic. Defense will have to be rebuilt. Special teams should be good.
Agree with your assessment. O-line should be a strength with three standouts that I’m aware of. Barrett is also a really good returning starter at corner.

Do you really think so?
A 1 win season Is better? But the Race btwn; The Bells & the Irish with be the alternative universe to watch to for who is at the bottom.

How about we just state the truth; “ SHC can’t be Any Worse”

#RealTalk
#They(R)notlikeUs:)

1. JS (could fall to #3 with a rough season)
2. AR (but a disciplined season could take #1)
3. SF (might garner #2)
4. SI (or #5)
5. VC (or #4)
6. SH
7. AM
8. BCP (could find their way back up the ranks this year)
I think the top half of the WCAL is real crap shoot as I think AR, SF, and SI are all similar in strength and JS having a rebuild year. We'll know soon enough in a few weeks.

Reactions: FBAddict
I think the top half of the WCAL is real crap shoot as I think AR, SF, and SI are all similar in strength and JS having a rebuild year. We'll know soon enough in a few weeks.
As Prince would say. “ Hey Niki”,..

But I would update to present…I woud not include SI INTO “Top of the League”

I and many others would agree that Riordan, St. Francis & Serra would state that SI,…

#IsNotLikeUs🎼
#KingsOfKezar-Bac2Bac

As Prince would say. “ Hey Niki”,..

But I would update to present…I woud not include SI INTO “Top of the League”

I and many others would agree that Riordan, St. Francis & Serra would state that SI,…

#IsNotLikeUs🎼
#KingsOfKezar-Bac2Bac
Oh no, he's back!

Riordan is only good on paper and football camps. Get to the 2nd round of the playoffs and then let's talk.

Oh no, he's back!

Riordan is only good on paper and football camps. Get to the 2nd round of the playoffs and then let's talk.
SI lost to the same team - at home. Year 2 for Vandermade and BCP's Diaz-Infante so we should get a better idea of where these programs are going under their guidance. Appears both schools are getting some transfers and lost a few to transfer? Though SI is under investigation.
Year 3 for SHC's Evans and Ravipati, so these programs are now fully under the tutelage of these coaches. Overall, I believe the entire league will be much more competitive with Riordan, St. Francis and Serra the top three.

Last edited:
Reactions: STRAIGHTFOOTBALL
Oh no, he's back!

I never go away, just call out BS or over hyping s program not worthy,… by bad you got caught up again🤣🤣

I always thought when a poster scripts a message board version of War & Peace,..is searching for verbiage to support a bogus point

#They(WeR)NotLikeUs🎼

Last edited:
SI lost to the same team - at home. Year 2 for Vandermade and BCP's Diaz-Infante so we should get a better idea of where these programs are going under their guidance. Appears both schools are getting some transfers and lost a few to transfer? Though SI is under investigation.
Year 3 for SHC's Evans and Ravipati, so these programs are now fully under the tutelage of these coaches. Overall, I believe the entire league will be much more competitive with Riordan, St. Francis and Serra the top three.
Your Riordan team was knocked out in the 1st Rd. when the games counted most. Make it to the 2nd Rd of the playoffs so I can take you seriously.

What did your coach do his 1st year on the job? I'll wait.

Our Coach made it to the 2nd Rd of the playoffs in his 1st year which says the most about where his program is heading and we're going to be better this year.

Your Riordan team was knocked out in the 1st Rd. when the games counted most. Make it to the 2nd Rd of the playoffs so I can take you seriously.

What did your coach do his 1st year on the job? I'll wait.

Our Coach made it to the 2nd Rd of the playoffs in his 1st year which says the most about where his program is heading and we're going to be better this year.
SI barely beat VC in the first round. How did Vandermade do his first year against Riordan with Regalia’s team? I’ll wait. You might want to worry about that CIF investigation. Good luck against powerhouse Tam.

Reactions: STRAIGHTFOOTBALL
SI barely beat VC in the first round. How did Vandermade do his first year against Riordan with Regalia’s team? I’ll wait. You might want to worry about that CIF investigation. Good luck against powerhouse Tam.
I think you are in the know about this investigation. Please do tell. SI has deep pockets. Im sure they can jedi mind trick this investigation away. ... Im jus sayin: looks interesting how the last 2-3 years we are seeing a lot of polynesian student-athletes at SI. ... very interesting.

VC lost that Si game . Si because of stupid play calling by VC in the last seconds of the game. SI Walked away with it . If you watch the Serra v Si game They totally shit the bed coaching on down . Hell the QB tapped out of the game . So regardless of everyone narrative on the chat SI is basically the bottom of the top 4 teams in WCAL . Even Riordian has shit the bed when they play a team of any talent and coaching. So saying they are the kings of WCAL ain't saying much. LEGIT teams and coaching in WCAL are SF , JS , Riordian rest are honestly trash and that's the reality. When there are only 3-5 teams in a league that are worth a crap ain't saying much. Hell every year JS goes down to So Cal they get ass raped because JS coaches run the same shit they run all yr. Its screwed up for the JS players that the coach is a arrogant dumb shit

SI beat VC twice in back to back weekends. They had their chance but were just out coached. A win is a win and we were 2-0 against a huge VC team last year.

You guys just need to worry about winning a playoff game.

VC lost that Si game . Si because of stupid play calling by VC in the last seconds of the game. SI Walked away with it . If you watch the Serra v Si game They totally shit the bed coaching on down . Hell the QB tapped out of the game . So regardless of everyone narrative on the chat SI is basically the bottom of the top 4 teams in WCAL . Even Riordian has shit the bed when they play a team of any talent and coaching. So saying they are the kings of WCAL ain't saying much. LEGIT teams and coaching in WCAL are SF , JS , Riordian rest are honestly trash and that's the reality. When there are only 3-5 teams in a league that are worth a crap ain't saying much. Hell every year JS goes down to So Cal they get ass raped because JS coaches run the same shit they run all yr. Its screwed up for the JS players that the coach is a arrogant dumb shit
The Serra play calling in that Championship game last year was embarrassing.

Riordan should be beating teams by 30+pts with the talent they have. But then again, it comes down to discipline and coaching.

Another 1st Rd. exit for the Purple People Eaters in 2024.

The Serra play calling in that Championship game last year was embarrassing.

Riordan should be beating teams by 30+pts with the talent they have. But then again, it comes down to discipline and coaching.

Another 1st Rd. exit for the Purple People Eaters in 2024.
What plays would you have called? Bosco lost to MD 35-7 the game before Serra played MD. Do you know more about football than the staff of Serra/Bosco?

Last edited:
What plays would you have called? Bosco lost to MD 35-7 the game before Serra played MD. Do you know more about football than the staff of Serra/Bosco?
When you start running gimmick sets like Serra did that didnt work. Thats when you know you've lost the game.
Walsh was out coached by Mater Dei's longtime D-Coordinator Ernie Johnson. He made their 1st year HC McManus look like he knew a thing or two about football.
Football becomes a chess match when all things are equal. Unfortunately, Walsh thought he was playing checkers.

Dont let me get started on the embarrassing cultural approriation and pandering going on at Serra with the Polynesian community.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT