ADVERTISEMENT

Question - Oak ridge High Trojans

Dec 31, 2014
Can anyone tell me why Oak Ridge High School never plays in the tougher tournaments? Aren't they suppose to be good? We know people in El Dorado Hills were the high school is and they say it's all smoke and mirrors there. They normally have a good record but it's always against weak teams... The good teams beat them. It's all about money and who is in with who there... That's what we hear.

Oak Ridge came down to the Corner Bakery Showdown one year ... we've invited them to the Jamboree, but they haven't come. Of course, a lot of teams don't, for a variety of reasons, so that doesn't mean that much. There are plenty of good events to choose from.

I remember them at the Jamboree one year, but yes they don't play in many big NorCal tournaments. They have traveled for tournaments in the past. They seem to have a specific philosophy on scheduling that is different from most, but it works out well for them

This year they have a good record against some pretty good teams. They came to the Amador Valley Tourney and beat Deer Valley and James Logan, and the weekend before played Alemany and Fairfax out of LA, which are pretty good teams. I looked at their Maxpreps and they're schedule has some good quality teams that they've played. It's not full of open teams but then again, they're DI, not open either.

All in all, Steve has done a great job with that program since he's taken over.

Honestly it just sounds like your just hating on Oak Ridge. At the end of the day who you played or didn't play in December does not matter, sure it's a great measuring stick and very entertaining for fans but the only games that truly mater are in late February and early March. Most of the top high school teams have travel team kids that are battle tested and after you play a top team out of Florida or Texas going up the road to play Berkeley is not a big deal.

Yes they have only won 10 League Championships, 3 SJS Section titles, 1 Nor Cal Title and lets not forget the 1 State Title. Yes looks like smoke and mirrors to me. Only the truth kid you sound disgruntled. Don't hate.

So while we're discussing Oak Ridge: How did they lose by 15 to Mercy of Kentucky, which has lost seven games already, in a year when Kentucky isn't that strong?

I'm not saying that they're top 10 in the country. I'm saying they're a very good Division I team that's had a lot of success under Coach White's leadership. They'll be in the mix once Norcals come around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT