ADVERTISEMENT

Sac High-Grant opener gets cancelled

This never happened during thr Swafford/Allen era. What is the new leadership doing? A bad move after another bad move.

* it should be noted the fight was not with anyone playing the basketball game. so even swafford cant stop the violence of Sacramento people.

Reactions: Jumper3
security concerns. Having the right people and security at a game that features rival schools. That's an AD issue.

I think there are issues at Sac High with the way this coaching transition played out, but I don’t think this issue should be laid at the ADs feet

I think there are issues at Sac High with the way this coaching transition played out, but I don’t think this issue should be laid at the ADs feet
it was a security / AD issue, they only had two security guards working the game "NO" police presence. Two kids started fighting in the lounge area and instead of just breaking the fight up between two "KIDS" the so-called security (I see you) Officer threw down and exploded a tear gas bomb that filled up the entire gym so bad that the game could not be played, "Ridiculous". The kicker is the new coach grabbed his family and ran out of the gym leaving his players to fend for themselves, craziest thing I've ever seen. A coach cannot be afraid of the environment they coach in and if so perhaps that is not the job for them.

it was a security / AD issue, they only had two security guards working the game "NO" police presence. Two kids started fighting in the lounge area and instead of just breaking the fight up between two "KIDS" the so-called security (I see you) Officer threw down and exploded a tear gas bomb that filled up the entire gym so bad that the game could not be played, "Ridiculous". The kicker is the new coach grabbed his family and ran out of the gym leaving his players to fend for themselves, craziest thing I've ever seen. A coach cannot be afraid of the environment they coach in and if so perhaps that is not the job for them.

Sounds like a poor job by the admin of preparing should always have plenty of security and police presence at a big rivalry game. Don’t find any fault with coach going to his wife and young kids in a possibly dangerous environment.... that’s human nature.

Sounds like a poor job by the admin of preparing should always have plenty of security and police presence at a big rivalry game. Don’t find any fault with coach going to his wife and young kids in a possibly dangerous environment.... that’s human nature.

Family “Yes”, Grant Coach Wilson walked his family to the car watch them drive away, went back into the gym and walked his players to the bus, road the bus and called his wife who was home safe to come to Grant and pick him up.

Let's not play the blame game. It was an unfortunate incident.
If you want to judge someone give it some time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT