ADVERTISEMENT

Piedmont volleyball is a joke, TURNS DOWN NCS

Phillip10

Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
My sister comes home today and told me that more than half her team voted to not go to NCS because they had homework and tests. My sister and 3 other girls were the only people who wanted to accept their playoff seed. What has sports come to in the past couple years, i am embarrassed to have ever attended Piedmont HS, and played football there. So many 4 letter words could be used to describe how i feel about most of that team. vent...

Phil,

I gotta tell you the girls at least have their priorities straight. They are students before athletes. I know it might not have been a populat move, but the girls at least have priorities straight and know that teh classroom comes before the court. So no need to be embarassed, be proud that this is not what most popular thing but the girls get more respect they are truly STUDENT athletes.

I agree, student comes before athlete, but when you make a commitment to a team you are supposed to follow through on that. All players would have been allowed to do make up/turn in work they missed for that class. If you are not playing to win(the honest way) what are you playing for?what about your other teammates who had worked so hard to get to playoffs, what about the coach. As a piedmont grad i know all the students get their work done, and do well...but many are eager to finish the season to resume partying. Believe me I experienced it after ncs football..

I agree that the classroom comes first but what are you teaching the kids, when it gets tough in life you quit? You made a commitment to that team. Shame on those parents who let there kids do that. For those kids who wanted to play in the NCS you have my respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT