ADVERTISEMENT

Not enough seating to accomadate Oakdale fans @CV

playsomeball

Sports Fanatic
Dec 29, 2010
This game should have been played at a neautral site. Lincoln high school in Stockton had the bleachers to accommodate the Oakdale fans. Not only does CV get home field advantage but their bleachers only seat 1300. They are bringing in bleachers to put at the end of each endzone which we all know will be 10 rows high and virtually impossible to see the game and it seperates our fans...we should all be able to sit together and cheer on our team. CV said there was plenty of STANDING room (unbelievable)....2500 to 3000 fans will be traveling to Concord and only 1300 will get seats and the rest of Oakdale will be standing to watch a game...yeah sounds like a great atmosphere for a NorCal bowl game.

Im sure Enterprise will trade places with you!!!
wink.r191677.gif

@farmair3...I am sure they would...If Enterprise was going and brought 1000 more fans then they had seating it probably would be upsetting to you, also. Just because we are not favored to win does mot mean we don't have a right to have adequite seating to watch this football game. And to be told there is plenty of standing room

Who said it would only be some end zone
placements. Have info it is more substantial
though not clear on exact number.

One of the guys brought up Lincoln Hi as a site for the CVC-Oakdale game which would have worked and also there is DVC.....This is a big game, the powers that be should have realized how big a crowd this game was going to draw....

Called CV and CIF. CV said the bleachers hold 1300 on visitor side and they would be bringing in more bleachers to place at the end of each endzone. Then went on to say how there would be plenty of standing room. CIF said that they felt there was sufficient seating to accomodate the Oak fans and also mentioned the extra bleachers being placed at the endzones

We are getting better vibes from our emails to CIFSJS commish office. Waiting to hear from visit today about seating and $20 surcharge locals are offering for "VIP" parking. One parent called CV Athletic Director and was told capacity would be brought up to 3500. Here's hoping. Also I was told by North Coast Commish and Sac/Joaquin commish office that seating is normally 750 in visitors side is 750.

This post was edited on 12/10 9:06 PM by mustang1970

@Bluedog 2...I agree. Oak played CV in 2012 in the NorCal game and it was played at Lincoln high in Stockton. This year they gave the higher seeded teams in D2 and D3 the option to play at a neutral site or at home. Before they did this they should have made sure the higher seeded team had enough/appropriate accomodations for the visitor. Just isn't right. Division 1 gets to play at a neutral site (Sac State).

@Bluedog 2...I agree. Oak played CV in 2012 in the NorCal game and it was played at Lincoln high in Stockton. This year they gave the higher seeded teams in D2 and D3 the option to play at a neutral site or at home. Before they did this they should have made sure the higher seeded team had enough/appropriate accomodations for the visitor. Just isn't right. Division 1 gets to play at a neutral site (Sac State).

@Mustang1970...Happy to hear this. I heat people are planning on leaving early to get seats. I hope they pit more bleachers near the ones they already have. Just don't like our fans being spread out like that

I will definitely post what information I get here. I will spread the word for any new information anyone has to post here, also......Thank you!

I think it would be awesome if Oakdale fans went to the West side of Clayton Valley's stands and took over a section of the home teams bleachers. That is just lame to say people have to stand.

I am from the Concord area and I was surprised when it was announced the game would be played at Clayton Valley instead of DVC for the capacity issues mentioned above. I am aware that Clayton Valley is bring in an extra 1400 seats to mainly accommodate the Oakdale supporters. I am assuming CIF will make more money by not having to pay any fee's to a junior college, but DVC would have been the better option.

Agreed. I think the Oakdale fans should just get there early and taker all the CV side seats.

@Napa Injun...I like the way you!...That would completely blow CV's mind if they walked in and saw the Oak fans sitting in their home bleachers. But I think it would start an uproar. We will just have to hope for the best. I am calling CV today and see if we can at least get the bleachers that are being brought in pit on the same side as the ones already there. I think it it important to have our fans seated together rather then seperated. Also, by placing the extra bleachers at the end of each endzone makes it rather hard to see the game.

This post was edited on 12/11 7:47 AM by playsomeball

This post was edited on 12/11 7:47 AM by playsomeball

Thanks guys for updates. I mistyped figure
Above, it should say according to North
County Commish stadium usually seats
1250 + 750.

Hi, Bay Reporter can we quote that 1400
figure? That would jive with 3500 total attributed to Clayton's
AD. It would help allay some anxiety here.

Did Pittsburg fans completely fill the visiting bleachers at Foothill a couple weeks ago? It's not hard to do, those stands are the smallest and lowest in elevation I have ever seen. Especially compared to the huge stands on the home side and the state of the art scoreboard. Getting respectable visiting stands should be a high priority. When Liberty played at Cal High they completely filled the spacious visiting stands. Kudos to their fans.

Regional games should be played at a Neutral field and city!! No way this should happen even if the Stadium accommodated everyone.

Yes they did,more of or as many standing along the fence behind the Pitt bench.Same the following week vs DeLaSalle,but Dublin High held the overflow Pitt crowd on the home side of the field.I remember Clayton Valley playing Rancho Cotate a couple years back in the NCS final at DVC.Surprised DVC wouldnt be used again for a game like this.

Agree LMRJONES...This game, like sections should have been held at a neutral field. This is rediculous. We should be allowed appropriate seating to watch this game. The extra bleachers being brought in are more than likely 10 rows high...complete BS as far as I am concerned,just unbelievable. I am getting there early like many others from Oakdale. I want those extra bleachers (even though 10 rows high more than likely) pit on the same side as the visitors...NOT at the endzones..WE stay together and cheer for OUR team..win or lose... TOGETHER!

@mustang1970, you can quote me on the 1400....came straight from the AD's mouth. Honestly, at all of the local games in the East Bay there is a always a large contingent of fans that are standing, the teenagers seem to prefer it, more conducive for their social hour.

At this point it is a done deal. Hopefully the 1400 seats will make things a lot better.

This post was edited on 12/11 4:56 PM by BayReporter

Thank you Bay Reporter. I don't think anyone needs to worry about a mass intrusion. I will pass your news and concerns on though. I know from all the efforts that have been undertaken by parents, school officials and section and state officials that what we have now is what will be. Time to start concentrating on the game. Good luck to all! Let's get ready to rumble!

We sit on visitors side..period. The talk about the home side was just funny to entertain. Just got an email and they are going to have seating for 3600...I am fine with that.

The only problem with the visitors stands is they are not high enough....In the future CVC needs to revise the stands so they are at least 20 rolls high....10 rolls is way too low and the slope of the stands needs to be elevated....Oakdale fans, get their early as the parking for the up coming crowd will over flow into the neighborhood which means a long walk, also from the parking lot to the stands is about 50 yards....

@Bluedog2, thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you to all that have chimed in on here and gave info and your input. They were charging 20 for VIP parking (wherever that is?)...we will get there early. Planning on buying tickets at Oakdale high tomorrow morning, but we can't enter stadium until 5:30 from what I understand. Should be a great game. I hope all the football players from both sides play a safe game and no one gets hurt...win or lose, whom ever that is, both teams are winners!!

@Bluedog2..regarding the bleachers not being high enough was exactly one of the problems i had. They renovated the stadium from what I hear and replaced the 10 row high bleachers but the bleachers they put in are not much better..go a little higher but not by much...it is what it is at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT