ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan's Rich Buckner Out as Coach

To my knowledge, Robinson while attending SH for his 3 years was an east bay resident. Not sure where but for LL thats Walnut Creek. I live in WC and its not the most desired commute day in and day out into SF. LL academically is a very good school. Its public so its free to his parents. Anyone that lives in the Bay Area can appreciate not having to travel far for work or for where their kids go to school. Good luck to Robinson.

Having said that, as long as Emmett Neal is not leaving. Im a happy SH guy.
What is the driving reason after 3 years at SHC would he want to sit out half the basketball season his senior year at a new school, albeit it is where he lives. What's changed?

What is the driving reason after 3 years at SHC would he want to sit out half the basketball season his senior year at a new school, albeit it is where he lives. What's changed?

It could be financial. Perhaps he wasnt on a free ride or what SH likes to call it "financial assistance". Las Lomas is free. Free in this case is better than paying the $15k tuition.

It could be financial. Perhaps he wasnt on a free ride or what SH likes to call it "financial assistance". Las Lomas is free. Free in this case is better than paying the $15k tuition.
Perhaps. Or is the grass greener with his new team?

Maybe the kid is tired and just wants to take a rest to heal and get stronger or take a break from basketball, he couldn't do that if he stayed at SHC...Lots of reasons are possible, these are kids. ...Tuition is $20,000.

Maybe the kid is tired and just wants to take a rest to heal and get stronger or take a break from basketball, he couldn't do that if he stayed at SHC...Lots of reasons are possible, these are kids. ...Tuition is $20,000.

Are you serious Scott? It was only $4800 way back when for my parents. Sheesh... I recall an emergency meeting by then principal, Br. Chris at the old gym. The Walkathon money was wayyyyyyy below expectations with a few weeks to go. He basically threatened the student body and I'm paraphrasing, "dont tell me you guys dont have money, look at your clothes and shoes!!!!" ... So for $20,000 I sure hope they aren't threatening the kids to meet their Walkathon goal. Btw, Las Lomas, "the Lowell of Walnut Creek". Not too bad.

Not bashing here are trying to start an argument here or anything, but...

I know nothing of Lowell. When you say LL is the "Lowell of WC", what does that mean?

I agree that Dublin is loaded and might beat LL. As far as seniors that have potentially 3 D-1 players. That is hard to beat. Dublin has one D-1 player and a bevy of D-1 players. Jackson, Neilson, Manning will be nice D-2 players.
Dublin should be the team to beat in D-1 playoffs.

Payne, Prince and Robinson along with a few others at LL should be a better team on paper than Dublin. Coaching could be a factor though as always

I'm guessing it means good academics.

Okay... Since I pretty much consider any high school to be a gym with other buildings nearby, I had no idea about either school's academic ranking. After Googling, I find that Lowell and LL are both solid academically and can clearly see the comparison being made.

Okay... Since I pretty much consider any high school to be a gym with other buildings nearby, I had no idea about either school's academic ranking. After Googling, I find that Lowell and LL are both solid academically and can clearly see the comparison being made.

Sorry for the head-scratcher. Yes, my comparison was purely academically-based.

Nailed it Doctor! The Principle pulling all the strings is Vittorio Anastasio, how the Diocese allows this guy to run Riordan is a mystery. Shame on you Vittorio. The new VC lol, Valley Christian has respectable leadership and traditionally good sports programs. Yes the new VC of WCAL basketball no doubt. As long as Vittorio is leading the way Riordan will continue to struggle. Sorry to see Coach Buckner forced out.
New Riordan President onboard - new Principal announced. I like the hire.
https://www.riordanhs.org/2017/07/28/welcome-new-principal-timothy-a-reardon/

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDNA and Queso71
I like it alot. Lets see what happens now though. Will they get push back from the iconic old school types still on staff or with a heavy voice in the school. Would love to see them..........never mind, will keep that opinion to myself!

I like it alot. Lets see what happens now though. Will they get push back from the iconic old school types still on staff or with a heavy voice in the school. Would love to see them..........never mind, will keep that opinion to myself!
OneDNA, I do not think there are any more old school types still on staff . And if they are, they do not have the influence they once had. I think this change is good. They tried the old boys club the past decade and it was nothing but one step forward then two steps back. Archbishop Riordan Poly Tech. Got a good ring to that. Does that mean a Parrot replaces the Rabbit? lol!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT