ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Finals Notes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Games are set for Tuesday. We get Modesto Christian-Sheldon Part II and the NCS will get to be the host school for Division I, II and III

Open Division: #4 Modesto Christian at #2 Sheldon

Sheldon will play in its third straight NorCal Open Division title game after winning it in 2018. It is also the second time in three years it will be an all-SJS final (Woodcreek-Sheldon in 2017 was the other). The Huskies beat De La Salle (60-53) while Modesto Christian handed Salesian its first loss of the year with a 56-55 win at Albany High School. In the SJS Division I finals, Sheldon beat Modesto Christian 64-61 after trailing by nine points after three quarters.

Division I: #2 Branson at #1 Logan

Each team had first round byes and posted two Top 20 wins en route to a regional finale. Logan, the NCS Division I runner-up, beat Folsom (71-60) and Bishop O’Dowd (73-61) and has won 13 of 14 games. Branson, the NCS Division IV champions, beat CCS Open winner Sacred Heart Cathedral for the second time this year before beating Moreau Catholic (68-44) on Saturday. The Bulls have won 28 straight games and are giving up 38 points per game.

Division II: #9 Serra at #2 Campolindo

Serra beat top seed St. Mary’s-Stockton (62-57) to get a semi-final home game against Rocklin (70-46). They travel to Campolindo, which lost to Salesian in the NCS Division III, has posted back-to-back two point wins over Sacramento (74-72) and Grant (53-51). Campolindo’s only home loss this year came to Miramonte.

Division III: #8 Monterey at #3 University

Mohammed Adam had the game winning three pointer in a 55-52 win over Palo Alto to keep Monterey’s run alive. Monterey’s three NorCal wins have been by 11 combined points. University has back-to-back double overtime wins over Mountain View and Foothill-Palo Cedro. The Red Devils have won seven straight games since losing to Stuart Hall in the league championship game.

Division IV: #6 Wood at #5 Immanuel

Immanuel is averaging 70 points per game after beating Mission-San Francisco 88-86 on Saturday. The Eagles are one of two Central Section teams in the NorCal finals. Wood lost to Central Catholic in the SJS Division III semi-finals and has scored between 51 and 56 points in their three NorCal wins (West Valley, University Prep, Piedmont).

Division V: #2 Dinuba at #1 Mt. Shasta

Mt. Shasta has won 27 straight games since its only loss to Klamath Union of Oregon. It scored at least 69 points in each of its three NorCal wins. Dinuba lost to Immanuel (70-39) in the section finals before beating Sacramento Adventist, Argonaut and Lincoln-San Francisco this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT