Mills 21, Yerba Buena 0
King's Academy 42, Homestead 3
Monta Vista 43, South San Francisco 0
Palo Alto 34, Carlmont 24
Menlo School 47, Francis Parker (SD) 7
Half Moon Bay 56, El Camino (SSF) 0
Mountain View 48, Capuchino 14
Terra Nova 59 Piedmont Hills 25
Seaside 28 Woodside 0 (Game stopped after 3 periods)

Hillsdale at Sacred Heart Prep (Sat.)
Aragon, Sequoia, M-A, byes

Note: It was a rough night for Lake (C) Division teams. Five of the six lost (three via shutouts). Woodside didn't finish its contest and the two teams from South City lost by a combined score of 99-0.

Last edited:
Wait.....what happened in the Woodside game to stop it after 3?

I believe El Camino v HMB went running clock the entire 2nd half, but since I left at halftime with the score 49-0 I can't be certain.

Running clock in the 3rd quarter with the score 28-0? Woodside calling the game after 3 quarters citing safety issues? No details provided. We’re they down to 15 players, or was Seaside roughing them up?

With Seaside’s backups in and a running clock, how dangerous or how much more punishment would they have been subject to if they had just finished the game?

Governing bodies take a dim view of not finishing a game so more info needed. I am guessing the reporter was not present. Somebody must know how many players Woodside was down to. I am assuming Wildcats did not all of the sudden decide football is a rough sport.

Reactions: observer22
The next logical questions would be: If Woodside couldn't finish Friday's contest, will they be able to compete at all next week vs. Burlingame? Will they show up? Can they field a team? If they do, can they complete that affair? Will they forfeit? What the heck is going on?

Woodside is a public school with nearly 2,000 students. In the past, its football program has been more than adequate. Julian Edelman played his prep football there as a QB. However, the program's history over the last 20 or so years has been rather iffy, to be charitable. Walk on coaches have come and gone. There has been a player revolt or two. Games have been forfeited. Dysfunction has become the norm. It's been a struggle. What's occurring now is not out of character, unfortunately. Menlo-Atherton, a sister school in the Sequoia Union High School District, won't play Woodside now. The Wildcats have simply become too weak. They have been relegated to the PAL's Lake Division, a C league. Can they win a game in that bottom circuit? Perhaps. Both South San Francisco schools are winless. But there are no guarantees at this point.

Steve Nicolopolus was the HC from early 90s with one break because of some issues. They were very good under him. The problem is recent

Steve Nicolopolus was the HC from early 90s with one break because of some issues. They were very good under him. The problem is recent

When Edelman was a junior there in the early 2000's, there was a player revolt that led to a season-ending forfeit and the dismissal of the coach. The next year, with the above as the HC, Woodside won a CCS title with Edelman at the helm. Since then, it's been up and down, an in-and-out burger so to speak. There has been little consistency, little sustained top-to-bottom organization, no long-term plan. It's been very tough. If Woodside isn't at rock bottom (again), it's mighty close.

You’d think an area with all that money and all those brains in their community could sort their program out but I’m sure that’s likely the source of the problems.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
[QUOTE="colhenrylives, post: 242662, member: 968"]Saturday final: SHP 42, Hillsdale 6.[/QUOTE]

That score is not surprising at all considering the quality of opponents in Hillsdale's first 3 games. HIllsdale I thought could be on a slight upswing from the past several seasons, but the SHP game proves the Knights have a long way to go. Hillsdale was one of 3 teams in the PAL Ocean divison that was undefeated with the other 2 being San Mateo & Halfmoon Bay. The other 3 teams Carlmont, Menlo & Sequoia are to be polite "not very good". Hillsdale has now been exposed and San Mateo will be next. HMB is surprisingly good with their blow-out win of SHP last week 40-0 and the HMB Cougars will be in cruise control through the Ocean division from here on out - the difference between HMB and the other 5 teams is so stark its evident HMB is in the wrong division of the PAL for this season.

Let's try a top 8 PAL teams:

1. Menlo-Atherton
2. Half Moon Bay
3. Sacred Heart Prep
4. Terra Nova
5. King's Academy
6. Burlingame
7. Carlmont
8. San Mateo

Note: The M-A non-league schedule is so much tougher than any other CCS public school there really is no reasonable comparison. Folsom is up next for the Bears. Whew.

Let's try a top 8 PAL teams:

1. Menlo-Atherton
2. Half Moon Bay
3. Sacred Heart Prep
4. Terra Nova
5. King's Academy
6. Burlingame
7. Carlmont
8. San Mateo

Note: The M-A non-league schedule is so much tougher than any other CCS public school there really is no reasonable comparison. Folsom is up next for the Bears. Whew.
I wonder if SHP belongs ahead of Terra Nova and TKA after their 40-0 pasting from HMB last week? Time will tell- this season feels a lot like trying to figure out the NFL where it takes 5-6 weeks to figure out which teams are for real.

Reactions: colhenrylives
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT