ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Folsom fans

remc

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2009
What kind of youth football programs do they have there and is it a strong program? Do they run the same offense or something similar to the high school. Seems like a pretty sophisticated passing offense for a youth football team,but the high school seems to run it so proficiently I was just wondering.

What kind of youth football programs do they have there and is it a strong program? Do they run the same offense or something similar to the high school. Seems like a pretty sophisticated passing offense for a youth football team,but the high school seems to run it so proficiently I was just wondering.
They have the Junior Bulldogs program which is pretty much a direct feeder to the high school. The coaches at the junior level work directly with the Folsom Varsity coaches to ensure similar concepts, and similar offensive schemes are being run. The program is awesome.

The junior level mirrors the high school level very well. Players from the Junior Bulldogs program are coming to the high school level ready to play and can understand the offensive concepts taught at that level. If you have seen Folsom play, you will notice they run a rather complicated style offense for high school standards. The Junior Bulldogs program has really helped Folsom build from the youth level up, instead of relying on other outside factors and transfers from other areas. The program is solely in-house.

Check out their website. Cool stuff.

http://folsomjrbulldogs.com/Org/Home.aspx?d=yr8BR3w1WCBAd29ZP530yQ==

Keep in mind, Folsom is a public school. They cannot rely on attracting kids from all over to build an all-star team every year. The only way for them to compete year in and year out is to build their program from the ground up, from the youth level.

The program is working. Here is a nice list of the D1 scholarships from last year alone.
J Browning - Washington
C Creason - Arizona
L Hendricks - San Jose
S Whitney - Boise State
C Thompson - Harvard
B Laolagi - UNLV
J Deguara- Cincinnati
Multiple others at the D2 and D3 level.

Last edited:
Reactions: mshNASTY
There is a strong tie between the high school and the youth program. I know the 8th grade team (midgets) have to run a simple version of the spread. 7th grade may have to now too. Its been a while since my kid played, but I know the tie between the two is strong. Coach Richardson regularly used to come and encourage players, and give mini-tutorials on spread concepts to the coaches and players. In a spread, the blocking skills of the receivers is a (surprisingly maybe) key concept, and they would work on that alot. Occasionally you'll see Folsom wide receiver recruits include blocking highlights in their hudl videos -- college recruiters like that!

It seems there is a great coaching relationship among the high school varsity all the way down to the junior level. They have developed a football system, philosophy, and schemes that everyone adopts and stands by. Actually, i look at it from a great community builder (not to be in a kumbaya moment).

It is my understanding that Folsom/Cordova unified has an open enrollment policy. With that being in place, numerous athletes that normaly would be Cordova players are easily allowed to play at Folsom?
I have an old girl friend who works in the District office and informed me of this moons ago...just saying.....

It is my understanding that Folsom/Cordova unified has an open enrollment policy. With that being in place, numerous athletes that normaly would be Cordova players are easily allowed to play at Folsom?
I have an old girl friend who works in the District office and informed me of this moons ago...just saying.....
Actually, there isn't ONE player in our program that would attend Cordova by district boundaries.

Nice try ;)

By the way, I went back and read some of your old "conspiracy" posts about Folsom from last year. Seems like you are another jealous local.

Embrace us :)

It seems there is a great coaching relationship among the high school varsity all the way down to the junior level. They have developed a football system, philosophy, and schemes that everyone adopts and stands by. Actually, i look at it from a great community builder (not to be in a kumbaya moment).
It is pretty awesome for the community.

Another reason why Folsom was ranked NUMBER ONE in CA for families to live ;)

Reactions: RiordanGael
Is the Jr. Bulldog program an actual arm of the HS program, more than the name sake? It seems it bounces on the edge of how CIF describes "undue influence". I'm sure it's been vetted by the school, just the way its described here it looks that way from the outside.

Actually, there isn't ONE player in our program that would attend Cordova by district boundaries.

Nice try ;)

By the way, I went back and read some of your old "conspiracy" posts about Folsom from last year. Seems like you are another jealous local.

Embrace us :)
I can't vouch for this year, but I personally know a player and family who drove from a surrounding city to have their son attend and play for Folsom. And in all honesty, if my son had the talent to start in that program I would probably do the same thing. Folsom draws a lot of attention from the scouts and that would improve my sons chances of getting seen by a program that's willing to pay for his education.
To think that if open enrollment ended and that would not change your program, you're delusional.

I can't vouch for this year, but I personally know a player and family who drove from a surrounding city to have their son attend and play for Folsom. And in all honesty, if my son had the talent to start in that program I would probably do the same thing. Folsom draws a lot of attention from the scouts and that would improve my sons chances of getting seen by a program that's willing to pay for his education.
To think that if open enrollment ended and that would not change your program, you're delusional.
You are going to critque "open enrollment" for a public school like Folsom when they may recieve one or two players a year from that, when private schools are drawing their ENTIRE team from outside the school's area!?

Open enrollment was actually designed for the less fortunate who were once force to attend "less than adequate" schools. Open enrollment allows students from other school boundaries TO APPLY to other schools on the basis of academics, space permitting. Go look at Folsom's academic rating and get back to me. You will see it is higher than MOST private schools in CA.

School ranking, for your reference: Per https://k12.niche.com/
Folsom: 104th
De La Salle: 121st

Just stop....

The Junior Bulldogs is a model program and has many other programs around the state emulating it. You can go to some of these youth games and see multiple coaches from other areas taking notes every weekend ;)

Last edited:
Is the Jr. Bulldog program an actual arm of the HS program, more than the name sake? It seems it bounces on the edge of how CIF describes "undue influence". I'm sure it's been vetted by the school, just the way its described here it looks that way from the outside.
It is not an actual arm, nor is it directly affiliated with the HS program.

BUT.......It does make sense for a youth program with 90 percent of the kids going to attend a certain school to possibly collaborate with the next level to ensure potential success. Collaboration and Teamwork is encouraged in this day and age ;)

You are going to critque "open enrollment" for a public school like Folsom when they may recieve one or two players a year from that, when private schools are drawing their ENTIRE team from outside the school's area!?

Open enrollment was actually designed for the less fortunate who were once force to attend "less than adequate" schools. Open enrollment allows students from other school boundaries TO APPLY to other schools on the basis of academics, space permitting. Go look at Folsom's academic rating and get back to me. You will see it is higher than MOST private schools in CA.

Just stop....

The Junior Bulldogs is a model program and has many other programs around the state emulating it. You can go to some of these youth games and see multiple coaches from other areas taking notes every weekend ;)
I'm not critiquing the system, I'm saying open enrollment enhances a good program, private or public.

Just stop....

I'm not critiquing the system, I'm saying open enrollment enhances a good program, private or public.

Based on your theory, when Vista Del Lago has a great program one day (which WILL happen), open enrollment will enhance their program ;)

Based on your theory, when Vista Del Lago has a great program one day (which WILL happen), open enrollment will enhance their program ;)
Absolutely, having 3 or 4 "academic" game changers added to a team that's good already makes that team great. Look at wood this year, that entire youth team stayed together and all went to Wood instead of the splintering between Wood and Vaca. Wood is very good this year because of open enrollment, Vaca is good every year because of open enrollment.. Oh, and great coaching, tradition, etc.

How long have you been following HS Football?

Absolutely, having 3 or 4 "academic" game changers added to a team that's good already makes that team great. Look at wood this year, that entire youth team stayed together and all went to Wood instead of the splintering between Wood and Vaca. Wood is very good this year because of open enrollment, Vaca is good every year because of open enrollment.. Oh, and great coaching, tradition, etc.

How long have you been following HS Football?
Born and raised here, so forever you could say :)

They have the Junior Bulldogs program which is pretty much a direct feeder to the high school. The coaches at the junior level work directly with the Folsom Varsity coaches to ensure similar concepts, and similar offensive schemes are being run. The program is awesome.

The junior level mirrors the high school level very well. Players from the Junior Bulldogs program are coming to the high school level ready to play and can understand the offensive concepts taught at that level. If you have seen Folsom play, you will notice they run a rather complicated style offense for high school standards. The Junior Bulldogs program has really helped Folsom build from the youth level up, instead of relying on other outside factors and transfers from other areas. The program is solely in-house.

Check out their website. Cool stuff.

http://folsomjrbulldogs.com/Org/Home.aspx?d=yr8BR3w1WCBAd29ZP530yQ==

Keep in mind, Folsom is a public school. They cannot rely on attracting kids from all over to build an all-star team every year. The only way for them to compete year in and year out is to build their program from the ground up, from the youth level.

The program is working. Here is a nice list of the D1 scholarships from last year alone.
J Browning - Washington
C Creason - Arizona
L Hendricks - San Jose
S Whitney - Boise State
C Thompson - Harvard
B Laolagi - UNLV
J Deguara- Cincinnati
Multiple others at the D2 and D3 level.
Best way to build a HS program is from the youth level on up. Folsom has a good thing going on up there!

Reactions: G61

School ranking, for your reference: Per https://k12.niche.com/
Folsom: 104th
De La Salle: 121st

Just stop....

G61, careful in not reading the details when posting rating/rankings. Folsom is ranked #104 overall (not academically) for PUBLIC High Schools. DLS is ranked #121 overall and #83 academically for PRIVATE High Schools in CA. Apples and Oranges.

G61, careful in not reading the details when posting rating/rankings. Folsom is ranked #104 overall (not academically) for PUBLIC High Schools. DLS is ranked #121 overall and #83 academically for PRIVATE High Schools in CA. Apples and Oranges.
Apples to oranges? Free vs. paying?

Looks like someone is getting the better deal ;)

I knew that little piece of info I threw in a post would get someone from DLS off their rocker ;)

I would say Wood is very good this season despite open enrollment. I would also say Vacaville has been good historically due to deep tradition and a good program coaching etc. not necessary due to open enrollment. has open enrollment helped both teams in some circumstances probably so. The success is founded in the roots of the programs and the coaching and ethos of said program.
I think all districts should have open enrollment. let the parents decide what is best for their kids. Make a statewide fee for out of district transfers and have a income waiver for less fortunate families so they aren't help captive due to finances. It allows kids to get out of bad situations and find places where they can be successful. Who cares if its Athletically motivated, heck most kids will take the best scholarship offer to decide their college, and that may not be possible if they don't come from a program the colleges see as lucrative for their incoming freshmen's desired athletic foundation. The main point of school is to get an education if going to school out of their district helps that out then so be it. IE: a college hopeful Quarterback would want to go to a school who passes a good amount not a 95% running team. A bruiser type fullback wouldn't get as many looks going to a 1 back offense who doesn't utilize a FB.

I say it is great if Folsom has open enrollment. They need to get a lot of out of district players if they want to continue to build their program. Now let's start seeing them get a decent schedude and play OOS games.

I say it is great if Folsom has open enrollment. They need to get a lot of out of district players if they want to continue to build their program. Now let's start seeing them get a decent schedude and play OOS games.
Maybe DLS will accept our invitation to play us next year on the blue turf? Or will they schedule Granite Bay again as a consolation?;)

G61 in all honesty I highly doubt that DLS is afraid to play ANYBODY, that being said they may just revel in the fact that Folsom is dying to play them. They have the crown and may just like the Fact that Folsom has to beg to try to get a shot to get it. Its like dealing with a woman so to speak when your groveling to get a kiss she will refrain for the simple fact of control, as soon as she thinks you don't care she will bless you with her attention. G61 and Folsom needs to move on but be ready for when DLS decides to play you guys cause there is no excuse good enough for a third straight loss after carrying on for so long about them ducking. I can't wait till DLS says it's go time that should be one hell of a game. Meanwhile I suggest Folsom handle business at hand and stay ready so they don't have to get ready when the big day comes. Oh and one more thing since you seem to be in the know on Folsom how many freaking smurfs did you have to kill to get enough blue pubic hair for to cover whole football field?

G61 in all honesty I highly doubt that DLS is afraid to play ANYBODY, that being said they may just revel in the fact that Folsom is dying to play them. They have the crown and may just like the Fact that Folsom has to beg to try to get a shot to get it. Its like dealing with a woman so to speak when your groveling to get a kiss she will refrain for the simple fact of control, as soon as she thinks you don't care she will bless you with her attention. G61 and Folsom needs to move on but be ready for when DLS decides to play you guys cause there is no excuse good enough for a third straight loss after carrying on for so long about them ducking. I can't wait till DLS says it's go time that should be one hell of a game. Meanwhile I suggest Folsom handle business at hand and stay ready so they don't have to get ready when the big day comes. Oh and one more thing since you seem to be in the know on Folsom how many freaking smurfs did you have to kill to get enough blue pubic hair for to cover whole football field?
Wow, angry are we?

The blue turf is amazing.

And DLS has no crown. It was left in Texas with Trinity ;)

Wow, angry are we?

The blue turf is amazing.

And DLS has no crown. It was left in Texas with Trinity ;)

Not angry at all I have no horse in this race. The crown I was speaking of is between Folsom and DLS. I would love to see them play again. As far as the blue scrub not my thing, too much of a novelty for me. Now if they had a proper kentucky blue grass field that would be something but NOBODY in Ca. could afford the upkeep and water costs lol. I'll take grass over plastic any day (if its maintained correctly which no HS is able to do) Good luck to Folsom the remainder of the season they're getting it done so far.

Not angry at all I have no horse in this race. The crown I was speaking of is between Folsom and DLS. I would love to see them play again. As far as the blue scrub not my thing, too much of a novelty for me. Now if they had a proper kentucky blue grass field that would be something but NOBODY in Ca. could afford the upkeep and water costs lol. I'll take grass over plastic any day (if its maintained correctly which no HS is able to do) Good luck to Folsom the remainder of the season they're getting it done so far.
With the current drought conditions in CA, we are doing everyone a favor by doing our part to conserve. The turf required no water :)

We win. We conserve. ;)

THE QUESTION NEVER GETS ANSWERED BY G61 ON WHO HAS PROVEN THEY ARE BETTER....DLS OR FOLSOM...WE ALL KNOW FOLSOM GOT SMOKED.....JUST LOOK AT THE RESULTS....

THE QUESTION NEVER GETS ANSWERED BY G61 ON WHO HAS PROVEN THEY ARE BETTER....DLS OR FOLSOM...WE ALL KNOW FOLSOM GOT SMOKED.....JUST LOOK AT THE RESULTS....
Who is better when? 2014? Now? 2013?

WWHS44 is just another jealous local ;)

NOT JEALOUS AT ALL...JUST REAL...DLS BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF FOLSOM...FOLSOM WAS NOT COMPETETIVE......FOLSOM DIDNT HAVE ONE CHANCE BUT TWO SHOTS TO PLAY THE CHAMP...AND GOT SWEPT OUT THE DOOR.....JUST THE FACTS BRA

NOT JEALOUS AT ALL...JUST REAL...DLS BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF FOLSOM...FOLSOM WAS NOT COMPETETIVE......FOLSOM DIDNT HAVE ONE CHANCE BUT TWO SHOTS TO PLAY THE CHAMP...AND GOT SWEPT OUT THE DOOR.....JUST THE FACTS BRA
Your not even a DLS guy!

Tell us who your team is. I looked at your posts. You are local.... LOL

You ONLY post anti Folsom stuff!

Another jealous local....TELL US WHO YOUR TEAM IS "bra" LOLLLLL

THE POINT IS YOU CLAIM TO BE BETTER THAN DLS BUT WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO PROVE IT...YOU GOT YOUR ARSE KICKED.......YOU DONT SEE ANYONE MAKING A FOOL OF THEMSELVES OR THIER TEAM LIKE YOU.....I THINK THIS IS REFFERED TO AS A SORE LOSER.....

THE POINT IS YOU CLAIM TO BE BETTER THAN DLS BUT WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO PROVE IT...YOU GOT YOUR ARSE KICKED.......YOU DONT SEE ANYONE MAKING A FOOL OF THEMSELVES OR THIER TEAM LIKE YOU.....I THINK THIS IS REFFERED TO AS A SORE LOSER.....
You are ducking my question?

Where are you from and who is your team? You are obviously a local. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

NOT DUCKING ANYONE...LIKE FOLSOM DUCKED DLS IN THE PLAYOFFS....OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN TO STATE AND THEY KNOW IT....WHEN DID FOLSOM COMPETE WITH DLS...ANSWER THE QUESTION...YOU SEEM TO BRING IT UP EVERYDAY...

NOT DUCKING ANYONE...LIKE FOLSOM DUCKED DLS IN THE PLAYOFFS....OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN TO STATE AND THEY KNOW IT....WHEN DID FOLSOM COMPETE WITH DLS...ANSWER THE QUESTION...YOU SEEM TO BRING IT UP EVERYDAY...
Your reppin DLS from Sacramento "bra"? Loser

You come on here and talk trash but refuse to rep your team.

Tell us. Stop duckin! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

NOPE..I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO THE SAME QUESTION YOU ASK EVERYDAY....WHEN WAS FOLSOM BETTER THAN DLS.....WHEN DID THEY PROVE IT? THEY HAD TWO CHANCES AND LOST BADLY ON BOTH.........KINDA LIKE RON LYLE....HAD A SHOT AT THE TITLE TWICE AND LOST...

NOPE..I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO THE SAME QUESTION YOU ASK EVERYDAY....WHEN WAS FOLSOM BETTER THAN DLS.....WHEN DID THEY PROVE IT? THEY HAD TWO CHANCES AND LOST BADLY ON BOTH.........KINDA LIKE RON LYLE....HAD A SHOT AT THE TITLE TWICE AND LOST...
2014 we were better. We didn't get the opportunity to play. Sad.

Now tell me......where do you live and who is your team? Quit duckin!

The fact that you only post on here to say negative things about Folsom, leads me to believe you are VERY much local................................... ;)

Probably another school that we dominated :)

Tell us..............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT