ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan Defeats sacred heart Cathedral

FUBO

Sports Fanatic
Aug 27, 2010
Stansberry with the game winning 3

This post was edited on 1/28 8:58 PM by FUBO

Were you at the game fubo, I here the Crusaders swept them? What happened to the 3 sophs?

It was the three Riordan juniors including the best player on the floor that were the impact players.

Stansberry definitely the best player on the floor again tonight. ES lit it up in first half, but cooled off in the second half. Crusaders played w/ o Galindo (injured Sat ). Stansberry came alive when it counted naming a 3 w 2 sec left on shot clock. Riordan D denied the Irish in the last. 20 seconds. Agree Irish are a year away. Surprised to see turnovers / bad decisions made by the Irish seniors. Dunbar provided a spark and frosh hit some nice 3s. Hollins should have been more assertive and looked to shoot more. Great atmosphere at the Forum btwn 2 City rivals. Riordan sweep at all levels.

Originally posted by jordan24:
Stansberry definitely the best player on the floor again tonight. ES lit it up in first half, but cooled off in the second half. Crusaders played w/ o Galindo (injured Sat ). Stansberry came alive when it counted naming a 3 w 2 sec left on shot clock. Riordan D denied the Irish in the last. 20 seconds. Agree Irish are a year away. Surprised to see turnovers / bad decisions made by the Irish seniors. Dunbar provided a spark and frosh hit some nice 3s. Hollins should have been more assertive and looked to shoot more. Great atmosphere at the Forum btwn 2 City rivals. Riordan sweep at all levels.

Irish just couldn't put the ball in the basket. I'll bet they shot about 28% for the game. #3 scored 65% of Riordan's points. That's ONE impact player.

Not surprised at the sweep. The best underclassmen are on the varsity.
This post was edited on 1/29 12:38 PM by Irish_Cheers

AAU ball v. the rigors of WCAL defense. SHC cant buy a bucket. High low offense is ineffective if a team cant find rim from perimeter. SHC lets the only kid that can beat them (Stansberry) get an open 3 on an inbound with 2 seconds left on 30 sec shot.

Unimaginative shot selection at end of game. SHC has no presence in the paint. I did think the Dumbar kid made nice strides tonight and the Lynch kid provided some needed muscle in the paint. SHC will out-jump teams but are soft in the middle and will not outmuscle WCAL defenders.
A great atmosphere tonight at The Forum.
This post was edited on 1/28 11:24 PM by CityVibesII

Originally posted by CityVibesII:

Unimaginative shot selection at end of game. SHC has no presence in the paint. I did think the Dumbar kid made nice strides tonight and the Lynch kid provided some needed muscle in the paint. SHC will out-jump teams but are soft in the middle and will not outmuscle WCAL defenders.

This post was edited on 1/28 11:24 PM by CityVibesII

They definitely have to have their "big" guys spend some time in the weight room. "Somebody" has to time his jumps on the rebounds.

Stansberry is the best player in the league and is my MVP through the first half of the season. Great atmosphere at Riordan as the crowd and band were in full force. SH may be a year away but they still have some time to put it all together. They have talent but their team roles don't seem to be defined yet.

Originally posted by Mr. Direct:
Stansberry is the best player in the league and is my MVP through the first half of the season. Great atmosphere at Riordan as the crowd and band were in full force. SH may be a year away but they still have some time to put it all together. They have talent but their team roles don't seem to be defined yet.
I get that sense myself. If anything, I'd rather see their 6'6" guys under the basket instead of around the perimeter. Hollins can hit the long ball if he's open but he's got to get in there an rebound too.

Im sorry, the 6'5 guy has Domingoitis. Its an illness of the tallest player on the team who cannot bring himself into the key on offense or defense and would much rather hang out around the arc. Nice block though before the game winning 3 by Stansberry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT