ADVERTISEMENT

Revenge game for St. Mary's girls vs Pinewood?

I was just told Delta Jc will only have one side of bleachers out for boys and girls games tomorrow. I guess CIF is not expecting a very big crowd.

Maybe that's the plan, but wouldn't they open up the other side if enough people showed up? It's not like it would take much effort to do so. I've been to a lot of games where additional bleachers were pulled out in various venues.

CIF has "guidelines" that they apply randomly, it appears. Miramonte plays at Presentation, which does not meet the guidelines for a NorCal semifinal, but we're playing there anyway. St. Mary's doesn't get to host even though CIF doesn't expect a crowd that will exceed SMS' capacity.

And last year, Miramonte played at Vanden in the NorCal D-II finals in the first game of a doubleheader that was so crowded they had to stop the boys' game because of too many fans.

As with the bracketing and seeding, consistency would be a wonderful thing, but so far CIF has not managed to acquire that attribute.

CIF has "guidelines" that they apply randomly, it appears. Miramonte plays at Presentation, which does not meet the guidelines for a NorCal semifinal, but we're playing there anyway. St. Mary's doesn't get to host even though CIF doesn't expect a crowd that will exceed SMS' capacity.

And last year, Miramonte played at Vanden in the NorCal D-II finals in the first game of a doubleheader that was so crowded they had to stop the boys' game because of too many fans.

As with the bracketing and seeding, consistency would be a wonderful thing, but so far CIF has not managed to acquire that attribute.

Everyone knows CIF picks and chooses what when rules will be enforced. Everyone knows SMS- pinewood girls game would not sell out SMS gym, but this is Pete Saco trying to get back at Tom. If you remember Pete would always walk away when he was suppose to hand Tom those section banners . All 19 of them. Now this is his way of screwing SMS girls . It's terrible that a personal vendetta plays a part in these playoffs.
Miramonte will travel way better than pinewood and they have to play at presentation. Not consistent CIF.

It doesn't matter to Pinewood where they play, this year they have gone and played anyone anywhere. Pinewood will be well prepared, well rested and bring their A game tonight, I know Doc expects that every time. Good luck to the panther women tonight!

Everyone knows CIF picks and chooses what when rules will be enforced. Everyone knows SMS- pinewood girls game would not sell out SMS gym, but this is Pete Saco trying to get back at Tom. If you remember Pete would always walk away when he was suppose to hand Tom those section banners . All 19 of them. Now this is his way of screwing SMS girls . It's terrible that a personal vendetta plays a part in these playoffs.
Miramonte will travel way better than pinewood and they have to play at presentation. Not consistent CIF.

Common..you think a section commissioner has a vendetta against Tom and trying to screw a high school girls program? One that has been one of the most successful in the last 10-15 years? I swear parents and the things they come up with. Next you'll be saying that Pete payed the refs when Pinewood beat SMS. smh

That is how they should play...I think they should take 30 threes and try to make 20.......you might as well go down shooting it

36-20 now... St Mary’s stepping in front of some Pinewood passes and getting some easy buckets...

Pinewood sure loves this gym! St. Mary’s girls struggling once again, in which appears to be their poorest performance this year. St. Mary’s best get working on building their new gym fast. Lol.

Wow, very surprising. Guess they didn’t learn from 2 years ago. This team can shoot. Need to take off the press and lock up man to man.

Halftime.... 39-27 Pinewood, but I’d say that St Mary’s has a bit of momentum on their side.

Lots of terrific plays... #15 on Pinewood has done some Steph Curry-like dipsy-doo floaters and spinners...

Wow, very surprising. Guess they didn’t learn from 2 years ago. This team can shoot. Need to take off the press and lock up man to man.
The St. Mary’s Rams are playing man. The Rams just can make their shots. Pinewood’s shots are nearly all goin in. It’s not just 3’s like 2 years ago. It’s a different game and several different players for both teams on the floor. Pinewood might as well call Delta College’s Blanchard Gym their home court. SM able to close within 12 at halftime, 27-39. Still have lots of basketball left.

Reactions: basketba11
Btw. Place is packed like sardines. Yet, they only have one side of the gym opened. I sure hope they consider opening the other side’s seats. Maybe the CIF is bein cheap and saving on rent only having one side opened for seating? Smh.

I’m not so sure bout that idea of dropping the press and trying halfcourt man-to-man. That might raise the comfort level of Pinewood even more as they spread their offense Warriors-style and bomb away... But they do need to try *something*...

I’m not so sure bout that idea of dropping the press and trying halfcourt man-to-man. That might raise the comfort level of Pinewood even more as they spread their offense Warriors-style and bomb away... But they do need to try *something*...
That’s what they did against Folsom. After 1st quarter, they dropped full court press and went on 17-1 run. With bigger court, much easier to spread out and beat press and double teams. So much for home court advantage

Neenah Young trying 3’s like she thinks she is Curry. Unfortunately, she doesn’t realize that she doesn’t have Curry’s range. Smh.

St Mary nails a 3 to get back within single digits for the first time in forever...

Pinewood just a better shooting team and playing a much smarter game. St. Mary’s playing out of frustration in their shot selection on offense. However, their defense is now turning up the intensity. Gap is now 7. 45-52 with 6:48 left. St Mary’s only able to score on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT