ADVERTISEMENT

Out of Section Games 9/6

SFLguy26

Board Regular
Aug 28, 2019
California
Bishop Manogue(NV) vs. Oak Ridge
Whitney vs. Central (Fresno)
Capital Christian vs Vista Murrieta(SoCal)
Del Oro vs Spanish Springs(NV)
Grant vs. Eastside Catholic(WA)
Rocklin vs. Damonte Ranch(NV)

These are just a few, I am sure there is more. But thoughts on biggest win? upset? What do you expect to see? The Oak Ridge vs manogue matchup is super intriguing to me. Grant might take another big loss vs Eastside.

These are just a few, I am sure there is more. But thoughts on biggest win? upset? What do you expect to see? The Oak Ridge vs manogue matchup is super intriguing to me. Grant might take another big loss vs Eastside.
Gotta give Grant huge credit for that non league schedule, despite the difficulties they seem to be having internally

Reactions: ThunderRam
NCS INTERSECTIONAL
Cardinal Newman (Santa Rosa, CA) at Placer (Auburn, CA), 7:00pm
Castlemont (Oakland, CA) at Tennyson (Hayward, CA), 7:00pm
Pierce (Arbuckle, CA) at Clear Lake (Lakeport, CA), 7:30pm
St. Francis (Mountain View, CA) at De La Salle (Concord, CA), 7:30pm
Wood (Vacaville, CA) at Deer Valley (Antioch, CA), 7:00pm
La Salle (Milwaukie, OR) at Del Norte (Crescent City, CA), 7:30pm
Dublin (CA) vs. Laguna Creek (Elk Grove, CA) at Cosumnes River College (Sacramento, CA), 7:15pm
Sonoma Valley (Sonoma, CA) at El Camino (South San Francisco, CA), 7:30pm
Encinal (Alameda, CA) at McClymonds (Oakland, CA), 7:00pm
Hoopa Valley (Hoopa, CA) at Etna (CA), 7:00pm
Eureka (CA) at Foothill (Palo Cedro, CA), 7:30pm
Ferndale (CA) at Fall River (McArthur, CA), 7:30pm
Fremont (Oakland, CA) at St. Mary's (Albany, CA), 4:00pm
Justin-Siena (Napa, CA) at Armijo (Fairfield, CA), 7:30pm
Milpitas (CA) at Las Lomas (Walnut Creek, CA), 7:00pm
Antioch (CA) at Lincoln (Stockton, CA), 7:15pm
Lowell (San Francisco, CA) at Dougherty Valley (San Ramon, CA), 7:00pm
Manteca (CA) at Granada (Livermore, CA), 7:00pm
Menlo (Atherton, CA) at Piedmont (CA), 7:00pm
Millennium (Tracy, CA) vs. California School for the Deaf (Fremont, CA) at Tracy (CA), 7:30pm
San Ramon Valley (Danville, CA) at Monterey Trail (Elk Grove, CA), 7:15pm
Mt. Diablo (Concord, CA) at Harbor (Santa Cruz, CA), 7:00pm
Northgate (Walnut Creek, CA) at Hug (Reno, NV), 7:00pm
Oakland (CA) vs. Alameda (CA) at Thompson Field (Alameda, CA), 7:00pm
Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland, CA) at Seaside (CA), 7:30pm
St. Helena (CA) at Winters (CA), 7:30pm
Brookside Christian (Stockton, CA) at Ygnacio Valley (Concord, CA), 7:00pm

OR vs Bishop M is gotta be the game of the week. I like OR by a TD in this one. Home game,, big crowd and There offense is playing exceptional. Big game for Lamson.

O22- when was the last time a Richmond team beat any of the three Lamorinda schools?
De Anza simply crushed Miramonte week O, but then a furious comeback the next week against a 2018 10-2 visiting San Diego Christian was short one score.

Reactions: observer22
O22- when was the last time a Richmond team beat any of the three Lamorinda schools?
De Anza simply crushed Miramonte week O, but then a furious comeback the next week against a 2018 10-2 visiting San Diego Christian was short one score.

I saw the De Anza score over Miramonte and was as shocked as you. The Dons are back!

They’ll lose this team is young and 6 starters chose to transfer out the program they’ll lose every game, scare a team that you’d think they’ll lose to and combs not next year with a really good team they even pulled up some jv players. They’ll take their beating this year and give some out next year

Gotta give Grant huge credit for that non league schedule, despite the difficulties they seem to be having internally

I had been wondering why they scheduled this match up. In one of JoeD's latest articles, he shed some light on the reason:

Joe Davidson said:
Grant will play at national power Eastside Catholic of Sammamich, Wa. on Friday.

How on Earth did this game come about? Eastside reached out to Grant and offered to fly up 42 Grant players and coaches to compete. Pacers coach Mike Alberghini and athletic director Carl Reed agreed.

It’s a whale of a challenge, with Grant at 0-2, but it’s a grand opportunity for the Pacers to come together.

Eastside is coming off seasons of 13-1, 11-3, 13-2, 13-0, 11-2, 10-1 and 13-1.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article234716022.html#storylink=cpy

CCS Out-of-Section Matchups
Clovis North (Fresno, CA) vs. Bellarmine (San Jose, CA) at Buchanan (Clovis, CA), 7:00pm
St. Francis (Mountain View, CA) at De La Salle (Concord, CA), 7:30pm
Sonoma Valley (Sonoma, CA) at El Camino (South San Francisco, CA), 7:30pm
Milpitas (CA) at Las Lomas (Walnut Creek, CA), 7:00pm
Menlo (Atherton, CA) at Piedmont (CA), 7:00pm
Mission (San Francisco, CA) at Santa Clara (CA), 7:00pm
Mt. Diablo (Concord, CA) at Harbor (Santa Cruz, CA), 7:00pm
Oak Grove (San Jose, CA) at Oakland Tech (Oakland, CA), 7:00pm
Oakdale (CA) at Aptos (CA), 7:30pm
Pleasant Valley (Chico, CA) at Valley Christian (San Jose, CA), 7:00pm
Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland, CA) at Seaside (CA), 7:30pm
Skyline (Oakland, CA) at Sequoia (Redwood City, CA), 7:30pm
Carmel (CA) at Templeton (CA), 7:30pm
Vacaville Christian (Vacaville, CA) vs. Marina (CA) at Monterey Peninsula College (Monterey, CA), 6:00pm
Washington (San Francisco, CA) at Harker (San Jose, CA), 7:00pm

Lynbrook (San Jose, CA) vs. Oakland Military Institute (Oakland, CA) at Emery (Emeryville, CA), 1:00pm
Mitty (San Jose, CA) at Marin Catholic (Kentfield, CA), 2:00pm
Stevenson (Pebble Beach, CA) at Webb (Claremont, CA), 2:00pm
Riordan (San Francisco, CA) at Tamalpais (Mill Valley, CA), 2:00pm

I'm interested in the out of section games where there are common opponents within the section. Central of Fresno is playing three SJS teams (Grant, Whitney, Turlock). Spanish Springs of Sparks, NV is playing Monterey Trail and Del Oro. Paraclete out of Lancaster is playing Whitney and MT this year. I'm sure there are more examples.

These out of section games against a variety of teams helps to give me a better sense of the strength of each section and of the relative strength of the common teams within the section.

Obviously, comparing scores against a common opponent is an inexact science, but it at least gives some insight. Just more information to consider.

Last edited:

What do you expect to see?

Oak Ridge getting by Manogue, Central playing the hammer on Whitney, Vista having their way with CC, Del Oro crushing a mediocre SS, EC rolling Grant and Rocklin running it up on Damonte Ranch!

Our game tonight vs. Bishop Manogue is cancelled due to entire BM team getting food poisoning last night at their team dinner. JV game is still on.

Our game tonight vs. Bishop Manogue is cancelled due to entire BM team getting food poisoning last night at their team dinner. JV game is still on.
Wow.... That is brutal. Is this confirmed? Don't ever recall anything like that before.

Wow.... That is brutal. Is this confirmed? Don't ever recall anything like that before.
Yes LL33...it is confirmed. We are trying to reschedule for Monday, which works well for us since we have a bye week next week, however not sure if BM will be up for it since they have a game next Friday.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Yes LL33...it is confirmed. We are trying to reschedule for Monday, which works well for us since we have a bye week next week, however not sure if BM will be up for it since they have a game next Friday.

Oh man.... Bummer. Sorry to hear that.. Was going to make it out tonight and I know it was biggest game so far this year.

Oh man.... Bummer. Sorry to hear that.. Was going to make it out tonight and I know it was biggest game so far this year.
Just received notice...Nevada high school federation will not allow the Monday game, and BM said no to Saturday due to dehydration issues. Apparently the coaching staff is included in the illness as well.

sorry to hear this. I know you guys have been playing really well and next game is Folsom then correct?

That is incredibly sad! Whoever made the meal should be banned from the BM cycle forever!!!

I figured you for the CN-Placer game, as it's not often they come into town.

Think I'm headed to Cap Christian tonight.

@MCIC Sorry to hear about the cancellation. Obviously the BM players/coaches health comes first, but it's a drag to have the bottom fall out at the last minute. I just read that East Nicolaus had a cancellation from Mesa Verde this week, but fortunately found out in time to put together a game tomorrow night against Galileo in SF.

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT