ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, who we goin' with to win in NCS?

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I'll go with:

Open: Salesian
D1: O'Dowd (but I hope Campo catches fire!)
D2: Monty
D3: University
D4: YV
D5: Stuart Hall
D6: Cornerstone Christian

Yup, mostly chalk...

Reactions: ayalar09
I know it’s D6 but Napa Christian is a dark horse.
Obi Ekezie is a legit 7 feet tall and they have some real sharp shooters in Breydan Worth, Aidan Drayco-Green and Noah Trammel. I could see them beating both Calistoga and Point Arena. Would set up a rematch with a Cornerstone Christian team they almost beat.

D5…..My Hall got a great draw. Think we deserved the 1 seed, but whatever.

D4….Justin Sienna

D3…..Uni should be in open but will run through D3 and could potentially be a CIF open team

D2….Give me a rematch with Cardinal Newman coming out on top.

D1…..Berkeley over Odowd

Open…..Salesian over Branson

Open - I like Salesian. They can win ugly.
D1 - i will go with dark horse. Dublin as #3 seed can play with big boys.
D2 Monty has the path and is Senior led. Good group of kids. Newman a year away.
D3- University
D4- Justin
D5- Stuart Hall in a very competitive field.

Open - I like Salesian. They can win ugly.
D1 - i will go with dark horse. Dublin as #3 seed can play with big boys.
D2 Monty has the path and is Senior led. Good group of kids. Newman a year away.
D3- University
D4- Justin
D5- Stuart Hall in a very competitive field.
hard to argue with LL33

Open finals should be a really good game as will be the DLS semi-final game
D1 - i like Dublin's chances coming out of the tough EBAL
D4 - I'll take YV instead of Justin

Reactions: larry legend33
D1: Dublin
D2: Moreau Catholic
D4: Ygnacio Valley
D5: Head-Royce

D1: Dublin
D2: Moreau Catholic
D4: Ygnacio Valley
D5: Head-Royce
I like Moreau out of D2 as well but I thought they lost a stud this year (would have been a senior) to transfer? The kid was big time d1. I can't recall name but 6"7 ish and smooth. Anyway, going thru Monty in SR will be tough. Winner of that game will likely take NCS.

I like Moreau out of D2 as well but I thought they lost a stud this year (would have been a senior) to transfer? The kid was big time d1. I can't recall name but 6"7 ish and smooth. Anyway, going thru Monty in SR will be tough. Winner of that game will likely take NCS.
They lost 6’7” stud Kellen Hampton. He was only a sophomore last season, but played like a senior. Evidently they’ve picked up some new players to stay competitive.

They lost 6’7” stud Kellen Hampton. He was only a sophomore last season, but played like a senior. Evidently they’ve picked up some new players to stay competitive.
Thanks Observer. Yeah that kid is a baller. Sounds like it.

I can't beleive so many think for D2 it is juts going to be Monty/Newman, when they usually do not have the foot speed to keep up with a team after 1st or 2nd round, could be different this year, but it has rarely been in the past. Always great regular season and disappointing playoffs

Hes going to SoCal academy and currently rotting on the bench

I can't beleive so many think for D2 it is juts going to be Monty/Newman, when they usually do not have the foot speed to keep up with a team after 1st or 2nd round, could be different this year, but it has rarely been in the past. Always great regular season and disappointing playoffs
No so sure about so many but Monty is very good this year and has size, speed, and athletes to play with anybody. Newman lost by 6 on the road last year to eventual D2 champ Campo and Monty lost to D2 runner up Las Lomas by 7. Both teams were not favored and played very well. Newman doesn't have a senior in the lineup this year and will be very good in coming years. Personally I think they will have problems with St Pats in the 2nd round but nobody close to the program thought they would be this good in 2024. Monty on the other hand is senior led tough. Time will tell but I like them in D2 this year.

Further on Redwood: Yes, they're only 16-12, but look at their SoS. Extremely high for NCS D2.

They lost many of those top-level games, but in addition to the SRV win, they beat Clovis West and Sacramento. Their loss to Moreau was by just 2 while not playing their best player. I also remember they played Campo very tough in the foundation game (but can't remember if the Cougs won by 5 or lost by 5... After all, it's a foundation game...)

But then, they lost to Monty by 14...

Still, I've seen them in-person a couple times, and they pass the eye test to me... A little consistency and they could make a big run.

I still pick Monty, tho...

the #larrycurse has only been the last 10 years or so, some legit Monty and Newman squads could run with anyone

I know there were a couple of upsets, but it seems to me like the 13, 14, 15 and 16 seeds are almost worthless.

Taking away the two upsets….teams are losing those games by an average score of 27 points between D1-D5

One of the double digit teams that won in D5, Marin Academy went 0-10 in league.

Maybe NCS should look more at giving the 1 and 2 seed byes in all brackets in the future.

I know there were a couple of upsets, but it seems to me like the 13, 14, 15 and 16 seeds are almost worthless.

Taking away the two upsets….teams are losing those games by an average score of 27 points between D1-D5

One of the double digit teams that won in D5, Marin Academy went 0-10 in league.

Maybe NCS should look more at giving the 1 and 2 seed byes in all brackets in the future.
It is how it is suppose to be! Not many 13,14,15,16 seed should ever win. That is what makes it of value!
When a team that high of a seed wins it makes their entire season memorable

Speculating Kiddman will make an appearance at San Ramon tonight. Another EBAL battle
Well, I bought a ticket... THEN realized the St. Mary's Gaels have a home game.

I'll be up in Moraga, rooting for Aidan and the Gaels.

Reactions: ayalar09
It is how it is suppose to be! Not many 13,14,15,16 seed should ever win. That is what makes it of value!
When a team that high of a seed wins it makes their entire season memorable

Ok meet me halfway

Maybe we keep 13 and 14 seeds and do away with 15 and 16 seeds.

They already do this in a couple divisions anyways.

Not trying to be the Grinch. It’s just very hard for those seeds to win one game, let alone two.

Ok meet me halfway

Not trying to be the Grinch. It’s just very hard for those seeds to win one game, let alone two.
I recall one year in SO Cal and it wasn’t a lower division when a 9 and 16 played in the finals and the 9 played in the state final and the 16 lost by 2 or 3. I want to say the game went into OT. This wasn’t too long ago.

Ok meet me halfway

Just did a search for it and didn’t find it. But Granada was a 9 seed last year at state. They knocked off Salesian. SHP was a 15 and beat the 2. And San Ramon was a 10 and beat SHP then lost to Salesian. This is D1

Last year in D2 the 16 beat the 1 in both North and South.

That’s a shocker. Enjoy.
Not really... I have Gaels season tix and parking passes, due to the presence of one Aidan Mahaney... I only skip Gaels games for Campo, and not just any Campo game... I went SMC over a few Campo games this year, like the Mt. Diablo game, for example.

I will have a mental wrestling match if the Cougs beat the "other" Gaels from Dublin tonight... SMC plays USF at home on the 20th, and the next-round playoff in D1 is also on the 20th. Campo would likely win that mental wrestling match, tho...

But the Cougs gotta do it first... Dublin has to be favored, but I've learned over the years... Never count Campo out.

Would need to look at the financials to eliminate 16/15 seed . Loss of two games is the consequence. Then run a report and check to see if any 15 16 has won . If either make sense it continues. Machine is already running might as well strengthen section bank account and provide opportunities.

Don’t count out O’Dowd to win D1, they have 8 losses but 4 of those to high level out of area (and out of state) opponents over Xmas tourney. Should have beat Cap Christian (OT) and other losses Oak Tech Berk and Modesto…. Battle tested

Don’t count out O’Dowd to win D1, they have 8 losses but 4 of those to high level out of area (and out of state) opponents over Xmas tourney. Should have beat Cap Christian (OT) and other losses Oak Tech Berk and Modesto…. Battle tested
I hope no one is counting BOD out. They are the #1 seed and playing home games until the final. With great coaching and an amazing history, they are the prohibitive favorites.

Dublin coming out of tough EBAL will win D1 NCS….,don’t think BOD will get past Dougherty, another team from EBAL.
Im an EBAL guy, but DV playing at BOD is going to be a tough task, to say the least. Dublin has an easier path than DV. Would love to see one of them rise up and take the D1 crown.

Dublin coming out of tough EBAL will win D1 NCS….,don’t think BOD will get past Dougherty, another team from EBAL.
Naw DV not beating O’Dowd on the road, and Dublin will Have hands full with Liberty but should win, hats off to DV to have lost 90% of offense from ‘23 and be back in contention. O’Dowd way too athletic for DV

O’Dowd missed about 12 FT, critical I think DV missed 1
I think DV missed more than 1, but not many. You are correct that the game was won at the free throw line. They shot roughly the same amount of FTs, but BOD left a ton of points off the board with all those misses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT