ADVERTISEMENT

Revenge game for St. Mary's girls vs Pinewood?

Pinewood has defeated SMS twice in three years, both times in Stockton. What more can they do to make it obvious they are the better program today?
I'm not disagreeing with you, it was obviously proven on the court. But if two 3 point wins in 3 years makes them "clearly a step or 2 ahead", how many steps ahead of PW is mitty?? There have been three 10+ point games in 3 years. Obviously the biggest one yet in 3 days.. but still

Last edited:
Pinewood is a very tough case for the X25. They have one quality win in SMS (beat a lot of good teams but no outstanding ones), didn't travel (big difference between them, Mitty and SMS), really, and lost to a team that just lost to Mitty by 25.

They're right on the cusp, and could go in even if they lose to Mitty, depending on what happens elsewhere. Of course, if they beat Mitty, they're in, and probably very high.

On the court, Pinewood beats a few, and maybe quite a few, teams in the X25, but we don't do it by who we think is better. We try to use some objective standards ... still, it's far from perfect.

Reactions: basketba11
We try to use some kind of objective information rather than just saying "Oh, I think they're better." Obviously, with Pinewood, it's clear to me how good they are -- as for Eastview of Minnesota, say, or North Allegheny of Pennsylvania, I don't have any idea. It would be unfair for me to try to use my "feelings" about a team when I have some about some teams and none about others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT