ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburg and Wilcox Thriller

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
After being down 31-14 in the fourth quarter Pittsburg came back to win in the last second 35-31. Wilcox dominated up front all night and completely controlled the clock all game long. It wasn’t until the 4th quarter that the tide shifted. Wilcox rumbled on the Pirates defense all night and barely passed the ball at all. I don’t even think there was a punt all game long by either team. Crucial penalties, onside kicks, big time plays and smash mouth football was the recipe in this game. Both teams played one heck of a ball game!

Pittsburg’s quarterback Jerry Johnson looks like he is the real deal. I was impressed against St. Mary’s and then skeptical after the Serra game. After seeing him Friday night I am certain that this kid is the best quarterback that Galli has had in a really long time.

Going into the fourth I was thinking that the BVAL was over and Liberty was a certain victor over Pittsburg next month. But after Liberty’s four close games and Pitt’s come from behind win over a very tough Wilcox team, I can’t wait to see the October 18th matchup. I predict another tight game like last year.

Reactions: remc
After being down 31-14 in the fourth quarter Pittsburg came back to win in the last second 35-31. Wilcox dominated up front all night and completely controlled the clock all game long. It wasn’t until the 4th quarter that the tide shifted. Wilcox rumbled on the Pirates defense all night and barely passed the ball at all. I don’t even think there was a punt all game long by either team. Crucial penalties, onside kicks, big time plays and smash mouth football was the recipe in this game. Both teams played one heck of a ball game!

Pittsburg’s quarterback Jerry Johnson looks like he is the real deal. I was impressed against St. Mary’s and then skeptical after the Serra game. After seeing him Friday night I am certain that this kid is the best quarterback that Galli has had in a really long time.

Going into the fourth I was thinking that the BVAL was over and Liberty was a certain victor over Pittsburg next month. But after Liberty’s four close games and Pitt’s come from behind win over a very tough Wilcox team, I can’t wait to see the October 18th matchup. I predict another tight game like last year.
When I saw Pitt play the previous week you could see the drop off in line play from the previous 2 or 3 years. I actually thought Wilcox would win this game, based on how much tougher they played Serra. But Pitt has heart. Pitt also has athletes and speed at the skill positions. They are very dangerous in open space. Wish I had seen this game. Nice win for the Pirates

Wilcox would probably win this game 7 out of 10 times on a neutral field. They're tougher than Pitt and athletic enough to hold their own. If they were to play again I'd take the Chargers over the Pirates.

Wilcox didn’t have their best and most explosive player playing right? And they still almost won on the road ?

Wilcox would probably win this game 7 out of 10 times on a neutral field. They're tougher than Pitt and athletic enough to hold their own. If they were to play again I'd take the Chargers over the Pirates.
I’d tend to agree with this, though I would never count Pitt out

And they seem to be well coached. I believe a CCS poster said they run the veer very well.
Agree. I saw two tough, well coached teams. Wilcox was definitely bigger than Pitt but the legs held up longer for when it came to guys going both way for Pitt. I know Pittsburg also had a starting linebacker get ejected from O’Dowd game and a starting Safety out with an injury as well.

I was told they are set for a match up next season too which is good for everyone. Good old high school football teams went smash mouth on Friday and it was pretty cool to see.

Reactions: remc and observer22
The coach at Wilcox (rather recent) has that program reloading. They've usually had a very good RB bit he has gotten the lines to play well and consistent.

Agree about Pitts QB. He seems to have some real QB skills(noticed his footwork in the pocket, waiting for routes to develop) as opposed to the more athlete first, QB second kid I usually see them have.This kid looks like he’s been coached to be a QB.

Reactions: Paloma
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT