ADVERTISEMENT

Sac HS Football Outlook

The Heat Miser

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 5, 2018
With the season fast approaching, it seems it will be another great season for Sac HS football! I wanted to start a thread on thoughts and predictions for which Sac teams seem ready for a great season. Per usual Folsom seems to be the clear team to beat in Sac. They are loaded with talent and return Lyons at QB. Does anyone in the Sac area have shot at these guys? Oak Ridge? Speaking of talent the Grant Pacers are back and seem to be the second-best team in Sac. They have returned to form and look to be hungry to take the top spot with a great nonleague schedule. Who are the top teams in sac this season? Should be an awesome year! Here are some teas that come to mind.

Folsom
Grant
Inderkum
Oak Ridge
Rocklin
Monterey Trail

Cal Preps Ranking Top 10 in SJS 2024

Team Rating Strength of Schedule
Folsom 64.4 249.6
Oak Ridge 43.6 276.6
Grant 38.7 71
Rocklin 37.2 188.7
St Mary's 33.2 130.6
Inderkum 29.3 28.3
Granite Bay 27.7 139.7
Woodcreek 21.3 -20.1
Patterson 20.2 -6.1
Manteca 19.5 19.9

I don't think Oak Ridge will be the second best team in the seciton, but agree it is Folsom and everyone else in the SJS

Reactions: aztecpadre
Gotcha. My top 5 are something like this.

Folsom (large gap)
St Marys Stockton (I know out of area but they are in SJS and will be very good)
Rocklin
Grant
Inderkum

Gotcha. My top 5 are something like this.

Folsom (large gap)
St Marys Stockton (I know out of area but they are in SJS and will be very good)
Rocklin
Grant
Inderkum
This is about right. Maybe flip grant for rocklin. GB won’t be as good this year as well.

Oh got it. I thought the rating was for overall with strength of scheudle next to it.

Either way, I like your order
No worries. Streak you think this is the year for Folsom as the open team in North?
From my intel they are pretty loaded across the board.

No worries. Streak you think this is the year for Folsom as the open team in North?
From my intel they are pretty loaded across the board.
I think it is the best shot that they have had. They have a true game changer in Lyons and wealth of talent throughout the roster. De La Salle should be tough with their running game and secondary, but I think I would give Folsom the slight edge

Does anyone know if Folsom’s transfers are playing in game 1? They got some straight ballers that came over but if they have to sit out the LBP game is going to be real interesting.

Does anyone know if Folsom’s transfers are playing in game 1? They got some straight ballers that came over but if they have to sit out the LBP game is going to be real interesting.
Good ?. I don't know and you are correct w/ respect to that first game. I can't imagine they would be eligible but stranger things have happened.

I'm planning on going up to the blue field for that LBP game... Will be my first time there. Looks like it'll be varsity only.

I'm planning on going up to the blue field for that LBP game... Will be my first time there. Looks like it'll be varsity only.
First time... Wow. It will be hot Kiddman. (Likely. Visitor side has sun so def will want to be a homer. Honestly not my favorite field or stadium for that matter. We've talked about it on the board before but no real character.

So I've heard... Hopefully the weather will cooperate, or I might just watch online.

So I've heard... Hopefully the weather will cooperate, or I might just watch online.
I caught the DLS game there last year. Definitely worth a visit, but nothing spectacular about it. The home side was packed, but plenty of room on the visitors side. I would imagine it would be similar with LBP unless you arrive early.

Reactions: remc
Folsom has LB Poly and Serra and then my team Turlock in the third game. Turlock likes to schedule up but that could be a running clock game in the first half, if that was allowed. Playing a tough team early in the season could be akin to the quote (attributed to Mark Twain in error) "Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day".

Even if Folsom has dudes sitting out they have enough to Beat Ploy at home by more then 1 score….

Poly wasn’t even a D1 team last year and their Best win was over MV…. Servite was nothing special last year and beat Poly in the D2 Playoffs and Servite then lost to MV by 3 scores….

Poly will likely have 3 or 4 losses this year…. Folsom should handle them no problem….

Even if Folsom has dudes sitting out they have enough to Beat Ploy at home by more then 1 score….

Poly wasn’t even a D1 team last year and their Best win was over MV…. Servite was nothing special last year and beat Poly in the D2 Playoffs and Servite then lost to MV by 3 scores….

Poly will likely have 3 or 4 losses this year…. Folsom should handle them no problem….
Folsom should have a little more talent you’re right but I wouldn’t take LBP lightly. Poly was tough to read last year. They beat a good MV but lost to an average Servite team. One thing is certain, Poly is going to be FAST. Their track team just won state for the first time in forever and their skill players were running.

Reactions: THEOC89
Folsom should have a little more talent you’re right but I wouldn’t take LBP lightly. Poly was tough to read last year. They beat a good MV but lost to an average Servite team. One thing is certain, Poly is going to be FAST. Their track team just won state for the first time in forever and their skill players were running.
Absolutely Correct!…. The difference in the 2 Teams is QB….

I think the Poly QB that was Committed to either Colorado or Colorado State graduated…. He was a terrific dual threat QB, so they will have inexperience there and Folsoms Defense will be so tough at home….

Lyons has the Big Game experience, he will not get outplayed and I really like Folsoms Coach…..

So I have Folsom by 17…. 🤣🍻

Unless I am wrong about the LBP QB…. If it’s the same kid as last year then, this game will be a shootout!!…. 🤣🤣

Folsom has LB Poly and Serra and then my team Turlock in the third game. Turlock likes to schedule up but that could be a running clock game in the first half, if that was allowed. Playing a tough team early in the season could be akin to the quote (attributed to Mark Twain in error) "Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day".
Haven't heard that quote before, but gave me a good laugh this morning!

Absolutely Correct!…. The difference in the 2 Teams is QB….

I think the Poly QB that was Committed to either Colorado or Colorado State graduated…. He was a terrific dual threat QB, so they will have inexperience there and Folsoms Defense will be so tough at home….

Lyons has the Big Game experience, he will not get outplayed and I really like Folsoms Coach…..

So I have Folsom by 17…. 🤣🍻

Unless I am wrong about the LBP QB…. If it’s the same kid as last year then, this game will be a shootout!!…. 🤣🤣
Folsom is really hard to prepare for as a 1st time game. Offensively they are so advanced in schemes. I agree with THEOC89.
Also Folsom is very fast. They have athletes all over as well.

Reactions: THEOC89
I don't think Oak Ridge will be the second best team in the seciton, but agree it is Folsom and everyone else in the SJS
Interesting game in SoCal against San Clemente. If they both do well in their first games, I may go see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT