ADVERTISEMENT

No local players in 2018 Rivals250

Not a lot of CA players period - less than 10% - what is the list based upon, offers or Rival camps? So, maybe Coeur d'Alene will give Folsom a game, they have the #111 player on the list.

Not a lot of CA players period - less than 10% - what is the list based upon, offers or Rival camps? So, maybe Coeur d'Alene will give Folsom a game, they have the #111 player on the list.

Seems to me Nor Cal kids in general have lacked respect from Rivals in the past, excluding Streak.

2018 does look down as far as elite players in NorCal. 2019 is another story - very strong class and 2020 as well. Will be interesting to see if that impacts Norcal in the state bowl games.

I still can't believe how big these "kids" are nowadays,where a 300 lb lineman is the norm. Anyone else remember the Sports Illustrated cover in the late 80's with "The Incredible Bulk" Tony Mandarich that talked about how he was the best O-Line prospect ever part of which was because he was 300+ lbs?

I still can't believe how big these "kids" are nowadays,where a 300 lb lineman is the norm. Anyone else remember the Sports Illustrated cover in the late 80's with "The Incredible Bulk" Tony Mandarich that talked about how he was the best O-Line prospect ever part of which was because he was 300+ lbs?

I have a theory about high school kids that weigh in excess of 300 pounds. Most would be better players if they carried 275-280, as in my opinion it's not a very natural weight for kids under 18 years old. In fact in Nor Cal the only kid that I thought was a really good player carrying more than 300 pounds was Khalil McKenzie.

Bubba Paris was considered fat at 300 and the Niners insisted on him losing weight lol

Reactions: Bubba3000
Some of the most über hyped/over recruited guys in the East Bay have busted in Football at the D1 level in the last five years. Thankfully guys like Browning and Goff can back it up, although getting under C for Goff is new territory. He's the rook in this season's Hard Knocks.

Great "big guy" story is Takkarist McKinley out of JFK-Richmond, originally headed to Cal, now a Bruin. 6-3 235 DE who ran a 10.6 100m in HS? He actually won that at the Stanford Invitational. Have your flab, I'll take the fa(s)t kid.

First, that Idaho team is going to get boat raced by Folsom. I say 4+ TD. Welcome to the blue turf and another great Folsom team.

Also, I will take speed over fat kids anyday as well. Kids that are 6"5 240-250 in HS that can run. They will add 25 lbs at the next level. Teams are going back to lighter/leaner players especially on the D line.

Reactions: feedback1
LL33 has it right, keep the "s" in fat --- fast is better than fat and bigger ain't always better!

Larry legend, do you know anything about the team from Idaho to predict that outcome? I do hope you're correct in your prediction though. Go Folsom!

First, that Idaho team is going to get boat raced by Folsom. I say 4+ TD. Welcome to the blue turf and another great Folsom team.

Also, I will take speed over fat kids anyday as well. Kids that are 6"5 240-250 in HS that can run. They will add 25 lbs at the next level. Teams are going back to lighter/leaner players especially on the D line.

Coeur d'Alene does have a junior QB, Colson Yankoff, already committed to Oregon. But I agree, I'd be pretty surprised if they hung with Folsom.

I do think Folsom will comeback to earth at some point. They were pretty average before Troy Taylor joined that coaching staff, he'll be tough to replace.

Their QB is the real deal. Heard rumblings about him from Oregon peeps. He's tall and athletic but no way can they match up with one of the best programs in the state of ca. It won't be close. Trust me. Folsom is loaded again. Size and speed all over the field. Biggest loss for them is O line though. They had a college line last year. If they can fill that void look out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT