ADVERTISEMENT

old SI football film

rwccaptain42

Sports Fanatic
Jan 13, 2014
can anyone guide me to where the old SI game films are. I searched SI website but was unable to locate. Thanks and Peace

Google, for instance, "SI Serra football 1968" and "SI Serra football 1969" and that will get you video of Dan Fouts playing QB for SI and Lynn Swann returning a KO 90 yards for Serra. I took a deep dive into it a few years ago and found footage of SI playing games against South City, St. Francis, Bellarmine, Riordan, SHC and others. Spans from 1967 or 68 to mid-1970s. Really fun to look at.

Reactions: remc
Google, for instance, "SI Serra football 1968" and "SI Serra football 1969" and that will get you video of Dan Fouts playing QB for SI and Lynn Swann returning a KO 90 yards for Serra. I took a deep dive into it a few years ago and found footage of SI playing games against South City, St. Francis, Bellarmine, Riordan, SHC and others. Spans from 1967 or 68 to mid-1970s. Really fun to look at.

On that grainy old film of the SI vs. Serra football game in 1968 (on a Saturday afternoon at San Mateo HS), what is really stunning is the huge crowd on the SI side. Looks like at least 2,500 people, if not more. Ah, those were the days.

The SF WCAL Holy Trinity schools were also all-boys back in the day.

Yes. That stalwart all-male WCAL list is down to just two schools: Bellarmine and Serra. Maybe that's fitting. Their rivalry is the oldest of the papal persuasion on the Peninsula, dating back to the 1940s and the old, original CAL (or even the CCAL _ the California Catholic Athletic League). On a side note, the San Jose Jesuits have nearly twice the enrollment of the San Mateo outfit.

getting warmer with VIMEO it was a site that had all SI home game films that were uploaded/updated from way back late 70's-80's etc searched vimeo but no luck i really thought it was from a link via SI website

I just googled "SI South City football Vimeo" and found four old SI games. If you do the same with teams SI regularly played back in the 1960s and 70s, you will likely find more. I even found an SI vs. Lincoln game from 1961.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT