ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Bowl Game Thread - Friday Edition

Central has been loaded the last 4 years. sent several guys to oklahoma, utah, fresno st. Folsom has been in the way. The skill position and speed on defense for Central has been unfair the last 4 seasons.

Central has been loaded the last 4 years. sent several guys to oklahoma, utah, fresno st. Folsom has been in the way. The skill position and speed on defense for Central has been unfair the last 4 seasons.

OR with a bunch of 1 and 2 Star kids more than held there own. It was a winnable game. I kept telling people OR would be in this game. They made one bad mistake. Don’t kick to #3.

Reactions: THEOC89
What happened at end of EGA game. Switched over to OR game and by the time I hopped back CVC had the lead.
EG got the ball to CVCs 30 with 20 seconds left and threw an INT in the EZ.

How didnCVC score twice in 2+ minutes?

OR with a bunch of 1 and 2 Star kids more than held there own. It was a winnable game. I kept telling people OR would be in this game. They made one bad mistake. Don’t kick to #3.

Thought there were some questionable play calls on that final drive, specifically the last two plays when needing 1 yard. Thought the 4th down play should have been the 3rd down call — and run it again if needed. Also, don’t like not having a RB in to help push the pile forward.

They had the opportunity to win. I didn’t think Central was all that. OR was every bit as good.

Reactions: RidgeRider
10 yard line

OR started at their own 10 with 2 min to go. Turned it over on downs at Centrals 48 as Lamson was stopped on a QB keeper on 4th & 1.

Thought that OR missed a chance to run it on a draw on 2nd & 1. Central dropped back and only rushed 3, the run was there on 2nd or 3rd down (instead of incomplete passes into heavy coverage) but Central was waiting for it on 4th down.

I was surprised OR settled for a tying FG on 4th & 1 from Central’s 2 yard line (1st down was at the 1 yd line) early on the 4th. Just felt like they had all the momentum and opportunity to twist the knife in a bit at that point. Was kind of a super safe play call settling for the tie, not a “we want to go to state and I trust my guys” type of call.

Last edited:
Reactions: pantera-cat
Thought there were some questionable play calls on that final drive, specifically the last two plays when needing 1 yard. Thought the 4th down play should have been the 3rd down call — and run it again if needed. Also, don’t like not having a RB in to help push the pile forward.

They had the opportunity to win. I didn’t think Central was all that. OR was every bit as good.
trust... they all that... oak ridge will tell you

Agree TR. I didn’t like the kicking game either. Why kick to track stars? Should have squibbed every kick. Central was faster and that was the biggest difference. Lamson forced that throw in the 2nd half and that really hurt. I don’t think he had seen DB’s jump routes like that. Otherwise OR was right there. Pretty even teams. Just goes to show we play some good ball up in the SFL.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Agree TR. I didn’t like the kicking game either. Why kick to track stars? Should have squibbed every kick. Central was faster and that was the biggest difference. Lamson forced that throw in the 2nd half and that really hurt. I don’t think he had seen DB’s jump routes like that. Otherwise OR was right there. Pretty even teams. Just goes to show we play some good ball up in the SFL.

Central has some speed, but why was the game a toss up? Because OR was better in other areas.

They play this game 10 times and it’s likely a even split.

I do think Serra with a healthy Daylin Mclemore beats either team by a couple scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT