ADVERTISEMENT

Bosco vs Centennial

Can someone explain what the apparent officiating controversy was and when it took place and to whom.

Thanks đź‘Ť
Fans from both schools we’re upset with officiating.Centennial had 3-4 big plays called back on penalties.lots of PI’s and missed calls.In the end though it was Coach Logan who was his own worst enemy..Centennial went up 36-28 and instead of kicking the x-tra point he went for 2 which they didn’t make

Fans from both schools we’re upset with officiating.Centennial had 3-4 big plays called back on penalties.lots of PI’s and missed calls.In the end though it was Coach Logan who was his own worst enemy..Centennial went up 36-28 and instead of kicking the x-tra point he went for 2 which they didn’t make

Yeah, I don’t know which “analytics“ chart Coach Logan, who is a phenomenal coach, was using — but that makes zero sense to me.

I totally get (and advocate for) going for 2 when up 7 to forge a 2-score lead.

Unless something happened to their kicker that we don’t know about — and they had no other kicker capable of reasonably converting an XP kick — I don’t see the upside of going for 2 to make it a 10-point lead over the XP and a 9-point lead.

I always like the odds a lot better when the opponent has to score twice to steal the game.

Did anyone check out Shafter vs Torres in the CS… LS caught the 2pt for the W in OT…

Can someone explain what the apparent officiating controversy was and when it took place and to whom.

Thanks đź‘Ť
Centennial QB was being tackled and didn't go down. Then took off for the touchdown cuz Bosco players stopped playing. Refs said qb progress was stopped so called it dead and game over. God had Bosco back that night.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
Did anyone check out Shafter vs Torres in the CS… LS caught the 2pt for the W in OT…
Yes, but the LS was also their running back with an eligible number. Refs got confused. Should have been called illegal touching of the pass.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Yeah, I don’t know which “analytics“ chart Coach Logan, who is a phenomenal coach, was using — but that makes zero sense to me.

I totally get (and advocate for) going for 2 when up 7 to forge a 2-score lead.

Unless something happened to their kicker that we don’t know about — and they had no other kicker capable of reasonably converting an XP kick — I don’t see the upside of going for 2 to make it a 10-point lead over the XP and a 9-point lead.

I always like the odds a lot better when the opponent has to score twice to steal the game.
Yes he does make some head scratching decisions.I still remember the IMG game when all he had to do was take a knee at the 3 run the clock and kick the FG to win.Instead he goes for the TD which IMG basically let them have so there was enough time for them to go down and score to win the game with.

Yes he does make some head scratching decisions.I still remember the IMG game when all he had to do was take a knee at the 3 run the clock and kick the FG to win.Instead he goes for the TD which IMG basically let them have so there was enough time for them to go down and score to win the game with.

I remember that game. That was a while ago. I recall being puzzled at the decision making at the time, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT