ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard 10/5-10/7

Teams are locked into divisions at the beginning of the season now. Rocklin is D2. Folsom is D1, of course.

Bummer. They change things all the time and this change passed right by me, I thought it was still determined at the end of the regular season via enrollment.

Oh well. Just have to get them next season.

The importance of special teams

Folsom 13 possessions
7 punts
5 scores
Every drive started inside rocklins 50
3 Folsom TDs - started the drive on Rocklins 25
Three turnovers recovered by Folsom

Great summarization.

Credit to Folsom for taking advantage of the opportunities, but it’d be disingenuous to not acknowledge they were unforced opportunities.

Despite the final score, Rocklin played well enough defensively that, if not for the turnovers in their own territory, it’s easy to conclude that would have been a toss up game if not Rocklin having the advantage.

I thought I recalled Folsom only driving from their own end of the field twice. This confirms it.

Lastly, more credit to Folsom for their defense. They are very good on that end and RHS had a tough night trying to run it. They popped a few runs, but for the most part Folsom stuffed them.

Both QB’s are Sophomores with several Junior play makers so expect both to be really good the next couple years.

Great summarization.

Credit to Folsom for taking advantage of the opportunities, but it’d be disingenuous to not acknowledge they were unforced opportunities.

Despite the final score, Rocklin played well enough defensively that, if not for the turnovers in their own territory, it’s easy to conclude that would have been a toss up game if not Rocklin having the advantage.

I thought I recalled Folsom only driving from their own end of the field twice. This confirms it.

Lastly, more credit to Folsom for their defense. They are very good on that end and RHS had a tough night trying to run it. They popped a few runs, but for the most part Folsom stuffed them.

Both QB’s are Sophomores with several Junior play makers so expect both to be really good the next couple years.
Folsom had to punt 7 times in their 13 possessions. That's 60% of their possessions your defense held Folsom. If you only gave me that Stat with Rocklin scoring 24 I would have said thunder won and there defense is light out.

NOPE, they lost, and how you say? gave Folsom all 5 of their SCORING possessions starting on your side of the 50, barring the obvious turnovers, they (Rocklin) probably averaged a mere net punt average of 2o -24 yards. Folsom had three of THEIR SCORING possesions at your own 25!!!!!!#fix punt and #fix punt return. Also they missed a field goal, had punt blocked, but I digress. FIX IT, OR GET ELIMINATED EARLY IN THE PLAYOFFS. That's it, I'm done, I promise. On to the next one.

Last edited:
Rocklin had one pick on defense, Folsom had to punt 7 other times in their 13 possessions. If you only gave me that Stat with Rocklin scoring 24 I would have said thunder won and there ddefense is light out. NOPE, they lost, and how you say? gave Folsom 5 possessions starting on your side of the 50. #fix punt and #fix punt return. Also they missed a field goal but I digress. On to the next one.
Credit to Folsom, meant sincerely. They good!

Hollister beats Monterey 31-6.

PCAL-GD kind of crazy this year.

Salinas appears slated to take the title again.

Reactions: Prepwisdom
Agreed- The PCAL Gabilan is very" topsy turvy " this year. It is now Salinas's to lose. Maybe Soquel 2nd?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT