ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Championship Predictions

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Division I: Los Gatos over Wilcox. First meeting was a close contest and I expect another one in round two.

Division II: Soquel over Christopher. I think the magic runs out for Christopher. Soquel hasn't given up more than 14 points in a win this season.

Division III: Palma over Alisal. Palma has too much overall talent for Alisal. Palma has scored at least 28 points in each game of their three game winning streak.

Division IV: Mountain View over Palo Alto: Both teams have been able to turn around their seasons after a midseason swoon. I'll go with Mountain View in a close one.

Division V: South San Francisco over Santa Teresa: SSF is averaging to give up six points per game, but Santa Teresa has played the harder schedule. I'm going with SSF as they are the better story IMO

The combining of PAL and SCAL super-leagues has created a very strong PAL-B league this year. This final round has 3 PAL-B teams. And 5 of the 10 remaining teams are from the PAL super-league.

Of course CCS is my preferred (as in home) section. Both Los Gatos and Wilcox (as well as Palma) has been in the wheelhouse of my now long-since adult children's school. I have followed all three teams pretty closely for over 25 years.

Most of those years, Los Gatos has been the top or near the top of their league, always battling Wilcox and Palo Alto. And this year get to see a rematch of Wilcox and LG in the final round of D1. I am leaning toward another LG victory.

I am also fascinated by the rise of SSF and am hoping for a victory over ST. Despite my hope, I think ST wins this one.

I follow Palma but I'm not so excited with this final round match-up. Palma should win handedly.

A Christopher win is a long hope. But since they displaced Mitty, the Cougars have been my underdog champ. I reluctantly side with them because, right now, I'm really frustrated with the BVAL-MH league.

Last edited:
I wasn't watching Soquel too closely. But now they won I realize this is their first sectional title since CCS was formed in 1972. Do I have that correct? Great victory for them!

Last edited:
Los Gatos' sectional title brings them even with St. Francis in total title championships. They both have 16 sectional titles.

Quick overview of teams with the most sectional titles (since 1972):
St. Francis 16
Los Gatos 16
Palma 12
Serra 9
Bellarmine 8
Oak Grove 7
Valley Christian 7
Palo Alto 6
Sacred Heart Prep 6

I stopped at six titles, but four teams have 5 titles and six teams have 4 titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT