ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Granite Bay

It's a TO fest.

We knew GB's offense wasn't too good to begin with. And Pitt's offense has hit on some big plays, even though the Griz defense has looked dominate at times.

Yah, Pittsburg has found the one good way to exploit GB defense, speed down the field. GB needs to get out of this half with no more points scored by Pitt. I think they can claw their way back but need to cut down on mistakes.

Wow. GB's defense bails them out bigtime.

Pitt couldn't get it in the end zone on their 1st two carries from around the 1 yard line. Then a false start pushed Pitt back to the 6. Next play GB gets a big sack.

GB then jumped offside to give them 5 yards back and Pitt ended up hitting the 28-yd FG.

3-0 Pitt w/ 3:41 left in Q1.

Well there went the over/under.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Interesting side note the team Narbonne is crushing right now beat Folsom opponent Helix by 17 points

Something needs to be done to fix this bowl system. The team getting into the top D1 game from the North isn't facing a top SoCal opponent.

Reactions: sarpar
Something needs to be done to fix this bowl system. The team getting into the top D1 game from the North isn't facing a top SoCal opponent.
Agree in this case .I really thought Narbonne would play in 1AA game but I guess Helix winning the SDS Open bumped them up

Yah, Pittsburg has found the one good way to exploit GB defense, speed down the field. GB needs to get out of this half with no more points scored by Pitt. I think they can claw their way back but need to cut down on mistakes.

It doesn't help when GB's offense can't stay on the field. No matter how good your defense is, eventually they're gonna tire out and become a step or two slow.

GB offense is atrocious. Isn't there a kid on the 80 side that can throw a pass?

It doesn't help when GB's offense can't stay on the field. No matter how good your defense is, eventually they're gonna tire out and become a step or two slow.

GB’s whole offense is predicated on setting things up for the big play. They tend to run a look a few times then do something completely different out of the same look to catch you out, but they need drives to set things up.

They are also detailed in their preparation. They’ll make some adjustments and let’s see if they don’t try some new looks to sustain some drives.

I think their real weakness is their QB. He doesn’t give the defense much to worry about with his arm or his legs.

Last edited:
Yep we’ve been saying that all along. GB offense subpar, and they really can’t throw at all. 17 points in a huge deficit when passing options are ‘slim’. When they beat DC 9-7, their only TD was after a fumble recovery on DC 10 yard line.

True, but to be completely transparent and informative to the Nor Cal Board; Oaks Christian beat Paraclete, Paraclete beat Helix, and then last night Helix beat Oaks Christian. Once again showing that a single game result proves nothing.

True but Oaks played the second half with their 3rd string QB against Helix.35-0 Narbonne half

True but Oaks played the second half with their 3rd string QB against Helix.35-0 Narbonne half

I saw that. I was following the game score, seemed like a back and forth game til 2nd half. Was it 14-13 Helix when they got down to 3rd string? Seems like Narbonne shoulda been the choice?

GB finally hit on a deep pass, but it was still overthrown to the point that the WR had to lay out for it. Could have been a TD. That's 2 he's missed on. Can't blow those opportunities when they're open.

GB offense is atrocious. Isn't there a kid on the 80 side that can throw a pass?

Precisely why I said I didn't know how GB was going to move the ball tonight.

Of course, every time I type something like the above, the opposite happens. They just scored on a TD pass to the TE.

24-14 Pitt.

I saw that. I was following the game score, seemed like a back and forth game til 2nd half. Was it 14-13 Helix when they got down to 3rd string? Seems like Narbonne shoulda been the choice?
Cen-Ten 63-21 over Pitt. Cen-Ten 52-6 over Narbonne. What's the difference? They both got smoked by the same opponent.

Haha. GB band gets warned. I’ve been to some games the past two years where I thought that band should have been thrown a yellow flag!

Yes it was.Narbonne up 42-0 in 3rd

Cen-Ten 63-21 over Pitt. Cen-Ten 52-6 over Narbonne. What's the difference? They both got smoked by the same opponent.
I will say this for Narbonne since that game vs Centennial they have added transfers that had to sit out 4 games most notably their RB Jemar Jefferson not that it would have mattered much against Centennial.They also went to Hawaii and lost a heart breaker to nationally ranked St.Louis (state champ) 56-50

I will say this for Narbonne since that game vs Centennial they have added transfers that had to sit out 4 games most notably their RB Jemar Jefferson not that it would have mattered much against Centennial.They also went to Hawaii and lost a heart breaker to nationally ranked St.Louis (state champ) 56-50
The game being @ Sac State should aid Pitt more than Narbonne. Might turn out to being a helluva game. I don't believe Narbonne will beat this Pitt team in the fashion Cen-Ten did earlier in the season. We shall see.

The game being @ Sac State should aid Pitt more than Narbonne. Might turn out to being a helluva game. I don't believe Narbonne will beat this Pitt team in the fashion Cen-Ten did earlier in the season. We shall see.
I don’t think so either.I think it will be a very exciting game and has possibilities of being the best game of the weekend

It's a TO fest.

We knew GB's offense wasn't too good to begin with. And Pitt's offense has hit on some big plays, even though the Griz defense has looked dominate at times.
Pitt's speed and athleticism was impressive. Congrats to Pitt, they'll hopefully bring that speed and impressive plays vs Narbonne of L.A. the Southern Div 1 A champ. Pitt will go for its historic 1st State Bowl championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT