ADVERTISEMENT

Nike TOC Joe Smith Bracket

Mitty in the Joe Smith....here we go again....no way....
Not deserved...
Don't buy the Kool-Aid

But notice this is the preliminary bracket...
I will be interesting to see if they change it by tomorrow

Mitty in the Joe Smith....here we go again....no way....
Not deserved...
Don't buy the Kool-Aid
Jazzpt, why so much hate on Archbishop Mitty? I know several of the families whose daughters play on that team. What a great young group, so I have to ask why you're such a hater?

You hate on Miramonte for not playing on the days you think they should play, now you hate on Mitty for playing the against the best teams in the TOC. Why so much hate?

I suspect the Final Joe Smith should/will have Brea instead of Mitty
in the Joe Smith....many down in LA think Brea is better than MD

Yes and I don't think Larry Beil is Hawaiian, unless of course all that move to Hawaii at any point in their life become Hawaiian.

The hot yoga and spandex must be taking it's toll on chunky Dave!

Larry used to do the news...
I think my better half knows him
Are you from Hawaii...look up my wife Audria Wilson....
she is famous in Hawaii...I am not...
btw How does Mitty go from playing undefeated monster Dillard to what ...8-3 MCD...
I smell a rat

Sure, Sue Phillips called up Steve Kozaki to change the bracket ... please.

Miami Country Day, by the way, is considered one of the best teams in Florida and has played a much tougher schedule than Dillard. Two of those three losses are to No. 2 Riverdale Baptist and No. 3 Paul VI.

My experience with the WCJ and the Nike TOC suggests that many of the schedule changes have to do with arrival times in Phoenix rather than any jiggering of the brackets. Those who know much feel that Dillard is an easier matchup than Miami Country Day, but jazzpt is always looking for that conspiracy.

Do you want to rag on Miramonte's schedule again while you're at it?

Larry still does the news. In addition to doing the news here he also did the news in Bristol and yes Hawaii but not Hawaiian. I either know this because I know him or read it on the Internet. At least we both have something in common in not being famous but I don't wear LuLu's to work like you get to. Stay thirsty my friend.

Did you mean lavalava?
Mine is in storage somewhere...I used to wear it sometimes with my Samoan buddies....
I know Larry still does the news...he still throws in that old tag line...every once in a while...

My rag was on the coach who tried to sell us that Wyoming was the Nike TOC....
Don't pee on my foot and tell me its raining...

Where is/was Miramonte at the Nike TOC, DC T9.....WCJ..did they go to the Iolani Classic(oh that is right the Molinas sent him back home last year).....
nope they are at Lake Oswego High School...

at least this year he isn't telling us that is the same as the Nike TOC...

Reactions: hoopisthegame
The Title IX is an invitational tournament, as I understand it, and they pay the way of the teams they invite. They're not paying for two NorCal teams in one event ...

Miramonte has been to the Nike TOC, but not this year. Instead, the schedule includes no gimmes (outside of league). The Oregon tournament is pretty good (it's a Nike event) but not great. I don't think SHC is playing at the TOC, nor is Brookside. Both are in the Jamboree, which is good but not great.

It's odd that jazzpt holds on to these grudges/dislikes/whatever. There seems to be no real reason for hating Sue and Kelly, but it's pretty clear rationality takes a leave when he posts about either one.

Clay,

You are doing a good job each year with the WCJ. I think Nike should sponsor and really get behind WCJ so we can make WCJ the biggest high school girls event in the nation. We're in the beautiful and exciting San Francisco Bay area. There really aren't many more desirable areas to host events. We have the NBA world champions here among us. Who is playing better ball than we are in the Bay? What can us local folks do to help you and WCJ grow even larger? It is always a fun time when WCJ host many of the nation's best teams/players in our own back yard.

Once again I am looking forward to your event.

Paytc

Last edited:
Reactions: northbaybbguru
Thanks Paytc ... we're working with Nike a little this year (game balls), and hoping to grow that relationship. At a certain point, though, events get too large (which is why we cut it off at 128), and the more elite teams you add, the more headaches you tend to have.

Schools like Bentley are just happy to be here; others often have expectations of how they will be treated.

I don't think you want to get too caught up in big names as much as wanting to provide a great tournament for the masses. This is why I have enjoyed the west coast jamboree because you can see a lot of teams and various levels.

Plus, you don't have as many conspiracy theorist like Jazz questioning the bracket placement of Sue Phillips.

You just hit on a key point: From the start, the size of the Jamboree hasn't been about just having a bunch of teams, but rather being able to sort teams into competitive brackets. Too often, smaller schools are invited to tournament just to be cannon fodder for the host school in the first round -- this way, there's an attempt to make sure everyone has a chance to win two games if they play well.

Granted, it's fun to have the elite teams and the out-of-state teams, but I'm pretty sure the girls from the small schools enjoy the whole experience more.

Mitty, MM, MD, SMS.....I just don't like most of the favorites never have....
you can keep them all...

I read this thread and laughed. Thanks!

We do live in a beautiful area and it does deserve a great basketball jamboree.

Where is LBP? The Socal saying Maxpreps this the rankings from Socal....
wtf.....where is LBP?

: : Today's latest MaxPreps Rankings: :
1 Chaminade (West Hills) 5-0-0
: : 2 Brea Olinda (Brea) 5-0-0
: : 3 Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth) 10-0-0
: : 4 Santa Barbara 8-0-0
: : 5 Roosevelt (Eastvale) 7-0-0
: : 6 Cajon (San Bernardino) 3-1-0
: : 7 Sonora (La Habra) 7-0-0
: : 8 Vista Murrieta (Murrieta) 7-1-0
: : 9 Ribet Academy (Los Angeles) 5-0-0
: : 10 Patriot (Riverside) 11-0-0
: : 11 Valley View (Moreno Valley) 9-0-0
: : 12 Mater Dei (Santa Ana) 9-0-0
: : 13 Valencia 6-2-0
: : 14 Troy (Fullerton) 6-2-0
: : 15 Rowland (Rowland Heights) 8-1-0
: : 16 Diamond Bar 8-0-0
: : 17 Oaks Christian (Westlake Village) 3-1-0
: : 18 Harvard-Westlake (Studio City) 6-1-0
: : 19 Serra (Gardena) 6-3-0
: : 20 Arroyo Grande 4-0-0
: : 21 Canyon (Anaheim) 7-0-0
: : 22 El Rancho (Pico Rivera) 8-2-0
: : 23 JW North (Riverside) 7-1-0
: : 24 La Canada 7-0-0
: : 25 Huntington Beach 5-1-0

As mentioned, these MaxPreps rankings are computer-generated and wildly inaccurate until a lot of games have been played. (And since many areas of the country don't enter all their games, and don't check to make sure what's posted is correct, the national computer rankings aren't that solid either.)

By season's end, the computer rankings will be very close to reality ...

Makes a lot of sense since currently Liberty is ranked number 1 in NCS. Miramonte, Salesian etc are lower.
Liberty is having a nice start to there season but no way they are even a top 15 team in overall NCS.

Clayk, does "str" in the Maxpreps ranking system mean strength of schedule? I've noticed some head to head winners of games are ranked lower than those they beat on that website.

That does mean strength of schedule, and again, until more data is entered, the algorithm is pretty wacky.

Thanks. Is there an incentive to schedule soft pre conference games? Do post season play off seedings look at win loss or strength of schedule?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT