ADVERTISEMENT

No Carr or Emeneke at Riordan?

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
So Riordan looked like the team to beat on paper and now all of a sudden their two biggest pieces will be not eligible and playing at Redwood.

Riordan still has Bush, Hillman l, Tofi Jr (Cal football commit) and a great little freshman in Jack Loevener but are they the best non-prep team in the Bay Area still?

So Riordan looked like the team to beat on paper and now all of a sudden their two biggest pieces will be not eligible and playing at Redwood.

Riordan still has Bush, Hillman l, Tofi Jr (Cal football commit) and a great little freshman in Jack Loevener but are they the best non-prep team in the Bay Area still?
Did they run out of NIL money? Hilman and Rencher is all you need.

redwood needs to be investigated. for two kids to leave the top program in nor cal for a random public school is extremely fishy and reeks of 504 violations.

redwood needs to be investigated. for two kids to leave the top program in nor cal for a random public school is extremely fishy and reeks of 504 violations.

Investigated??? Why? This wasnt those kids first or 2nd Choice.

But when things get this late, I think that kids/parents/handlers often look for a Solid program that plays tough competition and a great coach that does things the right way.

Not saying that either is the case but just because a school gets kids doesnt ALWAYS mean recruiting is happening.

Some programs do things the right way, play the right way and are coached the right way. When that happens People tend to rather play there than other schools.

Jay is a Great guy at Redwood. I doubt he over there recruiting.

Did they run out of NIL money? Hilman and Rencher is all you need.
I'm guessing CCS eligibility issues played a part in them transferring to another Section. I wonder if this will affect their other transfers - Armstrong (from Branson) and Seals (from Santa Cruz) , and any Int'l students that may have transferred in thru the Boarding program?

Investigated??? Why? This wasnt those kids first or 2nd Choice.

But when things get this late, I think that kids/parents/handlers often look for a Solid program that plays tough competition and a great coach that does things the right way.

Not saying that either is the case but just because a school gets kids doesnt ALWAYS mean recruiting is happening.

Some programs do things the right way, play the right way and are coached the right way. When that happens People tend to rather play there than other schools.

Jay is a Great guy at Redwood. I doubt he over there recruiting.
when a mediocre program gets multiple of elite talents transferring in the same off season it is always because of recruiting.

I'm guessing CCS eligibility issues played a part in them transferring to another Section. I wonder if this will affect their other transfers - Armstrong (from Branson) and Seals (from Santa Cruz) , and any Int'l students that may have transferred in thru the Boarding program?

Emeneke was there last year so Im not sure what eligibility issues there would be this season. Thats a meaningful loss for Riordan because every elite team needs a defensive-minded center.

Been thinking of the tremendous amount of talent that has gone through that program the last 10 years but not one (except Ferrari [G-League]) has made any real dent on the national college stage or almost pro. It just shows are extremely difficult it is to make it.

The last WCAL player to have such a showing was Trammell on San Diego St.... Feel free to chime if you know of any from the last 10-15 years.

when a mediocre program gets multiple of elite talents transferring in the same off season it is always because of recruiting.

lol what, the big private schools lost kids to a small public school ?? Let’s investigate them?? You are so soft.

Reactions: CoachDViks

STILL? Are you referring to being best on paper? Last year they were also supposed to be the best. I think DLS, Salesian, and MC would have given them a run for their money (and probably won) even with TT and Emeneke. Individual stars and iso basketball don't necessarily make a great team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT